Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
twilight the movie! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twilight
  Yes
  No
View Results

The Dark Archer
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:24 pm
Well I haven't read any of the books, and to be honest I don't know anything about the series xD

However every girl in my school is in love with these books.
And there a big movie hype.

Anyone looking for to it? (The movie that is)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:42 pm
The thing is I really don't want to know what actors are going to play the characters.  

ymPsiegetanK

Greedy Capitalist

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

WillWintter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:34 pm
I'm in the middle of the second book and I might see it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:32 pm
I personally think that there are better books out there than the Twilight books and I'm not a big fan of the whole series. The movie I'm kind of on the fence about because of the clips I've seen the scenes between the actors seem kinda...off, I guess. I may or may not see it, I really don't know yet.  

De-Roche22

morbid_beauty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:08 am
Huge fan of the books!!! But i'm not sure how the movie is going to turn out, hopefully it'll be good! I don't like that one kissing scene between Edward and Bella though...like they aren't even supose to kiss like that! She's like suppose to kind of pass out...or attack him...weird i know. so that's pretty lame. Harry Potter was a bummer with the last two movies...the only movies that haven't been such a let down *well at least to me* has been LoTR...so lets see how this one works out!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:36 pm
I loved the 1st and 3rd books, but the 4th kinda killed it for me. I'm not too crazy about the movie, or at least not as hyped, but I'll still go and see it. I just won't go see it for like the 1st week it's out.  

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

pandiebun

Benevolent Bunny

10,425 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:09 am
I find it overated in our school. The way the author describes Edward is too perfect, its annoying... theres like a big vampire obsession going around because of these books. I guess its good for those teens who like fanfiction and simple words sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:33 pm
they're gonna ruin the movie i just know it!  

ammanime

The Dark Archer
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:54 am
Pandiie
I find it overated in our school. The way the author describes Edward is too perfect, its annoying... theres like a big vampire obsession going around because of these books. I guess its good for those teens who like fanfiction and simple words sweatdrop

Yeah my old school, has a huge vampire fetish O.o  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:48 pm
HaHa..thank god i'm not in high school anymore of middle school for that fact...i think i could almost imagine the Twilight phase people would be going through... :sigh: I must agree aboutthe books...the 1st and second were good...the third was super boring and the last one was way too long and annoying for my taste. But all in all i do like the series...i just hope the movie isn't horrible. But i think i'm more of a book fan that movie fan, but i think it still pisses you off when they get it all wrong...and destroy one of your favorite books *no matter what book it is*  

morbid_beauty

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:26 pm
I watched the trailer not too long ago. Having never read the books, I was curious as to the general plot line.

Let's just say, that if the trailer is anything like the movie, this movie is going to be lame.

Not only is the acting (in the trailer) stiff, the plot outlined in the trailer seems contrived and copied from every other modern vampire movie I've seen.

It seemed to call to mind Queen of the Damned and 30 Days of Night. So, if that says anything, then this movie will be terrible.

However, I hope to be proven wrong, because there's nothing I hate more than a bad book-to-movie adaptation.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:04 am
Its all way overrated. its like everytime I turn around there's a damn Vampire love story. Wtf? come now people, lets move on from the whole vampire falls in love with a human theme now. lets move on. rolleyes gonk I used to love vampire movies and books, but now, its just to over done. Its like reading Manga. At one time it was like..Oh wow you read that stuff? and it was cool to know someone else who did, but now, its like an infestation of kids who read it. you can't turn a corner without seeing someone babble about some graphic novel. WTF?
It killed it.

Like this book, the only thing about these books (so I've noticed) that is different from any other vampire story is that the vampires sparkle. OH MY! Hold the phone! They sparkle!? Oh snap. I mean, okay, she had a dream, she wrote it down. It was an okay story. Good for her, but this, this in infatuation with it is insane, and rather sickening.

I'd read the books but not only do I not want to read something so commercialized, but I also am afraid its going to be horribly cheesy. since it seems to be geared towards young teenage (12-16) girls. So I know those love scenes are going to be really really cheesy. gonk

But my boss likes it.

As for the movie, they're going to slaughter it. I know they are. They did it to Harry Potter, The Golden Compass, Arragon(sp?) and they're going to do it again with this book. Alot of people whom I've talked to have said that none of the actors really match the book characters and they said that from the trailers they've seen they've changed alot. So I wont be surprised when all of these crazy fans start screaming about the movie because they've killed it in the worst way.

okay..my rant is over.

I might read this book in a couple of years if I'm still interested in it.
And I might see the movie, just to stare at the main guy, because he's a hottie, but I wont plan on reading or watching it any time soon.  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:09 am
xd On a brighter note, the only good thing about this movie is the song that Paramore did for it. Decode. So amazing. I love it.
Quite possibly the only positive thing that came from this movies departure. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:06 pm
i'm looking forward to it
i may not approve of all of the casting choices, but none of them are horrible.
the only thing about movies based on books that i find is that they always seem to miss the little details in favor of the special effects...
but all the same i'm a die hard Twilighter biggrin
Quote:
there's nothing I hate more than a bad book-to-movie adaptation

i definitely agree with that statement right there  

nichimi

URL-Length

Dapper Gekko

10,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:03 am