A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Happy This, That, and The Other Thing
Got lost in the shuffle??? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is your birthday close to "the holidays"?
Y
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
N
75%
 75%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 36

Malheureux
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:57 am
This thread is dedicated mainly to Capricorns but also to anyone who's birthday falls on or near a holiday and have gotten ripped off with the excuse that "Your birthday is too close to *insert holiday here*"

Let's hear it Geezers...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:18 am
Well not my birthday.... but does an anniversary count? I would advise everyone to abstain from getting married close to Valentine's Day lol

funny story....

Our anniversary is on February 15th. My mother-in-law's birthday was February 12th (another mistake... don't get married close to someone birthday either) We had been married about 5 years when about a week before Valentine's Day my hubby came in with a huge heart-shaped box of candy.... I thought wow! He got me something really nice! instead of the usual free glass that comes from Hardee's when you buy a meal deal. lol... but nope, it was a b'day present for his mom! gotta love that man... grrrrr lol  

MotherMoo

Malheureux
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:49 pm
Quote:
Well not my birthday.... but does an anniversary count? I would advise everyone to abstain from getting married close to Valentine's Day lol

funny story....

Our anniversary is on February 15th. My mother-in-law's birthday was February 12th (another mistake... don't get married close to someone birthday either) We had been married about 5 years when about a week before Valentine's Day my hubby came in with a huge heart-shaped box of candy.... I thought wow! He got me something really nice! instead of the usual free glass that comes from Hardee's when you buy a meal deal. lol... but nope, it was a b'day present for his mom! gotta love that man... grrrrr lol

OUCH!!

Our oldest was born on February 13th, but I don't think it's so bad if you're a Valentine's boy. Let's face it, V-day is for girls, unless a guy has a very romantic lady who realizes that guys like surprises too... heart

My eldest brother's birthday is February 13th also, but growing up as Jehovah's Witnesses it didn't matter who was born when rolleyes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:20 pm
My baby girl was born on Valentine's Day (11:49pm to be precise, I was staring at the clock)

Now it's not a big deal, but when she gets older we're just going to celebrate Valentine's day sometime else.

I have a Jehovah's witness in my two year old class, I feel bad making him leave the room for birthday parties and such, and making him color when the other kids are making holiday presents. He's a sweetie though, has the biggest smile in the room.  

Momma Mira

SilntAngl5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:51 pm
Twighlight Mira
My baby girl was born on Valentine's Day (11:49pm to be precise, I was staring at the clock)

Now it's not a big deal, but when she gets older we're just going to celebrate Valentine's day sometime else.

I have a Jehovah's witness in my two year old class, I feel bad making him leave the room for birthday parties and such, and making him color when the other kids are making holiday presents. He's a sweetie though, has the biggest smile in the room.

My mother was born February 13th and she got re-married Feb. 17th, so it's all busy on Valentine's Day!

Twighlight Mira- I understand how you feel! I have a student who didn't celebrate Halloween (Kindergarten) and she was devastated when we made lollipop ghosts and she couldn't decorate her tissue cover into a ghost. How do you explain it to a 5 year old? All my students celebrate Christmas (or at least no parents responded to my newsletters home), but I try to teach them a little bit about other holidays around this time so that they might be respectful an accepting of other cultures.

I rambled. Sorry! stare  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:22 am
My birthday is a few days away from Halloween. Usually any party I want to have always got trumped for the Halloween party or other occassions. When I was younger my parents always had my birthday parties the first weekend in November. This happened so much that my friends thought my birthday was in November. sweatdrop

I got use to it and it doesn't bother me anymore.

Airtia

Malheureux
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:43 pm
SilntAngl5
. . . How do you explain it to a 5 year old? . . .

You can't. From experience I can tell you that anything you tell them will be taken wrong by the JW parents. I was always sooo embarrassed. . . cry

By second grade I started participating anyway ninja and I would hide my Valentine's and Christmas stuff from my mom.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:08 am
My son's b-day is 5 days after christmas, so the day after christmas we take down the decorations and get ready for his birthday. We have never gyped him on his birthday. It is very important to me that his christmas and b-day are seperate. Sometimes we throw a big bash New Year's Eve that lasts into the late night for him and his friends (he will be 14 this year).  

Creator Nan

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:57 pm
Yes.

First of January. It was a curse when I was a kid. I can remember just two real and good birthday parties and last was few days ago. xp

This was often excuse for several relatives to give birthday and Christmas present at the same time, writing both of those phases (and New Year well wishes) to same label and smile. Easy and cheap choice when there is twins. We would rather have had two cheap little presents than one with all three. To a kid, that was very depressing. I often felt that people really just wanted to go where the fence is lowest.

And we couldn't arrange proper b-parties either, for most of our friends were having their own vacations and being busy with the season.

But this birthday? Best we have ever had, I think. Party at my twins apartment, lots of good friends, just the right amount of food and booze and atmosphere that can't be forgotten. We loved each moment and person who was there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:17 pm
My sons birthday is close to Christmas I do all I can so he'll have a great birthday and Christmas  

chdllthstll

faybleofdoom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:39 pm
My birthday falls the week of Thanksgiving, every 7 years it falls on Thanksgiving. It meant that I didn't have to go to school on my b-day. In fact I still schedule myself off work on my birthday.

My anniversary is 3 days before Christmas, so that sometimes screws things up.

My son's birthday is Feb 13. He was even born a year that the 13th fell on a Friday. I have always told the kids that 13 is my lucky number (both of my parent's b-days are on the 13th of different months).  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:05 pm
I was born 2 weeks before Christmas. My childhood was filled with, "Whatever you don't open for your bday will be your Christmas presents." As well as, "If you aren't good Santa will take both your bday and Christmas presents back for the good boys and girls". Most of my small parties were after on a weekend, and many I had strep for too.

By 2nd grade I was so fed up with it I secretly made a bday for June 6th. I tell people now that if they want to do anything for my bday, wait for the June 6th one. My family still aims for Christmas to give me both.

My mother and a sibling have theirs every 7 years on Easter. I knew of people that had a Halloween, a New Year's Eve and a Valentine's Day bdays. My Godson's is the day after mine (Poor guy).

Those of you with children that are trying to make their birthday's special and separate from the holiday that's close, I applaud! Kids just don't understand money.  

iggies

Mystic12

5,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:31 pm
My birthday is December 12 and I have never had a problem.
I am sorry for those who do
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:32 pm
but see at a very early age I wouldn't put up with that crap. If your going to try to cheat me your going to get it. I will definitely forget you in return.
It worked.  

Mystic12

5,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

wolfen26

Conservative Werewolf

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:33 pm
Mine's the fun one, the 4th of July! We usually go out for dinner, have presents, cake and then go to the local town fireworks display!  
Happy This, That, and The Other Thing

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff