Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

revampedfallenangel

1,200 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:16 pm
I am 20,therefore i was legally allowed to drink one year ago...as i can tell that you are basing your geezers on drinking age cause you must live in the states and therefore can't legally drink until 21, I find these things offensive as I am from Canada,and would like to join to chat with people that are the same age as me but can't. Like those darn websites from the states that let canadains go to them, but then tell them they can't do it until they are 21...even though they could drink 2 years before you...anyway that's my little ramble.

Oh and 21 isn't old, you don't need nurses.Get off your lazy asses and take care of yourselves!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:27 pm
Uhm, I have Lyme disease, premature arthritis, no long term memory, Shattered elbow and knee, and a tendency to black out and end up in odd places. But I'm only 32 does that mean I don't get a nurse?  

Draconian Pheonix

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:22 pm
I need one of those Cabana Boys ... wink  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:34 pm
Oh nurse, isn't it time for my sponge bath? biggrin  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:47 pm
Just read through your post again revampedfallenangel - and there you have it. That lack of maturity and understanding, is why you are not a geezer. It has nothing to do with drinking age, and everything to do with outlook and maturity.

Now move aside youngling, and leave the nurses and Cabana Boys for those of us who appreciate them.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:01 pm
Well said September Wolf!

revampedfallenangel ~ The legal age for drinking here in the UK is 18, it doesn't neccessarily mean that all those 18 year olds going out and getting smashed off their faces are mature. Had you taken the time to actually read some of the threads in here and get to know the regulars you'd realise that the vast majority (if not all) are genuine, hardworking, intelligent, articulate, friendly people. And that's the reason why this guild is one of the best. Besides, a lot of us aren't 21 and havent been for some time.....

Draconian Pheonix ~ I'll nurse you hunny! xd

Faery Nuff

Site Moderator

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:55 pm
The 21 age thing had nothing to do with the legal drinking age, and everything to do with most of the members here being given an arseload of crap for being 21+ and therefore too old for Gaia. Most of our members have usually moved away from home and are living on their own with jobs, sometimes kids, etc.

Given your ranting post, it is obvious you didn't read the introduction threads here, or you would have realized anyone can post here in this "PUBLIC" guild. Official membership is at 21. We have opted not to make this a private guild so that some of our 19 - 20's can come and post, but we do not encourage people younger than that to come in and harass our members.

If you care to have more adult conversations with the members here, you are welcome to come in and chat, but if the only thing you want to do is rant about how unfair this guild is, then you can chose to ignore us. Either way is fine with me.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:07 am
Would you like some cheese? Well, if it WERE just about drinking age, why is it the US' fault?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd90zqsjzO4

(wow- I didn't know Robin Williams covered this one! smile )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc0JveFySB4

Sorry, but that song was in my head the instant you started going on about how it's not fair the Canadians want American stuff, but at a younger age, just because that's how Canada does it. But seriously, it's more about maturity then age. This guild does accept some younger then 21 if they're mature enough. By the context of your post, I'd say you still need a little more growing.  

charamath

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:09 am
Also, I don't drink.

A few other members of the guild don't either.
My ex-wife liked to say "Assume makes an a** out of u and me" and I usually disagreed with her, but sometimes it's a very true little statement.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:22 am
Lil Brat
The 21 age thing had nothing to do with the legal drinking age, and everything to do with most of the members here being given an arseload of crap for being 21+ and therefore too old for Gaia...

It really is true, revampedfallenangel, I doubt I'd still be on this site at all without the guild. So much focus is on the teenagers that until I found out about the geezers I was starting to think no one on it was older than 17. While I regret that you find the existence of our one good safe haven from ageism so offensive because I know you will miss out on meeting some amazing people, I can't help but think perhaps we are better off without the kind of negative energy you seem so intent to spread.  

Azure Alexea

Corbin Noir

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:19 am
Azure Alexea

It really is true, revampedfallenangel, I doubt I'd still be on this site at all without the guild. So much focus is on the teenagers that until I found out about the geezers I was starting to think no one on it was older than 17.
Same here.

Quote:
While I regret that you find the existence of our one good safe haven from ageism so offensive because I know you will miss out on meeting some amazing people, I can't help but think perhaps we are better off without the kind of negative energy you seem so intent to spread.

Hmmm....
revampedfallenangel

Oh and 21 isn't old, you don't need nurses.Get off your lazy asses and take care of yourselves!

I think you're right, Alexea -I think you're right. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:07 am
I think it's time a really old person puts her 2 cents in on the drinking thing. Since when does age have anything to do with drinking, there are a lot of teenagers who are killed every year because they are drinking. If you want something bad enough you can get it, and they do get it by asking someone out side a party store to buy it for them. Now, where does the responsibility come in, they drink and drive, sometimes killing innocent people with their foolishness. I lost good friends because of a drunk driver, they left behind their 18 month old baby. It doesn't make any difference how old you are, it has everything to do with maturity and willingness to follow the law and be more aware of your fellow human beings, that everything is not always about you and what you want. By the way, I'm 67 years old and have never drank, do I have a good time, you bet ya, never missed it either, and I can remember what I did the night before and I don't have anything to worry about or give myself anything to think about, that maybe I killed a young couple in the prime of their lives. What's the big deal about getting "smashed", where's the fun in that????????????????????????  

Miss Abigal of Lenox

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:12 am
Your attitude is less likely for me to actually talk to you if you were in the guild.Sorry, but the truth is you need some growing up and anger management  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:27 pm
I have to say that I agree with my fellow geezers. This guild is for mature Gaians, being able to drink doesn't neccessarily mean you're all grown up, in fact, the opposite is often true. As a fellow Canadian, I have to say that you're rant is a clear indication that you're not ready for this guild, you still have a little maturing left to do!

Oh, by the way, I may not need a nurse quite yet, but I could sure use a Cabana boy to come warm me up a little, it's cold up here! wink  

Kyreie

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:48 pm
While I agree with my fellow geezers about your maturity level, I feel the need to point out that Gaia has allowed members to make guilds that are very open to very exclusive to who the extend membership to, as long as it doesn't go against the ToA. It is our right and shouldn't offend you when there are other guilds that have very strict guidelines in becoming a member.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff