Submit

What have you been on longer?
  dA!!!!
  Gaia!!!!
  both around the same time...
View Results

user_n_a_m_e

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:19 am
just curious...which one have you been on longer? and why have you joined dA and why have you joined gaia??? what do you think about each?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:38 am
I've been on Gaia much long than Deviant. Deviant was a recent thing that I thought I could get to work, unfortunately my scanner thought other wise. ^_^;
Gaia was and still is a great way to kill time and keep away the boredom. Deviant I was hoping to use show and even preserve my art.

8track

nekys

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:51 am
I joined dA first. I found it accidently, looking for some fanart... And then I was like "OMG THIS IS THE BEST SITE EVAH" so I joined. I found gaia via an ad there.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:22 am
i joined Da first, because my friend wanted to show me some art...and i like it enough that i joined two or three years ago, though i have only recently been able to post art.......i noticed the Gaia ads but didnt pay much attention to them, until a second friend kept pressing me to join, so i waited until i saw a ad on Da, then i joined.  

missusLadyBird

TheSkepticalBystander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:42 pm
Technically I think I've been on gaia longer, but I have not used it as much. I took a few year's of a break before I remembered about this site. >w<

I use deviantart much more, it's my favorite site. :]  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:13 pm
ahm, well I joined DA because I just wanted to submit drawings =/ and gaia.. well.. O_o I was just bored.  

Nayumi-kuru

psycotic_wallaby

Moonlight Hunter

9,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:59 pm
i joined gaia first because of friend of mine asked me to, then i joined deviant art because my cousin asked me to. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:06 pm
I joined Gaia first. I think a friend told me about it or I found some people in a chat room talking about it. That's how I find most of my fave sites.

I joined gaia because I love dress up games. Then I got into the guilds and met some really cool people.

A friend introduced me to DA. Back then, there wasn't a free sign up option. So I just browsed. Then finally I was able to upload my art. DA is a great place to find good art.

I have been a member of Gaia for almost 3 years. And 1 year for DA.

onipanda379

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Ophrysia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:08 am
I joined Gaia first if I remember right.
DeviantART wasn't too far behind that.
Both of them were introduced to me by friends.
The friend that introduced me to DeviantART actually had to pretty much run my account for the longest time, because I didn't have a scanner when I first started. XD

I liked Gaia first for the dress-up aspect of it. Later I got hooked on roleplaying and just chatting in the forums. Then zOMG! came along... XD

DeviantART was a cool place where I could put my drawings and photos,
and where I could get some good criticism on said things.
I think it's helped me improve quite a bit.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:29 am
i've been on DA for 2 years now and i joined gaia...a week ago. i find them both very addictive but i pay more attention to the actual art on DA than to my friends on there (unlike gaia)  

Queen of Anything

1,400 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Dans oubli

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:59 pm
found dA from some people on iSketch.net a couple months ago
Found here via some friends talking about it  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:51 am
well i joined gaia because it was all my friend could talk about.
for a long time he was like my best friend, but after a while we stoped talking to eathother, and he got off gaia, but i'm still on because i invited my other friends and this is like our network.

and i join da because i like to look at art. and i didnt want to look like a noob so i put up a couple (not very good) deviations.
but i like da because of the great anime artist.

and i think both are equaly as awesome.  

mymadbadmonkey

Otange

O.G. Loiterer

10,375 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:35 am
I joined deviantart first, but wasn't very active.
Later I joined Gaia and forgot about it then forgot my password.
Then I went back to deviantart and became pretty active in the last two years and rejoined gaia this summer because my friend told me to. o.o  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:01 pm
Wow, I can hardly remember. I think it must have been Gaia first, because back then it was a simple site and I had mega slow internet... I always looked at stuff on DA but it was too slow for me to use in general haha.  

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sera Michaelis

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:16 am
About the same time, I can't remember which site I joined first. I've taken super-long hiatuses from both a few times. That's why I can't remember.  
NON-DA RELATED

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff