Total Votes : 32

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:36 am
Well, for me this applies, but I wasn't sure how many out there did the same...
I joined Gaia to keep an eye on the activities that go on here. You see, my 12, almost 13yo, daughter likes to be on Gaia and I cannot be looking over her shoulder all the time. So, I started surfing around and found myself drawn into the "world of Gaia". I love to chat and read different things about here, and dress up my avatar in things I wish I have for real! So, how many people have similar reason for being on here? Or, did you just find yourselves here some other way?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:38 am
I saw an add on another site a bunch of times, and i finally decided to click it 3nodding  

akageoffrey

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

elusivebreath

Sugary Sweetheart

4,150 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:10 am
Like you, I was drawn into Gaia by my kids. First it was Neopets, then they moved on to Gaia, so I joined just to check out the site. Of course, now I'm on here as much as they are!!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:38 am
Back in 2004, my friend told me about this website so I decided to check it out. At first I didn't like it much because it was so damn hard to get gold so I left Gaia for about a year and I'm still here.  

Kamika Sugi

8,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:26 pm
I had just moved and had no interent at my house, so I was looking for a way to chat with a friend of mine without having to download anything so I could use it at the library.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:36 pm
Omg, neopets, that site becomes addictive, too! But, I don't like how they have the stores now. You used to be able to find food more easily, if you had limited funds, now you have to get cash there as well. I still have an account there too though.
As for keeping in touch without home internet, I can relate. I have a computer, but no way to get wireless currently at home. So, I take my laptop to the library and bookstore for access, that's why I have limited time online usually.  

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

-RenKairui85-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:53 pm
I was sucked into here by some random person at my art college. She notice that I liked anime and asked if I was on gaia. She help me start an account and I've been here ever since. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:42 pm
I wanted an avi for a message board I was using (they don't make them), and my daughter told me Gaia would let me make and export an avi for free. I got to looking around, and I spend an hour a day here, now.  

Taxi Mama

Jaxter35

8,650 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:39 am
I had friends that were on Gaia and they told me about it and they wanted me to join them. We're all anime fans and so we were drawn to this site. I'm extremely glad that I joined because this is where I met my fiance! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:53 am
Kamika Sugi
Back in 2004, my friend told me about this website so I decided to check it out. At first I didn't like it much because it was so damn hard to get gold so I left Gaia for about a year and I'm still here.

That's the exact same for me.
I think the only thing I did back in 2004 was fish, but the forums really put me off and I quit coming.
At first it was friends from the local anime convention that got me to check it out.  

mizducky

Kyreie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:05 am
akageoffrey
I saw an add on another site a bunch of times, and i finally decided to click it 3nodding

Same here. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:52 am
I first saw and heard about Gaia from a friend, few years back. Might have been -04 or -05. But that particular person toured place so that me and another stranger to Gaia did not understand the point of this site and disliked it from the very first time we saw the loading page bubbles for jigsaws.

Reason? This person herself is as old as I am and living with her head on clouds and pink glasses over her nose. (She could not even take care of herself, person older than 20 years) She made it look like this was just a place to be cute, cuddly and talk nothing but cute anime that people like. In short, I thought this was place for brain dead nekogirls. stare

Much more trusted person invited me along two summers back, and it took a month to realize this was the very same place I hated at first. Nicer stuff now. Still cute and cuddly, but there is sensible people around after all.  

Veddhartha

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:03 pm
I tripped over in a message board, that criticised Gaia for being all OMG i'm a teenie and use txtspk, fell in here and found it strangely addictive!!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:43 pm
Some people I knew kept talking about it. So I decided to check it out. Seemed like fun so I joined. biggrin  

saphire023

BlackCatt73

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:40 pm
eems like a lot are here "by accident" and just got sucked in! I know that feeling entirely. But, I am happy to have a place to discuss topics of interest, and even ones that are not. Only problem I see at times is in the other forums where there is a lot of crude and obnoxious banter neutral Otherwise, I became very addicted! Now, I'm here more than my daughter is eek  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff