Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Disappointing Movies
The Mummy 3 - So much to work with yet they fail. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor
  I liked it! I don't know what you're going on about!!
  I completely agree with you!
  Eh... Wasn't really good or bad.
  I love Brendan Fraser's face! What do you mean he did something?!
  *Believes that Luke Ford is lucky he's not horribly unattractive*
  MAMEHA!!!
  I didn't see it... *Cough*
  *Is just getting monies*
View Results

Chetan Rae

Dapper Gekko

5,850 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:12 am
So I watched The Mummy 3 and I was expecting glory-ory ness! I was dissapointed... With such amazing actors as Jet Lee, Brendan Fraser, and etc, and the concept of the Terracotta wariors really they truly had all the pawn pieces to make an excelent movie of joy! But they hired that woman who was to fill the place of the wife and that guy they got to be the son and it just fell from there.

A good actor has to work twice as hard to make a bad actor look good and I feel sorry for Isabella Leong (Lin) who was stuck in that scene with Luke Ford (Alex O'Connell) where they are apparently arguing. I didn't realize that they were in a heated discussion until she got upset. Then I was like "...Oooh...Huh."

I really am quite shocked because I love the concept but I really am not pleased with the outcome.

Plus why does Brendan Fraser have to die? Honestly. And come back to life no less! It's like Buffy who dies in pretty much EVERY season and magicly is alive to fight and save the world of vampires and Spike again!

(I'm mean to sneak Buffy in there...)
Plus they went a little over board on John Hannah's character (Jonathan Carnahan). He's not that disasterous or greedy. He's just a little, how to put it... in his own world I guess.

To end on a possitive note - Adore:
Michelle Yeoh (excelent as usual)
Brendan Fraser (had something done to his face...)
Jet Li (you did what you could)
John Hannah (eh...)
Special Effects People (freaking fantastic!)

Please don't hate me...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:07 pm
Yeah... I haven't seen this yet, but I doubt it could be that great. I mean, the first one was mediocre at best, and the second one was just... meh. And don't even get me started on that spin-off "The Scorpion King." I think this has just been a bad few years for unwanted sequels...  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

x--stevee--x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:06 am
yeah the mummy 3 was really really horrible. i think it had potential it was just poorly executed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:01 pm
I thought it was executed very well I don't know what your talking about xP  

Ice Street 7

Aged Vampire

5,275 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Seras_Victoria12485

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:46 pm
If they done something different, made it like the first one, then it would be good, but since they didn't do as good of a job, it just went downhill like a snowball. I was hoping, when I saw the previews, it would be good, but when I watched it, it was a big disappointment. That is all I am saying.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:40 am
Chetan Rae
Brendan Fraser (had something done to his face...)

Brendan Fraser is one of those lucky men who get more handsome as they age. His youthful boyishness of past years made him cute, but in the past 5 or so years his weathering has made him more distinguished.  

GilAskan

SuperSecretAZNman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:00 pm
Yeah a part 3 of the mummy. We all thought it had a good preview. That's just the thing the preview was an outer shell what covered a butchered inside. I do have to say, they had good actors in it. Although...for crying out loud did they seriously had to replace Rachel Wiesz with the new girl Maria Bello? As well as his grown son Luke Ford eh idk about him. For the writers trying to add twist in the family problems I would considered the kid from part 1 and 2. His name... Freddy boath. I know for sure it would leave the whole cocky bad acting out of the movie. Its just not the same without the original actors. I'm probably going overboard with it just I didn't like the guy in the movie at all. Exept Maria Bello but still not the same.

I guess thinking that Jet Li added a little spice to the movie. Of course it sorta did just thinking there is no way Brandon Fraser could possibly keep up with his martial arts. lol Thats just me btw. Just adding Jet Li made me think his old original martial arts movies that made it as if his role as a royal whatever is so repetitive.

Over all I like the whole story line and how it started and was brought to the middle of it. Just was disappointed in the ending pieces. The graphics were very inspiring just the story plot just made it go under and the new actors to. I still think they could have considered mid east mummies and stayed with it. lol Immortal this immortal that... abominable snow men? Adding that concept to it made it childish i thought even though looked cool just again the story lol. Its not really a movie to be watched in theaters I think it should be watched though DVD or somehow gets aired on TV. That's sums it up better.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:21 pm
I thought it was good except for .. NO Rachel Weisz. I believe the movie would have been easier to digest with her hotness in it.

Katai Rei Kun

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:03 pm
Without Rachel Weisz, and without Imhotep, there was no point in making this movie. I will eventually watch it, just because I like Brenden Fraiser (despite my better inclinations. xD)...but I'm not super excited about this thing. The first one was so badass...but now this movie seems so trivial...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:58 pm
User Image

I Love the first two movies, I have them both, and I was so excited for the 3rd to come out on video to rent. But I was soooo disappointed. Because for me I need the original characters... =S And the wife was doing nothing for me. The rest of the movie I pretty much liked.

User Image

sparkness

Naughty Lover

cononut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:38 pm
Even with all of the screaming, I still fell asleep. I think they found the Mummy way to fast. I also sort of missed the whole Egyptian theme. They also should have at least tried to make the adults look older. I mean if the son (who was like 10 in the 2nd film) is suddenly 25, then the thirty-year-olds of the second film should have wrinkles and gray hair. I mean, in the beginning they tell you the story takes place a very long time ago so botox is out of the question.

I always think that they always ruin the best series with the third (sometimes fourth) film. The one I found that held the strongest was X-men and Back to the Future (lol that movie was timeless. Hehe, corny jokes)  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:45 pm
Yeah,they should have left off at 2.3 was I dunno how to say it really...  

Speedira

Ultra_jill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:58 pm
See that is why I didn't see it I thought it would be stupid  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:01 pm
personally i think they sould have made the bredon fraiser charactor in the first 1 a bit different its seemed liked a watered down harrison ford  

xXNuclearDiffusionXx

Lil Orchid Jenny

Dedicated Seeker

10,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:20 am
I was disappointed in the third. They focused too much on Alex (whom I really didn't care for) and not having Rachel in it really hurt it.

It's definitely my least favorite in the series.

Disappointing Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff