Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Walter Island (Official Contest Forum)
~*~*Holiday Rush Contest~*~* Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fiancee
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:44 pm
The digimon in tamer island are busy preparing for the holiday season, however some digimon need your help in their activities.

Various scenes are added anytime so keep viewing the thread.
The scenes include situations which you must solve(a little bit like the pandastic contest I previously hosted), once solved I shall inform you and you may choose a category below:
Prize Category: ^ prices increased due to difficulty

Red Box= Random Digimon present in the scene
Green Box= Random Gaia Christmas Item worth 4,000g-7,000g
Gold Box= 5,000 pure Gaia Gold

Rules/Steps in Solving a Scene:
1. Choose a scene below
2. If you have chosen a scene and you think you know the answer, post the number of the scene you wish to solve + your solution.

3. Wait for my post to confirm if you have won or not.
4. Once confirmed that you have won, indicate the color of the box you wish to receive as your prize.

*One can answer any of the problems as much as they want as long as they haven't won in this contest yet.

*PENDING:
Darkfire Karan
(choose a box category)

Red Box Prizes:
User Image
[IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w37/Tamerislandguild/omegaholirush.gif[/IMG]

User Image
[IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w37/Tamerislandguild/toansorcery.gif[/IMG]

User Image
[IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w37/Tamerislandguild/pwnzero.gif[/IMG]

User Image
[IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w37/Tamerislandguild/chedark.gif[/IMG]

User Image
[IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w37/Tamerislandguild/demidev.gif[/IMG]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:54 pm
User Image

Scene 1: ~SOLVED~

Jijimon and Babamon are preparing for a christmas event in file city. Jijimon went to fetch Candlemon, Deramon and Wormmon as guests for the party. When he brought the 3 back outside file city, Ogremon, the city's security guard only allows Jijimon plus another digimon with him at a time in order to enter File City.

Jijimon thinks that
1. If Candlemon and Deramon would be left together, candlemon might set deramon ablaze so they cannot be together.
2. If Deramon and Wormmon would be left together, Deramon might eat wormmon so they also cannot be together.

How will Jijimon take the 3 digimon back into file city for the christmas event?

User Image
Scene 2:

Trailmon is crossing a 1 mile long bridge in order to deliver christmas presents. The bridge can only hold 20,000 lbs, which is the exact weight of trailmon. Trailmon makes it half way across the bridge and stops. Demidevimon then comes and lands on Trailmon to spoil the christmas.
will the bridge collapse? Give a reason.

User Image

Scene 3 ~SOLVED~

Taking the role of santa in tamer island, Jijimon is the one who distributes gifts. WhitePawnChessmon who is very faraway from file city lost his spear. Jijimon heard about this and decided to give him a brand new spear as a christmas present. The length of the spear is 5 feet 1 inch. Jijimon called for piximon who is the postman to deliver the spear to Pawnchessmon but unfortunately piximon only accepts packages with the maximum length of 5 feet only. How will jijimon deliver the spear??

User Image

Scene 4 ~SOLVED~

Unimon is on its way to a christmas party but as unimon dashes towards its destination, Virus Cherubimon has awoken!
Unimon's destination is 50 feet away
Unimon covers a distance of 5 feet per gallop
Cherubimon is currently 10 feet away from Unimon.
With each move V-Cherubimon advances half the distance to Unimon as it speeds away.

How many moves will it take for V-cherubimon to reach Unimon?

User Image

Scene 5 ~SOLVED~
Cherrymon is looking for the wisest wizard/sorcerer for a magic act part of a christmas program
Cherrymon called for three wizards/sorcerer digimon not certain if they are
wizardmon/sorcerimon since they all look the same to take part.

The test has begun
Cherrymon placed a hat on each sorcerer/wizard digimon each of them and told them that The first to correctly announce the color of the hat they are wearing will take part in the program. But those who guesses wrongly shall be banished and if 1 hour has passed, cherrymon will have to look for another batch.

Cherrymon told the three that at least one of them is wearing a Blue Hat. There may be 2 blue hats and 1 gray hat, 2 gray hats and 1 blue hat, 3 gray hats but there can never be 3 blue hats.

A wizard/sorcerer can only see the color of the hat his 2 competitors are wearing but he cannot see his own.

One wizard/sorcer digimon looked around and found out that his two competitors are each wearing a gray hat. From the look in their eyes he could see tell that they were also wondering which color of hat they were wearing.

For 50 mintues no one spoke. Finally the wizard/sorcerer stood up and said, "The color of the hat which I am wearing is...

What is his answer? explain.  

Fiancee
Crew

iDragow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:22 pm
1st scene:
Jijimon would take Deramon first, come back, grab Candlemon, go back, and grab Wormmon. Babamon would keep Candlemon from igniting Deramon.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:25 pm
Scene 1

Jijmon will need to take Deramon across first.

Leave Deramon and Return.

Then take Candlemon across.

Leave Candlemon, and return with Deramon.

Leave Deramon and take Wormmon across.

Leave Wormmon with Candlemon and return alone.

Take Deramon across, all digimon on are now on the other side.  

SkyCore

Fiancee
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:31 pm
flame_leopard
1st scene:
Jijimon would take Deramon first, come back, grab Candlemon, go back, and grab Wormmon. Babamon would keep Candlemon from igniting Deramon.

Poor deramon would be burnt if that is the solution.....  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:32 pm
OmegaSeraph
Scene 1

Jijmon will need to take Deramon across first.

Leave Deramon and Return.

Then take Candlemon across.

Leave Candlemon, and return with Deramon.

Leave Deramon and take Wormmon across.

Leave Wormmon with Candlemon and return alone.

Take Deramon across, all digimon on are now on the other side.

Congratulations!
Your solution is correct, which box will you choose as prize?  

Fiancee
Crew

SkyCore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:37 pm
Yay!

I would like the Red Box please.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:01 pm
2nd scene:
I believe that the answer would be no. The exact weight it would take in order to break something is impossible to tell, because of displacement. So, even though Trailmon weighs the exact limit of the bridge by himself, he could be spaced far enough so that the weight is distributed to the point of safety. So adding a DemiDevimon, a flying creature, shouldn't be too much of a problem, seeing as how he has to be extremely light in order to fly.  

iDragow

Teh Ace of Shades

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:12 pm
3rd scene:
I think Jijimon could take an inch away from the spear...?

Edit: Or he could take Piximon's spear and hold it for him so that Piximon could take PawnChessmon's spear and deliver it and when he gets back, Jijimon will return the spear :'D  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:17 am
flame_leopard
2nd scene:
I believe that the answer would be no. The exact weight it would take in order to break something is impossible to tell, because of displacement. So, even though Trailmon weighs the exact limit of the bridge by himself, he could be spaced far enough so that the weight is distributed to the point of safety. So adding a DemiDevimon, a flying creature, shouldn't be too much of a problem, seeing as how he has to be extremely light in order to fly.

Hmmm sorry but I don't accept answers which are seemingly guesses by using words like "could"
You should base your answer from the scene.  

Fiancee
Crew

Fiancee
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:19 am
Teh Ace of Shades
3rd scene:
I think Jijimon could take an inch away from the spear...?

Edit: Or he could take Piximon's spear and hold it for him so that Piximon could take PawnChessmon's spear and deliver it and when he gets back, Jijimon will return the spear :'D

Sorry, try again^^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:31 am
screen 2

Yes the bridge would collapse because it reach it limited. it be the same thing if I'm lifting weight. if I'm lifting at my most and an extra pound was added I wouldn't be able to lift it and my arm would drop and the weight crushing me. by looking at demidevimon you can easily tell he is a few pound.  

shadow toan

Fiancee
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:06 am
shadow toan
screen 2

Yes the bridge would collapse because it reach it limited. it be the same thing if I'm lifting weight. if I'm lifting at my most and an extra pound was added I wouldn't be able to lift it and my arm would drop and the weight crushing me. by looking at demidevimon you can easily tell he is a few pound.

try again^^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:09 am
~I have search the earth and walk among the heaven and hell for an answer and my results are.....~

Crap! i thought i get it right! hmmmm i have to really think about it.............

edit: let try screen 3

jijimon would dress up as Santa Claus and deliver the spear himself

~Their are idiots everywhere.....~

shadow toan

Fiancee
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:36 am
shadow toan
~I have search the earth and walk among the heaven and hell for an answer and my results are.....~

Crap! i thought i get it right! hmmmm i have to really think about it.............

edit: let try screen 3

jijimon would dress up as Santa Claus and deliver the spear himself

~Their are idiots everywhere.....~

Lol^^
Remember that white pawn chessmon is very faraway.
H ecannot do that.
The only hope is piximon the postman to deliver the present.  
Walter Island (Official Contest Forum)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff