Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Fake Friends Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DO YOU Agree?
  YES
  NO
View Results

Mizz3ntyce

400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:11 pm
WELL JUST CARIOUS WHY DO PEOPLE TELL YOU SORRY I WASNT ABLE TO GET YOU ANYTHING FOR CHRISTMAS IF THEY NEVER HAD INTENTIONS ON GETTING ANYTHING FOR YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE CUZ IF THEY DID U WOULDVE BEEN 1 OF THE FIRST ONE TO GET SOMETHING U KNOW IT KILLS ME THAT PEOPLE CAN BE SO FAKE AND HIPRACRUIT'S  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:16 pm
It's the thought that counts...at least they had the courtesy to uplift that.

I know what you mean, though, people tell me that all the time, and get me nothing, but it's nothing to get mad over. It will cause more arguments and such. Just don't give them presents next time if it bothers you.  

tofu prime

Kitten

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:26 pm
I like nonsense...

I knew a girl in high school that always said that... She always felt bad about it to. She wanted to get people stuff but her family was not all that wealthy, and could not afford it.
Maybe such a thing is the case with your friend?

...it wakes up the brain cells.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:33 am
Song was that girl you knew .. me?

Ha. I tried getting my friends stuff but I was wayyy tooo poor to get em anything. I always felt bad because they were so generous with me. u.u

(As for the topic - It is not that they are being fake, you can't judge em that quickly )  

Nemsy

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:59 am
I pick and choose who I give gifts too because I never have much cash. I don't have many friends, so that's no problem, but this year I did get my best friend a gift. I just made her a loaf of pumpkin bread. She loves my pumpkin bread, and the ingredients aren't expensive, so it worked out perfectly. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:04 am
She might just not be able to afford to cause she spent her money on ehr family, just dont get ehr anything if it bothers you so much, but i do get what u mean but it doesnt mean there being fake they could be forgetful?
oh well its about giving not recieving sometimes ^^

x-x-Blonde-Angel-x-x

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:14 am
Sigh. Can't you just be thankful to have those people in your life instead of just caring about what they get or don't get you?

And its "CURIOUS"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:54 pm
Mikey. Isn't that why we have thanksgiving for? haha just kidding. >u>!

Nemsy

Dreams of Nowhere

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:27 pm
maybe they couldnt get something but they did mean to!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:21 pm
I'm just curious... Why do some people get to be so upset when you can't get them something for Christmas? Why do some people assume that you never intended to get them anything when it wasn't that you never intended to, but that you just couldn't afford to get them anything? It just makes these people seem so greedy when they get upset about your not being able to get them anything.  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

foxtrotblues

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:08 am
...great. now i feel like crap for doing the same thing to my friend. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:14 am
Thought you were talking about the user for a moment. dramallama
User Image
Well damn Ph3nom is questing for a Death Whisper!
83k/140k

The_HugePh3nom

Azn-C00ki3z

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:06 am
heloo  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:22 am
well, of course, there is the issue over not being able to afford a gift. Maybe they didn't intend to get you anything in the first place, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are a "fake friend". I mean, it could mean that, that they didn't really want to give you something, so just said it to say it, but it all depends on the person. I wouldn't judge it by the gift they give or lack thereof. I'd judge it by the more important things in life, like if they are there for you and what-not. I didn't get a lot of people gifts this year like I normally do. But, even when I do that, i have to make sure who I'm buying for for money's sake, because I do have many people who I consider friends, thus I can only buy for the closet ones, or the ones I see a gift for and have to get them it. Then, it makes me feel bad that I left someone out.

So, it's all a matter of who the person is and what the true situation is. I don't expect to get gifts from people, so it doesn't bother me... and it bothers me that when I get a gift for someone they feel obligated to give one back. They shouldn't feel that way, that they shouldn't. Christmas is about more than receiving gifts.  

mysticalfairymagic

black rose vampires

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:48 am
i guess i dont need gifts -_-
they can give me love as a gift or a card -_-
lol im cheap ^_^
i guess i dont mind xp
my friends are the most important gifts of all and my family too X3  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games