Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Teenage pregnancy. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Equine love

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:05 pm
What are you views on teenage pregnancy?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:53 pm
I would prefer that a person not get pregnant during middle/high school since it's extremely hard to take care of a baby at that age. However, I also realize that not all teenagers will just not have sex, so I'd hope that someone who is going to have sex use protection and make sure that they are using it properly. It doesn't prevent all pregnancies, but it's much less likely to occur and should also protect you from getting an STD.

If the girl is trying to get pregnant, I worry. Except for some extremely privileged teenagers, most do not have the time, money, or resources to take care of a baby and finish school. They will probably have to ignore one so that they can focus on the other.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Matron Mord Sith

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:38 am
Its made of fail because they basically screw their life over before it even starts. Use protection its plain and simple.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:25 am
I believe it's a horrible idea.
You won't have enough time for school, friends, or anything, but the kid.
Plus, if a teenager were to have a kid, the kid's more likely to have something wrong with it.

But then again, if a person does get pregnant, I don't believe that they should get an abortion.  

Famous Rapist

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:31 pm
I personally think teenagers shouldn't be having sex. Though I know my opinion won't keep it from happening. If they insist on having sex then they should at least use protection. And if they still get pregnant then they should get an abortion to keep from ruining their lives.

I just think teenagers shouldn't be having kids. Why would you want to have a kid when you're still a kid yourself?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:06 am
I think that teenagers in school should use a freakin' condom or abstain fromm sex, but once you're out there are SOME (and I can't stress that enough) that can take care of kids and go to college/start their life (eg. my mom, but not my aunt. At all.)

I don't think they should get an abortion, though. I guess I would understand the abortion thing if they were raped, but otherwise, no.
Adoption is a much better option  

GabrielleClearwater

NokiKoo

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:27 am
Ok, I had my daughter when I was 17. While I don't think it is the best thing to have happen, I wouldn't trade my daughter for the whole world. She has been nothing but a joy in my life. I was on birth control and using condoms when I got pregnant with her. No matter how safe you think you are being it can still happen. I had only lost my virginity 4 months prior to getting pregnant and it was with her father. So I don't want to hear any "You huge whore blah blah crap" I had been dating him since I was 14 and my dad is a drug addict who beat me so I was no longer living with my father. I was living with my boyfriend and his family. We planned to get married after graduation, before I was pregnant we were planning to... He turned into a complete abusive nut case about half way through the pregnancy... so I am GLAD I ended up pregnant BEFORE marrying him! It would have been MUCH harder to get away from him had we been married!

So I ended up getting pregnant and with how horrible my life had been up until that point... she has been my whole world and I thank what ever greater being there is out there for her every day because she has made me realize what the important things in life are. I GLAD I haven't been able to party and act like a complete fool. I was never good at that kind of thing in school anyway! I was always made fun of for being nerdy and what not... so it isn't like I have missed out on having a partying social life... I wouldn't have had one anyway!

I graduated from high school right on time with the rest of my class and have done online courses off and on to work towards my degree.

She is now a happy, healthy, smart, loving and amazing 5 year old and I seriously wouldn't ever take back having her. She means everything to me! I am now married to a GREAT man who loves us both very much and have 2 more children that are just as much of a blessing as my 5 year old!

This most certainly wasn't my life plan, my plan was to not have children until I had finished college and was settled into my psychology career. I think everything happens for a reason tho... My grandmother died of lung cancer when my daughter was 4 months old and she said that god made my daughter happen so that she could meet her before she passed. crying

Soooo... My whole point. I would not tell anyone to have a baby while in high school it is more ideal to wait until you are settled into a financially stable life with a partner. Life doesn't always unfold the way you think it will and sometimes things happen. Don't judge people when you don't know the whole story and don't assume "I won't ever be dumb enough to get knocked up" because... I said that! I wasn't on birth control AND using condoms for no reason, ya know...

As for the they are more likely to have something wrong with them comment... where did you hear that? Women over 35 are most likely to have children with birth defects. A healthy teen not abusing substances is perfectly capable of having a healthy child. Of course if you have a cracked out girl who doesn't eat healthy you are going to have a messed up baby... rolleyes That is why teens are high risk, it is because more teens don't take care of themselves than adults. Don't group EVERY teen mother into that group tho! They aren't all complete morons who drink, smoke and do drugs while pregnant. I wasn't one of them.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:15 pm
I belive that teenage girls that are pregnant have a early start at woman-hood and struggle with issues though school and friends. I'd suggest why is it sooo cool to be pregnant and lose your virginity? girls like that are plain brain-less. DUH!  

xXxCrystalxXxClearxXx

Midnight Phase

6,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:19 pm
I personally don't agree with teenagers having sex at all, but we all know that's not going to stop anyone. If teenagers are going to have sex they should definitely be using all kinds of protection.

A lot of teenage parents seem to drop out of school, have a harder time financially, never seem to end up with the father/mother of their child ... and a lot more other problems. That's not always the case, but unfortunately, it usually is the case.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:25 pm
User ImageDogs Are Angels...

personally i think its stupid. people need to back up & say "no i need to wait til im an adult or at least married" another high school not far from my high school already has about 30 girls pregnant there..
a teenage's body is not fully developed & that makes it harder for her to carry a baby, i say wait & dont have sex. If my child ever got pregnant as a teen & she wasnt raped.. i'd be devastated..

besides if there was somehow to put a stop to it I think it would really help over-population

...With FUR!!!User Image
User Image  

Cheetahs Wolf

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:48 pm
GabrielleClearwater
I don't think they should get an abortion, though. I guess I would understand the abortion thing if they were raped, but otherwise, no.

I completely respect your opinion.
Personally if I got pregnant and I wasn't raped I would still get an abortion. Not just because I wouldn't be ready to raise a baby but imagine how hard it would be to give up your first born. After nine months I imagine myself getting emotionally attached and I wouldn't be able to give away the baby.

If you think about it perhaps that's why teenage mothers keep their babies. Perhaps some of them planned on putting them up for adoption but just didn't have the heart to give away their own flesh and blood. I really wouldn't know, though. I don't know how teenage mothers think.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:49 pm
Rei Uchikino
GabrielleClearwater

I completely respect your opinion.
Personally if I got pregnant and I wasn't raped I would still get an abortion. Not just because I wouldn't be ready to raise a baby but imagine how hard it would be to give up your first born. After nine months I imagine myself getting emotionally attached and I wouldn't be able to give away the baby.

If you think about it perhaps that's why teenage mothers keep their babies. Perhaps some of them planned on putting them up for adoption but just didn't have the heart to give away their own flesh and blood. I really wouldn't know, though. I don't know how teenage mothers think.

Giving your child up for adoption is extremely difficult on the mother. It really makes me wonder why the argument is to "just" choose adoption.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Rayne Skyver

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:23 pm
I feel its the teens choice what they do. If they have sex and get pregnant thats their deal.
Like KoniRHCP said, even preventive measures don't work sometimes. One of my teachers had an unplanned third child because birth control and a condom didn't work. It happens.
I have a friend who used a condom and ended up getting pregnant. So even if teenagers are having sex and using protection it can still happen.
I don't think teen mothers/fathers should be judged because of that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:10 pm
Cheetahs Wolf
User ImageDogs Are Angels...

a teenage's body is not fully developed & that makes it harder for her to carry a baby

...With FUR!!!User Image
User Image

but on the flipside, a teenagers... er... more "private" areas are still making new cells more frequently then, say, a 30 year old woman's. Therefore, it heals much faster.

My opinion is... mistakes happen. I'm waiting till I'm married, and in all honesty, some things happen just because they happen. Some things would like to be avoided, while other are inevitable. Honestly, to me, it's all about the teenage parent's decision.  

Azusanga

Lieutenant Shotgun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:10 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I have no sympathy for preggers teenagers. Ever seen "secret life of the American teenager?" The chick that had a baby is whining about how her life is over all the time. God damnit, you screwed the guy yourself, you weren't raped.

Teen pregnancy is never okay. If you don't have money for condoms or birth control, DON'T HAVE SEX. Simple.

Then again, there's an even more powerful birth control than birth control itself. BABYSIT FOR NINE HOURS LIKE I DID. I ain't having kids. Waaay too much responsibility.

People just need to learn how to close their legs > - >;

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces