Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
I just do not understand Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crystalwolf78

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:32 pm
I was having a convo with someone I just met in a rally my son was bugging me and I told him i had to brb my kid wanted me when I got back he freaked out and asked me my age I told him which is now 30 since May 10 in spring and he freaked and left sad y this site is for any age that likes anime and other fun stuff. What is up with that?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:44 pm
Most of these brats think they own the Internet and no one over age 20 should be allowed anywhere on it. There's also the opinion held that the older crowd is too stupid to figure out how to even use a computer, let alone figure out how to find this site. stare

The admins who started this site are mostly in there 30's, so go figure. *Sticks Kleenex up the snot-nosed faces of obnoxious brats* That should help the dripping some.

Not all the kids on this site act this way, but we tend to forget the nice ones as the rotten ones stand out more, they're just so rotten.  

Gilda Geezer
Crew

Devout Worshipper

oOo_Nightowl_oOo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:06 pm
I've received my fair share of negative responses to my age. Most of which are accusations of my being a child molester. eek

They don't seem to grasp the fact that if I were some kind of perv I wouldn't honest about my age.

It's gotten bad enough that I don't even chat with anyone on here anymore except my wife and my step-daughter, who are both also Gaiaddicts.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:17 pm
oOo_Nightowl_oOo
I've received my fair share of negative responses to my age. Most of which are accusations of my being a child molester. eek

They don't seem to grasp the fact that if I were some kind of perv I wouldn't honest about my age.

It's gotten bad enough that I don't even chat with anyone on here anymore except my wife and my step-daughter, who are both also Gaiaddicts.
exaclty i mean if i was a perv i would lie and say i was 16 or something  

Crystalwolf78

QuestionableMeatProducts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:26 pm
Gilda explained it best, really. They just don't understand that they're not the only ones swimming around on Gaia.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:26 pm
*giggles* just as well he wasn't talking to someone really old. You could probably add his age to yours and still be younger than me (45!) and I'm only an Elder-In-Training!

It's a bit of a pain, especially if you've been enjoying the chat, but some kids just can't handle getting their bubble burst. Don't you know you should be doing "adult stuff" and "real life"? Poor soul probably still believes in Santa!  

Catira Norr

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:06 am
There's no Santa? eek  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:24 am
Well, ever since he ran off with the Tooth Fairy, Mrs Claus has been looking after the reindeer and she's suing for custody. The Easter Bunny is trying to talk her into giving visitation rights, so if he gets a supervised visit on 24th, we might still get Santa this year, but Jack Frost may have to come along to chaperone, and he's still checking his schedule to see if he can fit that in.... it's a complicated world we live in, no wonder the young'uns can't keep up and decide it's easier not to believe!!  

Catira Norr

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:06 am
My kids got me hooked on Gaia ... redface  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:44 am
My step-daughter got my wife and I hooked and now we're on here more than she is. razz  

oOo_Nightowl_oOo

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:46 pm
I try not to give out my age so as not to scare away people that I'm trying to talk to, but sometimes typing out full words and sentences gives it away cry  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:19 pm
ThisEmptySoul
I try not to give out my age so as not to scare away people that I'm trying to talk to, but sometimes typing out full words and sentences gives it away cry

It's a sad, sad day when being literate marks you as being different! Ah well, I'll take different over illiterate anyday! wink  

Kyreie

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:42 pm
Kyreie
ThisEmptySoul

It's a sad, sad day when being literate marks you as being different! Ah well, I'll take different over illiterate anyday! wink
same here. There's no way I'm sinking down to txt tlk to "fit in" with those kids sweatdrop If they're going to type like that when I'm trying to hold a conversation, then sometimes I actually prefer that they go away sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:29 am
I used to hide my age on general principles.

On the one hand, I used to feel awkward talking around my elders as a kid. I always felt like they were going to criticize me.

It's weird that, now I'm an elder, all the damn kids do is criticize me.  

Harbone
Crew

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:59 am
Proper grammar does give one out... But it is also a good thing.

Kids thinking they own the Internet and are only who understand it is good note... Very true one. I've seen many surprised when I tell that some of their "new" and fancy web thing is actually been around for years. Like irc., Internet Relay Chat put to use first time at 1988. biggrin  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff