Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Drugs Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

*Please Read the question* How many of you had tried drugs.
tried once,because of cusiosity
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
tried once,because I was forced to (pier preassure)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
tried once because I wanted to commit suicide
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I do because my friends do it, and I don't want to be left out
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I do because I'm addicted and I can't stop
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I do because I like it and I don't want to stop
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
I do and I wish I could stop
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
I am reciveing professional help
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I have not done drugs and I never will
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
I don't use drugs but I have friends the do
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 30

Xio_Marie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:12 pm
***note*** this is a very delicated post, and no flameing is allowed,this is for mature readers only*** Comments such as "ewwww" or ignorant non-intelectual comments will be deleted.

you have always heard that drugs are bad.but why, because they are ilegal, expensive,ruin yout health or are a bad influence.

Alchocol and cigarrets are not considerd iligal and they are the mainly causes for people to expreriment using more powerful quemicals.

they should be banned too.

The reason of this post is to tell stories about friends or situations, it's not allowed either to tell personal stories and can harm you in the future, if you might wish to say something personal,say it that it happend to someone else. Remember no flameing is allowed, we are all equal.

the purpose is to inform us Gians about the truth and help us each other as a community

this poll is very important. It's interesting how many people has encounted with this situation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:49 am
If I were to agree that alcohol and cigarettes should be made illegal, then I would also have to say that dating should become illegal or that dating those who do drugs should be made illegal. I have known more than one person who has been polluted due to their boyfriend's or girlfriend's use of drugs. These were people who said that they would never ever consider using drugs, smoking, or drinking alcohol. It is amazing how others that we love and who we think love us can influence our lives in such negative ways.  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

Xio_Marie

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:56 am
exactly, I neved smoked, I'm asmathic, I shouldn't.

but my ex didn't cared, he smoked in front of me, and influenced me into that vice.

I wonder who is quilty, him or me?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:06 am
I've never done drugs or smoked a cigarette nor will I ever. I do drink occasionally but it's usually just a glass of wine in the evening. It would be nice for cigarettes to become illegal but it won't ever happen. My mom smokes and it really bothers me because being anywhere near it, even yards away from her, I can still smell it and it makes me cough. One of my older sisters smoke as well. My step-dad quit years ago and my other older sister quit when she became pregnant with my nephew (who is now a year old). I don't really think I would be able to date someone who smoked because I'm so unable to be anywhere near someone when they are smoking. I also wouldn't date anyone who drinks a lot. I see no reason for people to get drunk. It just makes you act stupid or act like an a**. However, the occasional drink I don't have a problem with.  

PimpCentric

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:45 pm
surprised My, my! Such a serious poll and thread!

I have never done drugs or smoked any cigarettes and after studying Biology all my life, I definitely never will! I do drink but on rare occasions such as New Year's Eve. I had alot of relatives die in the past from cirrhosis of the liver due to a life time of alcoholism, and so I've some very tough examples of why I shouldn't follow in their footsteps. As for drugs, I also have relatives who are junkies and from seeing them everyday, I know it isn't a very pretty life to live. Marriages and relationships have been broken and children have been orphaned from drug and alcohol abuse in my family and so I've vowed never to try any of them! mad

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:25 pm
never had don't want anything to do with it  

angel_baby_gurl1994

NovelistaBug

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:07 pm
For me... I don't smoke, I think it's terrible. I hate the way it smells, the way it suffocates me, the way it makes me feel weak... and that's not even me smoking it. That's just secondhand. I can only imagine it would get worse.

Other drugs... I don't even know how to get them, and if I did, I wouldn't do them. Too many terrible things can happen.

Alcohol... it destroys me... I hate what it's done to my family, with my alcoholic grandmother and all that jazz, and I'd hate to see that happen to me. Besides, it's still illegal for me, and I'd rather not get hauled off.

As for making any of these 100% illegal... gosh, I want it to be that way. Moreover, I want them to just flat out NOT EXIST. But I realize that if they were to be made illegal, then people would only want them more, so it's a very tough call.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:14 am
I've never tried drugs.

Unless you count caffeine.

But seriously, alcohol is fine as long as it's consumed in moderation.

Cigarettes, ugh, don't come near me with those things. It chokes me. x_x

In my opinion, drugs are obviously bad if you're gonna abuse them. But you should never EVER do it anyways because there are some job positions that require you to have never done anything of the sort. Ever.  

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

Nemsy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:03 am
Ah. Well you know the more you hide things the more they become of being curious. With that they will try to do drugs even more.

Legalizing drugs wouldn't be a bad idea.

With that, you are on your own risk. All the preventions, and warnings you will be taken it upon yourself.

As for alcohol. I really don't get why people drink, it is really really disturbing. I've seen peeps puke out blood - - so what are the benefits from drinking alcohol?

Eh, people do as they wish with their lives. If they do come to their senses they will stop. Most don't. Whatever.

And people who blame like their parents for their drinking or addictions are completely not cool. They are just looking for a easy reason to explain why they chosen the same faith. Hmph. 'nuff said.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:49 am
I smoke. My husband used to. He now has a life threatening disease because of smoking. My mother died from lung cancer. Do you think that this would make me quit, NO. I really wish I could. I want to live long enough to see my daughter do everything she wants to do.  

schnauzers4Robin

7,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200

chris dave

Benevolent Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:29 am
dont smoke or drink,dont use drugs.

i know someone who had a serious operation because he smoked though and now he cant speak and has to use sign language.hes a family friend.....  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:34 am
Eeeeep. That stinks. I feel kind of bad for him. But then... I sort of don't because I'm cold like that and I'm thinking "Well, SOMEBODY must'a told you that smoking was bad, and you didn't listen..." But that still stinks.  

NovelistaBug

regret-12

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:19 pm
I Have Had to family members die of somking my moms lungs are pretty much shot my dad managed to quit before I was born my Sister and brother smoke. I have been smoking for three years when I try to quit I get withdraw simtimups and give up. I have known some peole who did drugs and almost died from it. I can't tell weather it is wrong or right personally I think it depends on what the person wants for there life.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:19 pm
after reading all of your responses...im actually glad that the majority of you dont smoke or drink or use drugs.......its the best way to be.....i cant say that for myself though....i believe it depends on the individual....but theres such a small percentage of people who do any of that stuff that arent negatively affected by it....im also glad im part of that percentage.....im not addicted to cigs....im not an alcoholic......i know why ive drank and gotten drunk.....like i said....it depends on many things.......but i do hope that alcohol and cigs die out one day.....(not the same as being made illegal...they should just disappear)....i feel bad that there are those who are negatively affected by these things.......im not some kind of hypocrite by doing these things.....i just dont reflect the negative effects that the majority of people do......but its not like i have the magical power to erase everyones addiction or troubles.......all i have is empathy for those who have been badly affected by it.....  

Lineriku

ninjatrevis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:12 pm
I smoke daily {marijuana & cigarettes}.
Although I do not consider marijuana a drug, as I would alcohol,
It bugs me when people compare hardcore drugs to marijuana.
marijuana is NOT physically addictive. As where ive had friends who ive seen go into major withdraw from hard stuff like heroin. and yes I did say I smoke daily, but i am not addicted in anyway. ive gone months without it and can not smoke when ever I like. But I do enjoy it.  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games