Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
The Dark Knight Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Dark Knight
  is a good movie
  is a bad movie
  needs a sequel
  deserves a sequel
  gives me free gold
View Results

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:18 pm
So, is it just me, or has there been a lack of Dark Knight themed threads here? I can't seem to recall us ever having one...

Anyway, what are your thoughts on The Dark Knight? I think it's one of the best films of the year (beat out only by Wall-E), and possibly the best film of the decade. The only thing separating this movie from other crime dramas is that the protagonist wears a bat costume.

Also, what are your thoughts on a possible sequel? Nolan has denied many rumours about the third movie, and it looks as though Nolan has no intention at the moment to make a third one, but if he did, what do you think it should look like? Do you think a sequel should be made at all?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:31 pm
I think it definitely is one of the best movies this year... Wall-e is for sure one as well... I think it really showed not only the critics but anyone who doubted comics as serious literature wrong. Personally I think it is doing The Watchmen a favor by making people believe masked vigilantes can be not only a form of serious literature but also cinema.

As for a sequel... yes as long as Nolan is directing it... and as long as the Riddler is not the villain... I think personally the new villain should be Black Mask... and well of course Two Face because I don't believe he is dead (or maybe I just don't want too...)  

Misfit_the

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:07 pm
Misfit_the
I think it definitely is one of the best movies this year... Wall-e is for sure one as well... I think it really showed not only the critics but anyone who doubted comics as serious literature wrong. Personally I think it is doing The Watchmen a favor by making people believe masked vigilantes can be not only a form of serious literature but also cinema.

As for a sequel... yes as long as Nolan is directing it... and as long as the Riddler is not the villain... I think personally the new villain should be Black Mask... and well of course Two Face because I don't believe he is dead (or maybe I just don't want too...)

Yes, this is definitely a big help to Watchmen. It will broaden it's audience from the geeky fanbase to hopefully a larger, more diverse audience.

Well, I've read that Two-Face is dead. Eckhart has stated in an interview that Nolan told him that his character is dead. And, because Nolan's Batman is cemented in realism, I don't think he'll be coming back. Sorry to burst your bubble. sweatdrop

I wouldn't mind The Riddler as a villain. I mean, this is a character who could carry an entire movie, but it'd be hard to not draw comparisons between him and The Joker. I've heard people suggest that the sequel (if it is made) should not focus on one villain, but rather, have a pantheon of villains. This wouldn't be done in Spiderman 3 style, where all the villains were major villains, but instead would be done in such a way that we only see a glimpse of these infamous villains rising as a result of The Joker's chaos. Focus more on the chaos, more on Gotham, than on the villains.

I also wouldn't mind seeing an adaptation of Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" as the sequel. It would fit nicely into the plot, except they'd have to get rid of those lame Superman interludes. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:43 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Misfit_the

Yes, this is definitely a big help to Watchmen. It will broaden it's audience from the geeky fanbase to hopefully a larger, more diverse audience.

Well, I've read that Two-Face is dead. Eckhart has stated in an interview that Nolan told him that his character is dead. And, because Nolan's Batman is cemented in realism, I don't think he'll be coming back. Sorry to burst your bubble. sweatdrop

I wouldn't mind The Riddler as a villain. I mean, this is a character who could carry an entire movie, but it'd be hard to not draw comparisons between him and The Joker. I've heard people suggest that the sequel (if it is made) should not focus on one villain, but rather, have a pantheon of villains. This wouldn't be done in Spiderman 3 style, where all the villains were major villains, but instead would be done in such a way that we only see a glimpse of these infamous villains rising as a result of The Joker's chaos. Focus more on the chaos, more on Gotham, than on the villains.

I also wouldn't mind seeing an adaptation of Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" as the sequel. It would fit nicely into the plot, except they'd have to get rid of those lame Superman interludes. stare

Ha ha ha ha I do believe I have stated that before... Frank Miller solved the problem with Robin... he just needed a sex change and then blam you got yourself a respectable character. You would also have to cut out the savagely brutal Joker part... ah killing children with free cotton candy... amazing lol... I dunno... the Riddler is a lesser ripoff of the Joker... I don't think he would work as a main villain. A barrage of baddies would be quite insane... if Ledger was still around it could be even better because we could have a Harley Quinn. Instead I think that they should incorporate the Mad Hatter along with Black Mask... hell throw the Riddler in there... just stay away from Clayface... and on the side of goo,d Barbra Gordon made an appearance in Dark Knight so I figure Batgirl will come out... and it would be dope if the mysteriously split Azrael was in. So character wise there is potential for a sequel.  

Misfit_the

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:40 pm
Nah, there's not gonna be a Batgirl. At least, I don't think so. Barbara Gordon is Commissioner Gordon's wife in the movie. I believe that in the comics, Barbara is Gordon's daughter. So right there, Nolan messed up any inclusion of Batgirl.

Also, I don't think Nolan is going to have a Robin. I recall reading somewhere that he probably won't (though, I think that was merely fan speculation).

I think the Mad Hatter would be a good villain for the movie; I've also heard that Hush would be a good one as well, though I'm not as familiar with him, and also, I've heard he's a long shot. I read a blog on a list of potential villains for the sequel, I just wish I bookmarked it. It went through most of the Rogue's Gallery and reviewed their odds... maybe I can find it again... All I remember is that villains like Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Penguin, King Tut, and Catwoman are longshots because it's difficult to find real-world explanations as to why they are like they are. I mean, it took a whole movie to explain why Batman wore a costume; just think of how long it would take to explain Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy in such a way that their origins seemed even remotely plausible.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:34 pm
i thought the dark knight was really really well done! heath ledger was so amazing as the joker, and he really made that movie worth while  

x--stevee--x

DaredeviI

Browser

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:15 pm
I have yet to see the Dark Knight... really looking forward to it since I hear so many good reviews.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:04 pm
I've seen the movie. It was long. IT was Good, but can't say it was the best.  

Sokiee

OG Gaian

jnewsom3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:25 pm
i loved the dark knight! Joker was my favorite character in the whole movie! My favorite scene was the magic trick or the main fight scene! This was the top box office hit of 2008  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:35 pm
I loved the Dark Knight not only because like most people the Joker or Twoface though they were very entertaning I'd have to admit and they depicted the charecter extremely well, in my opinion but because of all the inner little deep meaning in the movie. I really enjoy that. A movie with an overall soul in it's production. I guess I'm just saying this since I'm one of the people who would buy every issue and absorb the story. Haha yeah, that sounds about right but I really did enjoy the movie for that reason. The psychological triggers it has is amazing as the comic did. If they make another like many I hope it will be directed by Nolan. He really did capture the Caped Crusaders soul, in a manner of speaking.  

Darko Daze

DiscoBuck

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:05 am
The movie was long but it worked out. Heath was NOT as good as everyone says. Echard was great as Two-Face. Good dir/ed. Bale as Batman is not great, Bale as Wayne is good.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:17 am
it was alright just too long it made me wants and hr back but it was alright  

xTx Monty xTx

Post Coital Cookie
Captain

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:35 am
Bale as Batman didn't thrill me much at all, but I loved that movie for the bad guys. Joker and Two-Face kicked major a**. Sequel, maybe, but I probably wouldn't want to see it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:40 pm
Saw it five times in theaters, and once I bought it I watched it at least five more times THAT DAY.

Joker was amazing, as was Two-Face. And I've always been a Christian Bale fan. 4laugh

Definitely going to be a sequel.. I think Shia Labeouf has been cast as Robin already. rofl rofl  

Fleet Fox

4,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Ryuzokin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:07 pm
it was a good movie, i still kinda preferred the original joker  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff