Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Things I wish I could say to some of my professor... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wish you could talk smack to your teachers/Professors
  YUP
  NO
  maybe
  Gold
View Results

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:26 pm
Like sometimes I really wish I didn't care what people thought of me and I really wish that you know your first appearance didn't mean much to people around you. That being said these are the top things I wish I could have said to some of my professors last year...

1. CAN YOU GOOGLE? (Like seriously this is 2008 going on 2009 stop asking stupid tech questions you cave person!)

2. Shut your face! (ever had that know it all professor who really was clueless. Yeah enough said)

3. Can I just teach this class cause your really suck at it. (don't ask)

So yeah this term I just would have liked to just end the classes earlier on the first day I mean all this personal story mambo jumbo just is annoying after a while. UGH give me my degree.

Umm discuss or rant as needed....  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:44 pm
You misspelled discuss.

I really couldn't have said anything to my professor seeing as how I like living where I live. I was home-schooled most of my life and I couldn't afford college.  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

katie243

8,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:19 am
haha my professor was like a junior high teacher. seriously we played with playdough and decorated our name cards for a grade. how effed up was that?

wat i'd really like to ask or say to him is : what happened? LOL  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:13 am
@Katie - I had a teacher my soph year of high school do make us do the name card things! She made us wear decorated name tags, and one day made us wear "Party Hats" (The little cone hat things...) I felt like such an idiot... Kids looked in the windows and laughed at us...
I would have just smacked her... Oh how I wanted to...

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:11 am
Man, I've had some truly messed up professors. Like the one who had such bad hearing that he couldn't tell the sound on the video he was trying to show us wasn't working, and wouldn't believe me when I kept telling him it wasn't working. Yeah, that was fun. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:43 pm
ninja My professors are... generally decent. Though my general chem. professor is actually making me dislike chemistry.

Which sucks, since I'm not fond of physics. And I can only stand most other sciences.  

pathetic_negi_magician

NovelistaBug

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:41 pm
No one knows what it's like to be hated
To be fated to telling only lies...

I wish I knew why my Honors English 9 teacher taught the class he did. He should have been a P.E. Teacher...

"Sports Sports Sorts, books are gay." <--That was the motto we gave him. And he was the HONORS English teacher. >.>

But my dreams, they aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:30 pm
For the Rose is a Beautiful Flower
If I was going to school it's a safe bet I would have at least one frustrating teacher.
A Beautiful Flower with Thorns

SerpentRose

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:47 pm
Nope. I don't wish I could talk back to people. I already do. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:22 pm
Oh wow I pity myself so much right now for reading what kind of people hate teachers who are just trying to make it out alive!

>>!

Nemsy

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:52 am
Sergeant JJ
You misspelled discuss.

I really couldn't have said anything to my professor seeing as how I like living where I live. I was home-schooled most of my life and I couldn't afford college.

I think you were pretty lucky. Don't get me wrong college is fun and all but my word some of these "educators" can me pretty stupid.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:53 am
Nems`
Oh wow I pity myself so much right now for reading what kind of people hate teachers who are just trying to make it out alive!

>>!

LOL. Well if it makes you fell better I am planning to be a pre-school teacher and hopefully not a dumb one. talk2hand

Yeah I'm starting to think getting a degree makes you dumber cause your use up most of your braincells on things that are related to the actual degree. UGH gonk  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:56 am
A Song Is Born
@Katie - I had a teacher my soph year of high school do make us do the name card things! She made us wear decorated name tags, and one day made us wear "Party Hats" (The little cone hat things...) I felt like such an idiot... Kids looked in the windows and laughed at us...
I would have just smacked her... Oh how I wanted to...

That's like half of my Child Development teachers but I don't mind when we have to do stuff like that since 1) we have our own building and 2) Its not like a daily thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:57 am
daft alchemist
Man, I've had some truly messed up professors. Like the one who had such bad hearing that he couldn't tell the sound on the video he was trying to show us wasn't working, and wouldn't believe me when I kept telling him it wasn't working. Yeah, that was fun. rolleyes

yeah my english teacher was like that she kept misspelling youtube and then wondering why the site wasn't working right. She also couldn't work a DVD/VHS combo hell she couldn't work a WORD doc either....

Yeah JR college rock!  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:05 am
Join in on the 20k's Poll Making Contest!

Sometimes, I wish I could return their sarcasm and diss them right back. evil I would love to say many of the things that I hold back out of respect for them! I had an evil British Biochem lecturer who was the uni's only plant biochemist. He's such an a** that the other lecturers are afraid to have any dealings with him whatsoever, and the students usually try to find ways around him so they won't have to bear his cruelty. He loves embarrassing people! Arrrggghhhh!!! mad I remember that we used to have his class on the other side of campus in the Engineering block, although the rest of our classes were in the Life Sciences building on the other side of campus. We had 10 mins between classes to allow us to get to each on time, but we couldn't help but arrive like 5-10mins late for his class. He'd stop us at the door and embarrass us in front of the 200+ people in the class! PLUS, he'd arrive like 5 mins before the actual start of class and begin teaching! Whenever we saw that we couldn't make it to the class before he did, we'd just not go to his class. Better to avoid the misery than arrive late!Some people would rather have run out of their previous classes earlier just to get to his class before he did, sacrificing hearing the last important tidbits of the first class. mad

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games