Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:05 am
Yes, everyone. Spike and the gang are coming to the big screen. In live action too. Normally I would be psyched about it. But the person they have for the lead role smothers any real desire to see this film.

No! Why did they give the role to him?!
For those of you who want to know...read on.
Of all the people in the world, why Keanu Reeves? He can't do anything but deadpan straight. And Spike is anything but. Reeves was perfect for the Matrix. But this? No way in frigging hell can he pull this off.
But, God, I hope the trailers prove me wrong.

Please discuss.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:26 am
I heard about that. Most say Keanu reeves cant act. Well we wont know how he'll be until we see a trailer of him playing Spike.

Katai Rei Kun

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:56 am
But, he does deadpan so well. Someone I know said that he has a problem of acting with emotion. I just can't see him pulling off this role decently.
*sigh* I don't know who I would have gone with. But it certainly wouldn't have been Reeves.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:11 pm
He looks the role, and he can pull off the "calm, casual" air that Spike often has. He's also proven himself as a capable martial-artist in the Matrix series. I think Reeves is a fantastic choice for the role. It's not as though Spike Spiegel is a challenging role that requires Daniel Day Lewis to jump into action.  

GilAskan

Ryuzokin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:19 pm
i just hope its as good as the series is  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:15 pm
Hopefully since they have onboard some of the original project members (Shinichiro Watanabe, Keiko Nobumoto and Masahiko Minami) they won't ruin it. Also Keanu Reeves is one of the better choices considering some of the Hollywood actors, I can't imagine Orlando Bloom being able to pull it off.

I'm hoping the fight scenes will be good but can he pull off fight sequences. Guess it's just a wait and see.  

Gwenii

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:06 am
Keanu Reeves will always be Ted to me.

"Be excellent to each other."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:47 pm
Quixotic Faye
Keanu Reeves will always be Ted to me.

"Be excellent to each other."

LoL @ Bill & Ted

Katai Rei Kun

Seras_Victoria12485

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm
I do not know why the would ruin a good anime series to make it a live-action movie...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:12 am
Keanu Reeves is a better actor than most people give him credit for. He was great in "A Scanner Darkly".  

Travis III

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:53 am
I think his biggest problem will be pulling off that roguish manner that Spike has. You know, he's kicking your a** three ways to Sunday and never loses that half smile of his.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:39 pm
I didn't know there was going to be a live action Cowboy Bebop...oh dear bob please tell me it isn't going to be ruined like DBZ gonk  

Speedira

Quicksylver

Salty Saint

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:49 am
Mika Relie
I think his biggest problem will be pulling off that roguish manner that Spike has. You know, he's kicking your a** three ways to Sunday and never loses that half smile of his.

Right.

It's too bad they couldn't have another actor saying the lines and doing the movement. They could rotoscope Keanu over that.
And I hope they don't put him in sunglasses. The Matrix sunglasses looked so ghey.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:49 am
I am super-psyched about this movie. biggrin I think Keanu is a perfect fit for the role.  

evan_McB

killerpuchuu12

2,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:10 pm
Speedira
I didn't know there was going to be a live action Cowboy Bebop...oh dear bob please tell me it isn't going to be ruined like DBZ gonk

It's possible that, like DBZ, they WILL ruin it. Certain anime series just can't be put into live action while some can (thinking about the Death Note Live Action here)  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff