Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Belly Button's and Lint Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you get lint in your belly button? (question for innies)
  Yes, and I'm a girl
  Yes, and I'm a guy
  No, and I'm a girl
  No, and I'm a guy
  I'm and outtie poll whorer
View Results

mysticalfairymagic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:23 pm
Okay, so on this other site, we got into this discustion about lint in belly buttons, and the guy was saying he was an innie and normally had lots of lint, and I'm an innie and well and was like "wtf? never heard of having lint in a belly button"

so... I came up with the hypothesis that girls don't get lint in their belly buttons like guys. I have a hypothesis for the reasoning, but I can more easily test wheither it's more common for guys to have lint than it is for girls.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:24 pm
I'm a girl, and I sometimes get lint or whatever in there. It happens very rarely for me, but it does happen. sweatdrop  

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

mysticalfairymagic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:26 pm
Hmmm... I don't believe I've ever really gotten lint. but the way these guys were talking, it happed quite a bit, and to be honest, I've never really heard of this before.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:43 pm
It could be that girls clothes are made differently than guys clothes are made. Guys don't care what they wear just as long as it looks good and it allows them to go out in public. Girls want what they wear to feel good, look good, and allow them to go out in public.  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:46 pm
I never have any, however my boyfriend always does... I always just thought his tummy hair trapped it, where as my tummy which does not have the hair-ness it just falls out sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:05 pm
hmmm.... I don't know... someone had made the comment that most of the lint comes from the towel. I wonder if it has anything to do with habits of girls and guys, 'cause in general, I wear what's comfertable too  

mysticalfairymagic

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:05 pm
Join in on the 20k's Poll Making Contest!

When I was younger, I used to have lint all the time. but now I wash inside my innie whenever I shower, so I haven't gotten lint in a looooooonnnnggg time. xd Maybe guys aren't meticulous as girls to wash behind their ears and in their belly buttons?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:09 pm
It's quite possible. My hypothesis as to why girls wouldn't have lint is because they are cleanilier.  

mysticalfairymagic

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:13 pm
My boyfriends lint is always the same material as his shirt. We have white towels, and its never white. Its usually the same as his shirt/jacket and such. (dark blues, reds,or black) never whites.
He scrubs out his bellybutton well every time he showers (He is a germaphobe) an showers at least twice a day.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:17 pm
haha, interesting. The guys on the other site talked about how it's normally the color of your towel, but then again, if the towels are white, it might be over powered by the darker colors. then, of course, there's the bathing habits.  

mysticalfairymagic

massacre mandi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:45 pm
xp i used to get belly botton lint, it was usualy the color of my towel. but i havent in a long time. [/size
]  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:54 pm
bump  

shaymin1992

Dreams of Nowhere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:00 pm
i never heard of lint in ur belly button!!! but i'am a girl n i dont think i have gotten lint in ma belly button!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:08 pm
No one knows what it's like to be hated
To be fated to telling only lies...

So yeah, I've heard of getting lint in your belly button, but I haven't gotten any in as long as I can remember. I guess I just don't wear materials fuzzy or disintegrate-ive enough to do so... IDK...

But my dreams, they aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be...

NovelistaBug

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:05 pm
I collect belly button lint. =] No. XD

I get it. I usually just clear it out randomly sometimes. Not much use for it. XD

But yeah, it might be caused by the clothes you wear. I'm not sure.  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games