Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:41 pm
User Image

User Image

Little Zakken and Jiirou had managed to give their parents and the babysitter the slip. The two little kits had waited until everyone's backs had been turned, then had scampered off as quick as they were able into the forest. Now, however, they seemed hopelessly lost. Zakken, the more brave one of the two, was scouting ahead, looking for something for the two of them to eat, while Jiirou, the more friendly and emotional one of the two, looked about ready to cry as his brother wandered farther and farther away from him.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:12 pm
Kiyo Cainbridge
User Image

Even though you’re near me
I need you far away
To be an ocean
To build another way

• ------ • ------ • ------ • ------ •

Kiyo shivered softly in a pile of lush green grass. The small kit had spent the night alone in the forest. It had been his first time being out alone, and yet Kiyo would do anything to get back into the comfort of a mother's loving embrace he understood that would never happen for him. There was one kit before that had cared for him up until recently, but for whatever reason he had been left to fend for himself now. Tired and hungry Kiyo could only wish that the sun would come out of the cloud to help keep him warm.

A small sneeze echoed close to where the two kits Zakken and Jiirou had headed too. With a sigh Kiyo stood shaking his colored fur, well it wasn't like he could stay there forever right. Right now he needed to focus on finding some food. Taking on a brave stance he calmed his shivers and walked forward. Another step however proved to only make his day worse. A stray rock protruded out of the ground, it's jagged edge catching upon Kiyo's soft padded foot. Letting out a loud yelp Kiyo jumped slightly lifting his right front paw as he moved to softer ground. Small drops of blood formed on the fresh cut. Sitting on his hindlegs Kiyo sniffled slightly his eyes watering from the pulsing pain. "Why me..." Kiyo whined outloud not at all happy with the day he had been having so far.

I need some distance
To find another road
It’s not so easy
Sorrow, such a heavy load

Taska Neko

Fashionable Phantom

11,325 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Megathread 100

SpaceDadDisapproves
Captain

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:20 pm
Zakken stiffens and flattens himself to the ground at the noises nearby. Tail bristling with excitement, he slowly stalks over to where the other kit is. He, of course, didn't know it was another kit, he thought it was some unlucky creature that had injured itself. He smelt the blood in the air, looking around with mis-matched eyes before he saw the droplets on the ground. Smirking to himself, he continued to stalk the other, leaping out of the grass at what he assumed was prey when he had gotten close enough, only to have to make a failed abortion at the attempt once he noticed that it was indeed another kit. He lands in a rather ungraceful heap facefirst on the ground just behind Kiyo.

Jiirou, having not heard any of this since he had been left behind, began mewling pitifully, feeling even more lost and alone now that he could no longer even smell his brother's comforting scent on the breeze.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:21 pm
Kiyo Cainbridge
User Image

I need you far away
To be an ocean
To build another way

The universe was out to get him surely. If it wasn't one thing it was another. This time only happened to be the strangest thing to happen so far. A flying Kit heading straight for him. Kiyo's body tensed and he instinctively fell low to the ground. Closing his eyes Kiyo braced himself for impact, though he was surprised when no pain actually ensued. Opening his own mismatched eyes Kiyo looked around to see what had happened to the flying kit that had just been soaring towards him. Seeing him laying face first in the dirt however brought worry to the young kitsu's face. "Are you alright?" Kiyo questioned stepping forward to go check the other out only to wince in pain pulling his paw up. He had forgotten his earlier encounter with the rock only to be painful reminded again. Limping over this time Kiyo pressed his nose against the others face nudging him usually he probably would have pawed the other, but considering his injury he thought he had enough pain for the day already.

I need some distance
To find another road
It’s not so easy

Taska Neko

Fashionable Phantom

11,325 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Megathread 100

SpaceDadDisapproves
Captain

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:11 pm
Zakken blinks and slowly sits up at the insistent nudging on his face. He blinks, shaking his head for a moment to clear his vision before finding himself nearly nose to nose with Kiyo. He sniffs the air again, smelling that blood smell much stronger in this other's presence. Looking down, he notices Kiyo's bleeding paw. "Ya got yeself hurt?" He asks, slowly crouching down until he was almost at the level of the injured paw. "Can fix that, if ya want?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:43 pm
Kiyo Cainbridge
User Image

I need you far away
To be an ocean
To build another way

Kiyo couldn't help but find himself blushing lightly when he finally got a good look at the other kit. He was glad though that the other seemed alright and wasn't hurt. When Zakken asked about his paw Kiyo blinked looking down. "Hmm? Ah...yeah. I accidentally stepped on a sharp rock just a few minutes ago...I'm not exactly the luckiest Kitsutora around," Kiyo replied his eyes looking back at his injured paw. He was surprised however when Zakken crouched down talking about fixing up the wound. "Ah!? I-It's alright. It hurts a lot...but I'm used to things like this happening...it'll heal on it's own I think..." Kiyo muttered softly his shy nature coming out a bit. Kiyo really should have took up the offer, but his own nature seemed to keep him back from asking for help. It was a rare thing for Kiyo to ask for anything really, he just believed he needed to deal with whatever came his way on his own.

I need some distance
To find another road
It’s not so easy

Taska Neko

Fashionable Phantom

11,325 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Megathread 100

SpaceDadDisapproves
Captain

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:56 pm
Zakken frowns, having gotten a rather good look at the paw. "You're still bleeding, though... An from the trail I followed, you've lost quite a bit already. Lose anymore, and you could die." The half-vampire kit said, glancing down at the blood trail he had followed. He had, at least, inherited most of Zelman's abilities, one of those seeming to come standard with all vampires, which was that their saliva could cause some wounds to heal up rather quickly. This wouldn't cause the other kit to turn into a vampire, thankfully, that process involved the transferring of blood from the vampire to the mortal and vice versa. What Zakken was offering, basically, was to lick the wound shut so that the other wouldn't lose any more blood. He may be the stronger out of his siblings, but he wasn't anything like his fathers in personality.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:14 pm
Kiyo Cainbridge
User Image

I need you far away
To be an ocean
To build another way

Kiyo stared down at his paw for a moment, Zakken's words sinking in to him for a moment. He couldn't help but admit he did have some previous thoughts on thinking that dying just may be better then staying by himself, he was much too cowardly to fall through with them though. Kiyo's ears bent forward slightly looking at Zakken once more. No matter what Kiyo said it seemed the other wasn't going to back down. "I-I guess...I could use some help..." Kiyo stated softly giving into the others request. "But why do you want to help me? You don't even know me..." Kiyo wondered out loud. He also couldn't help but wonder what Zakken might do to help. He had no idea of the others family linage after all, for all Kiyo knew the other couldn't only help clean the wound. He hadn't thought he might actually help heal it for him.

I need some distance
To find another road
It’s not so easy

Taska Neko

Fashionable Phantom

11,325 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Megathread 100

SpaceDadDisapproves
Captain

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:20 pm
Zakken gives a small smile, then tilts his head slightly. "I help you now, then answer questions after so you don't lose anymore blood." He says, nodding, then carefully attempting to hold the paw near his face, knowing the other must only be thinking that he was going to clean the wound out. "This may sting a bit at first, then it will tingle and feel good as new." He says before giving the wound a few licks, hoping the other didn't jerk away before he was finished helping him.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:31 pm
Kiyo Cainbridge
User Image

I need you far away
To be an ocean
To build another way

Kiyo nodded softly, oddly enough the others words comforted him slightly. Moving closer he held out his paw to the other trying his best to stay steady so it would be easier to clean. Hearing that it will sting Kiyo gave another soft nod of understanding, though it didn't stop his body from shaking slightly from nerves, it wasn't anything big though, and barely even noticeable. Taking a deep breath Kiyo closed his eyes as he felt Zakken's tongue pass across his paw.

Just as the other had foretold a sharp pain passed for a moment, the stinging sensation only lasted for a while though. Kiyo had almost jerked back from the pain on instinct, but knowing that the other was only trying to help kept him from moving too much. After the initial pain though Kiyo did eel a slight tingle like the other had explained, opening his eyes he could feel the pain waning over the next few moments. "It...really does feel better..." Kiyo said astonished by the others work.

I need some distance
To find another road
It’s not so easy

Taska Neko

Fashionable Phantom

11,325 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Megathread 100

SpaceDadDisapproves
Captain

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:36 pm
Zakken grins and releases the other's paw, two of his teeth slightly longer and pointier than the others in his mouth. "Try putting weight on it." He insists gently, tail swishing behind him, watching the other with those eerie mis-matched eyes of his. "I help because you needed help. No other motive, really." He heaves a small sigh, however, knowing that the other may very well ask how he healed him, and, if he did and found out what Zakken was, he was ready for the horror that usually followed after, and the refusal of friendship.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:48 pm
Kiyo Cainbridge
User Image

I need you far away
To be an ocean
To build another way

Listening to Zakken Kiyo put his foot back to the ground leaning forward slowly only to realize that no pain followed. He gave a small gasp of wonder jumping a few times to make sure before finally looking back to the odd kit before him. "That's amazing...it really did heal," Kiyo replied as he lifted his own paw to inspect it himself. Sure enough the wound had healed nicely. "Thanks for helping me...but how did you do that? That was so cool, I wish I could do something like that. I seem to get hurt often..." Kiyo stated seemingly going off on his own thoughts. Shaking his head from the thoughts he smile lightly at the other kit. "No, never mind. I changed my mind, I don't want to know. It makes it more mysterious," Kiyo added quickly. It was then however that a loud grumble sounded in his stomach making itself heard and causing Kiyo to blush in embarrassment once more. He had forgotten that he had yet to have anything to eat that morning.

I need some distance
To find another road
It’s not so easy

Taska Neko

Fashionable Phantom

11,325 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Megathread 100

SpaceDadDisapproves
Captain

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:58 pm
Zakken cringes at the question, then blinks, peering at the other as he changes his mind. "You're sure...?" He seems much more relieved, as if some great disaster had been averted for him by not having to answer the question. His own stomach chose that moment to growl as well, making him heave a sigh. "Look... My brother and I were out exploring and got lost... If you want, you can look around with us and hope that we find something to eat...?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:08 pm
Kiyo Cainbridge
User Image

I need you far away
To be an ocean
To build another way

Kiyo nodded he head, "Yeah, I'm sure," he stated. Kiyo always did like mysterious after all, and besides it seemed the other kit didn't want to talk about it so he left it at that. It wasn't his place to know anyway, and after today he doubted he would even see this kit again. No doubt he had family waiting for him, something Kiyo had lost leaving him as an abandoned kit trying to survive on his own for as long as he could. "You have a brother?" Kiyo questioned cocking his head slightly to the side. A small smile shown on his face, though a pang of loneliness resided in his heart. Kiyo wasn't one to wear his emotions on his sleeve however and so tried to present himself in a cheerful manner despite it all. "Alright...I think I remember where some berries are that I found yesterday...they're a little bitter but food is food. There should be a river somewhere here too we could try fishing in. I tried once...but I'm not very good at fishing," Kiyo stated which explained why he had to go looking for anything else edible besides fish.

I need some distance
To find another road
It’s not so easy

Taska Neko

Fashionable Phantom

11,325 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Megathread 100
.-~♥::RP Subforum::♥~-.