Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Repo! the Genetic Opera Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

trytocallithome

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:49 pm
eek

I just saw it last week and I thought they did a really good job of it actually.
It was an interesting movie.
I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it.

and Alexa Vega actually has a decent singing voice lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:55 pm
One of the movies I've been waiting to see. It sounds good, so next I get some money I'm going to rent it.  

Neecha Rui

Interesting Shapeshifter

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:25 pm
my mom got it from netflick tonight and we are going to watch tonight.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:37 am
I want to see it...but I will be expecting it to be good in that Rocky Horror kind of way.
That is, it's not very good...but it has such a good cult following, that I will end up liking it anyways. xD!!!  

jfnbhgurkddhj8
Crew

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:54 pm
hey, i liked it. all the singing was very good and i liked almost all the songs. but not the one repo man sung while he had that guy in his basement.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:53 pm
Awww, I've been wanting to see that movie, can anyone tell me how Paris Hilton in the movie. It's been one of my interests in the movie.

Bartimaeus13

10,650 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200

Melancholy Gypsy

Eternal Nymph

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:48 pm
I absolutely love the movie. Great music, Great story/plot. Great cast. I have a small crush on the grave robber. I have been obsessed with this movie and soundtrack for the past couple weeks.

Bartimaeus13 Paris Hilton did a great job on this movie. She didn't have many parts but was a great comic relief at points.

I am a huge fan now and always. I hope they get enough support for more installments.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:32 am
Sadly I havent seen it yet. My friend sent me the preview once she found out. It was so CRUEL! I have no way of seeing it till I see her when I go visit home during spring break...

now i'm begining to think she did it on purpose stare , just to make sure I'd see her over break  

Sparkle_Bats

Neecha Rui

Interesting Shapeshifter

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:28 pm
-EDIT-

*inhales*

Oh my god! I love this freaking movie! The songs, the characters, the blood, it's all so good! Not only did I get my money's worth, not only did the facinations for this movie that I had known about for two years before it was released had been sustained, I AM COMPLETE.

I am an absolute fan to this movie now. And, if the directior is right, there will probably be two more movies made in the Repo! world. Probably not as good as this stunning tale is, but AH. I will see them either way.

Even if the word OPERA turns you off to this movie, don't let it stop you. The songs get stuck in your head a lot easier than a knife.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:56 pm
I really liked it, but has anybody heard about this Repossession Mambo movie? Apparently, it's a movie that just like Repo, revolves around organ repossession agents.  

Jar City

JuilianFai

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:29 pm
I'm actually surprised that other people have heard of this movie!!

I absoultely love this movie. I own the DVD and have seriously watched it at least once a day since I bought it. I think it's a very smart movie, tastefully grotesque and the score was wonderfully written. I thought one of the smartest decisons was to incorporate non-A-list actors and actresses. I'm SO tired of seeing the same people in every movie, and was even more impressed when they could all carry a damn note [with the exception of Paris Hilton]!! I knew Anthony Stewart Head could sing because I'm a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and of course Sarah Brightman because she's world class, but was pleasantly surprised with Alexa Vega's talent, and so many of the other actors [I think the Graverobber was fantastic].

REPO! is easily one of the best movies to hit screens in the recent years.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:34 pm
mistress_hydro
but not the one repo man sung while he had that guy in his basement.

"Thankless Job"? It was a little gross I admit, but the lyrics are dead on [no pun intended]. No one thanks him for the lives he has to take, and if you think about it, its such a tragic life, to have to kill people for a living. Towards the end of the movie Nathan does express that he doesn't want to do it anymore, but because of his position he can't refuse a job. We all saw how that ended, when a RepoMan refuses a job..  

JuilianFai

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:38 pm
My buddy just rented it the other day. I had him laughing his butt off when i called it "Repo: the organic musical" by accident. I really wanna see this movie.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:00 am
i just saw it yesterday and thought that it satisfied all my needs for gore and a storyline. i kind of think of it as like a newer version of the rocky horror picture show  

Dead Slappywag

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:25 am
Frantic Femme Fatale
I really liked it, but has anybody heard about this Repossession Mambo movie? Apparently, it's a movie that just like Repo, revolves around organ repossession agents.

I just googled this movie. It sounds just like Repo! minus the opera and the characters. Jude Law stars in it. The story is a guy is on the run from repossession after he can't keep payments up on an artificial heart. Sounds like a toned down audience friendly version. Hollywood is one of the worlds best recyclers.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff