Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Foreign movies Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hanzq

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Voter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:27 pm
I know most of you are American, so I thought I'd put up a topic about foreign films.

I don't know how much you people here watch or foreign films, but here's a few finnish ones I wanted to tell you about smile
I'll add more when I have the time to find a subtitled trailer and a synopsis allready written (Yes, I am lazy!)

Sauna - Wash your sins

Year 1595. The long war is finally over. Brothers Knut and Erik, members of a commission marking the border between Finland and Russia, commit a terrible sin when they leave a young girl to die a horrible death. As the commission crosses an uncharted swamp, the girl returns to haunt them, her face pouring endless filth. The weary men find solace in a nameless village and find a sauna—a sauna where all sins are washed away. Seeking forgiveness, the brothers step in... Sauna is a horror film about sins and repentance. The story leads us into the core of darkness where there is no hope, no salvation.

Jade-warrior

Jade Warrior, inspired by the myth and majesty of the Kalevala, tells the tale of a love-struck hero fighting against the restrictions of modern life and searching for love beyond time and place. In the course of his journey to be reunited with his love, he re-discovers his true origin, his skill as a warrior, and his unique destiny.

Jade Warrior, the first-ever Sino-Finnish co-production, will be the most exciting cross-cultural film adventure of 2006. Based on the Finnish national epic Kalevala, the film traverses modern day Finland and ancient China, where the battle against evil is underway.

Christmas story

Hundreds of years ago the world´s greatest story was born…

In a remote village in Lapland, young Nikolas loses his family in an accident. The villagers decide to look after the orphaned boy together. Each family will take care of Nikolas for one year. At the end of each year, on Christmas Day, Nikolas has to move to a new home. To show his gratitude to the villagers, Nikolas decides to make toys for the children of the families as good-bye presents. Over the years, Nikolas´s former adoptive families become many, and soon almost every house has presents on its doorstep on Christmas morning.

When the village suffers a food shortage, the villagers have to send Nikolas to work as an apprentice for the hermit carpenter, Iisakki. Under the cruel tutelage of Iisakki, Nikolas develops skills that enable him to create even better presents and to work even faster. The child-hating Iisakki, however, forbids Nikolas from making presents. The Christmas present tradition is in danger of coming to an end.

Tali - Ihantala 1944

”It is where Finland´s fate will be decided.”
General A. F. Airo

Finland´s defences on the Karelian Isthmus break and Soviet troops advance with an overwhelming advantage in manpower and military equipment. The Finns have been beaten. Guerilla tactics in the forests are no longer enough, and some other solution must be found to contain the unprecedented offensive.

Tali – Ihantala 1944 recounts the events of the largest battle in the history of Scandinavia through five short stories. The defensive victory was a miracle. How was it ever achieved?

The film tells about the failed attempts of the summer of 1944 to achieve the impossible, stopping a greatly superior enemy and the final efforts to avert a defeat that seemed certain. This epic film deals with the miracle of Ihantala through the perspectives of ordinary people. Soldiers had to exhibit an unbelievable capacity to endure the inhumane harshness and brutality of war. But a soldier had a job to do.

That is what this film deals with: men at work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:48 am
I've never seen a Finnish film, but I'll try to find these and check them out. Most foreign films I see are either Korean, French, or from the U.K.  

Quixotic Faye

KimberleyJane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:18 pm
I've never seen a Finnish film either.

From the ones I've seen, I like these ones best:

Nights of Cabiria
Le Notti Bianche
Les Enfants du Paradis
À bout de souffle
Eyes Without A Face
Pierrot le fou
La Belle et la Bete

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:27 pm
I've seen mostly Korean or Japanese movies. My grandparents have foreign exchange students every year and they find movies from their home at the movie stores sometimes. They're interesting.  

Illusionist of Heart

Katai Rei Kun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:30 am
Brotherhood of the Wolf is a good one. Its french i think.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:33 am
I forgot about The Storm Riders. Awesome!!

User Image

Katai Rei Kun

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:12 pm
I just watched a Japanese film about a week ago called " Zebraman". The name says it all. I laughed my a$$ off watching it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:14 pm
Katai Rei Kun
Brotherhood of the Wolf is a good one. Its french i think.

User Image

My buddy told me about this movie awhile ago. I've been meaning to pick it up but I never think about it.  

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

vampirepenguin hayley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:58 pm
Let The Right One In
is a really good movie.
I saw it a couple weeks ago & fell in love with it.
It's a Swedish movie that was shot so beautifully.
I could watch it over & over lol :]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:17 pm
vampirepenguin hayley
Let The Right One In
is a really good movie.
I saw it a couple weeks ago & fell in love with it.
It's a Swedish movie that was shot so beautifully.
I could watch it over & over lol :]

I work at a video store and was suppose to get this movie yesterday but the shipment truck flipped and we never got it... I was so stoked for this movie and so crushed when it never came...  

Misfit_the

The McNinja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:26 pm
i saw part of jade samurai  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:56 pm
For the past few weeks, all I've been watching is foreign films.

The Battle of Algiers, Memories of Underdevelopment, Hiroshima Mon Amour, L'Avventura... gotta love those Film Studies Classes.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Yuki_kishimoto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:02 pm
I luv the korean films
Hansel and gretel
and
A tale of Two Sisters

XD 2 of the best movies ever!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:36 pm
I recently watched Angel-A which is a European movie in french. It was surprisingly good. The main character (played by Jamel Debbouze) was amusing xD Although it's a 2007 movie it is in black and white. You should watch it :3  

Taylonn

Green Ladykiller

Fleet Fox

4,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Amelie anyone? x.x

T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items