Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Watchmen/Terminator Salvation Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Ms Devorah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:22 pm
Looking forward to seeing Watchmen which opens this weekend, they said after the Dark Knight, it set a new trend for super hero's, that they dont all need to be all goodie two shoes.
I also got to see a clip the other day for the new Terminator Salvation movie with Christian Bale on May 21st, I am looking forward to this one as well after seeing this clip, they now have it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcg5t0mT8V4&feature=channel

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:40 pm
I'm actually slightly hesitant about going to go see Watchmen. I'm a huge fan of the graphic novel, so I hope it's good.

Like I said in the Twilight thread, there is nothing I hate more than a bad book-to-film adaptation.

And as for Terminator Salvation: Yeah I'm probably not going to see that. The first two were decent, but they've just gone down hill. Plus, McG is directing it, and I'm not a big fan if his work.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Little Ms Devorah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:05 pm
I did not read either the Twilight nor Watchmen, however Twilight did nothing for me as a movie. I never understood all the hype about it and did not the the main actor was all that good looking.
Only 2 times in my life has a book been either as good or better than the book. First one being Alien, the book was rather boring. Second was Enemy Mine, except for the ending the movie was very close to the book.
As you say, most are bad book to film adaptation.
By the way, I am new here, nice to meet you RedWhiteBlack, friends just call me Dev.
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:16 pm
Welcome, Dev! You can just call me Red. If you have any questions, just ask. (I've been here from almost the beginning, so I kinda know what goes down).

Anyway, yeah Twilight was terrible. I never read the book, but that doesn't excuse it.

And on the topic of Watchmen: read the graphic novel after you see the movie. That's how Snyder wants newbies to Watchmen to experience it.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Katai Rei Kun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:02 pm
http://geeksofdoom.com/ .. has decent updates on books, comics, movies, and games. Im gonna go see both Watchmen and Terminator Salvation when they come out. The Geeks of Doom site has an awesome Terminator trailer on it.
As for twilight ... The books were cool and easy to get into. The movie was a bit off track. Yet if you're new to twilight then the movie was ok by itself. (Atleast it wasnt another Eragon)

stare eek xp blaugh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:43 pm
Both of these movie look really good. I went to the WonderCon and sat in for 5 preview showings of Terminator Salvation with the live cast there (Aton Yelchin, Bryce Dallas Howard, Common, Moon Bloodgood - unfortnately Christian Bale wasn't there.) But yeah these two movies look really good. 3nodding  

Aine92

Fleet Fox

4,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:28 pm

I'm very excited to see Watchmen. I read the novel, and loved it. Although I was a bit young at the time, so I don't think I understood everything the first time. I hope the movie covers everything, and doesn't let me down.

4laugh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:55 pm
I saw Watchmen...and it was great. I say to read the novel before the movie, so you know the little side stories.  

an_angels_death

reject666

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:08 pm
Went to opening night of Watchmen. I am here to say I literally had an orgasm. The movie was incredible. Beautiful and well shot. Zack Snyder was the perfect director for the job.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:28 am
yup but their where still a*****e out their that says dark knight better but to me all batman movie have sucked i'm going to laugh when it does horrible in the 3rd one  

xTx Monty xTx

Taylonn

Green Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:57 pm
*is excited for the Terminator movie*  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:25 pm
it was really awkward watching watchmen since my mom had to come with us since it's rated R. It wasn't Rorschac chopping a twisted kidnapper's head in half that was awkward to see, it was the moment on the ship thingy where a very non censored, unnecessary sex scene took place. But still, a great movie, unless you aren't the kind who's into the whole "dark side" to being a superhero. I mean, if you're expecting Ironman or Spidey-ish movie, then don't go.  

Quack Quack Mutherducker

The Dark Archer
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:53 pm
T.S. looks like a amazing movie ;3 Great thriller cannot wait to see it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:38 am
reject666
Zack Snyder was the perfect director for the job.

I disagree, Snyder robbed it of its real depth and focused more on visuals. I mean, looking at his past work even he' not the best director for the job, because even though he directed 300, it is nowhere near the same type of comic book as Watchmen. I would have liked a more sympathetic treatment of the gay characters within Watchmen too, to make up for the homophobic braindead-fest that was 300.

I am looking forward to the new Terminator movie myself, although I'm beginning to wonder about Bale's voice...  

loIitoads

shiri_dragon

Fashionable Gaian

6,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:52 am
I finally saw The Watchmen last night and I thought it was great. Though I did get a little stir crazy when we hit the second person's past. My only complaint was that the movie was very long, though it's understandably so. It did what the Lord of the Rings movies couldn't, which is depict most of the book, or in this case the comic book.

The trailer for Terminator Salvation was very...effecty but I suppose it's what we have to look forward to in this day in age. I still want to see it to see if it will finally bring the whole story full circle or if it sets up for another.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff