Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Its time for "Reviews of movies i rented" (my opinions) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should i keep doing this?
  Yes
  Nah
View Results

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:26 am
i rent about 6 movies per week or so now i can give an elaborate review but u should ask for that otherwise its a quick review.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:31 am
Quick reviews and rates (ask for more elaborate ones)

"HEAVY METAL" from the 80's fully animated yes nudity, varius people helped out in this. Good music odd yes interesting story. 4/5

"Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' On Heavens Door" Youll have to see the anime to get most of this movie. As a fan of the series id knew i would enjoy this and i did quite nicely. 5/5

"An American Haunting" Dear god this movie sucked, and it had potential, a giel being posessed, set in the 1800' or so. Odd story but interresting. But towards the end it just sucked 2/5  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:34 am
"There will be blood" No there wont hardly any blood ohh "there will be boredom" or "there will be acadamy awards for a shitty movie" its a western, good acting, but the ending, story, and many of the events was stupid and sooooo long 2/5

"The Terminal" Its stretched out but good a good story, good acting, nice ending, grat character delelopment. I must rest even a must buy in my opinion. 5/5  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:06 am
I disagree with your blurb on "There Will Be Blood." I thought that movie was incredible. It painted an unflinching portrait of capitalism, greed, family, and religion. For a period movie, it makes an amazing critique of our society. It may be long, but it is great; I liken it to the Godfather. It did get slow at times, but never boring.

Though, I'm not entirely sure where the "There Will Be Blood" title comes from... I think those words are spoken at least once in the movie, but I can't remember the context.

Also, this movie ended EXACTLY where it needed to, and just so perfectly.

I also disagree somewhat with your review of The Terminal; yes it's heartwarming, and very well made, but I found it somewhat formulaic. Technically good, but it falls flat because it isn't very dynamic.  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:12 pm
Hmm well i have the reviews a quick review for everyone if u want to go and elaborate i did love the terminal. The casting was quite good the story though fictional could happen in real life possable, and even though it was slow at times it was a well done movie. With cheerfull moments. i was shocked it was done by Spielburg, (yes theres typos) All and all it was great i mean yeah the ending with Catheren Joneses character i didnt agree with, she was still a girl who was dating a cheating man...otherwise i loved it.

"There will be blood" urgh everyones entitled to their opinion. Yes the story of one mans greed as he consumes him, untill he becomes an a*****e/murderer i get that. But myself i wasnt a fan of the ending it had the "no country for old men " routine where it looked good but 3/4ths of the movie it changed the ending with the priest im sure it was symbolic and akk and ill admit the final line was witty. but nope still not a fan.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:20 pm
"Pineapple Express" ill be hated for this. Yes a good stoner flick, great casting but. I thought it was bad (my opinion only) There was maybe 2 or 3 moments to laugh or chuckle at. But mostly it was just oddness and gay toning. Yes i said it alot of vary gay lines (not gay as in stupid i mean gay as in expecting the guys to kiss eachother gay) which i though of alot. The ending itself left a question or 2 and the "best bud" thing dear god i just expected them to openly make out or something it was that awkward. -sighs- I thought it was overhyped again just my opinions  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:24 pm
(comming soon the Latest Indiana Jones Review......oh this one ill need a drink to review)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:21 pm
"Heavy Metal" - Classic movie. Always a trip to watch it.
"Cowboy Bebop" - Been wanting to see it.
"An American Haunting" - Never seen it .. but i have heard of it. kinda 50/50 reviews
"There Will Be Blood" - Maybe its just me but i fell asleep watching that movie. I was not impressed.
"The Terminal" - Seen bits and pieces. Its ok.
"Pineapple Express" - It was funny. Not Seth Rogen's best work.

Katai Rei Kun

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:29 pm
zomganime.com type Cowboy Bebop the movie try it with youtube just need to find the right ones and u can see it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:33 am
"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" The 4th movie of the series. Where indiana Jones is old, they bring back his love interest from the first movie, cool. But thats as good as it gets as he goes into area 51 into a part of it which looks strangely familier, like ive seen those boxes before. YES the ending to the first one with the ARC ohh will they show the golden arc, are they after that again?

Nope in face the only reference to the first fromiw about the arc is ONE FREAKING SCREENSHOT and that was it.....-drinks- (yes i watch the nostalgia critic no im not ripping off him)

oh and BTW THERE ARE SPOLERS IN THIS POST...where? in part 2 of this review  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:56 am
Part 2 of the latest indiana jones review.

They reference the 1950s alot with the gresers...and shilo lebouf (im sure i spelt his name wrong) loooooves to comb his gresy a** hair
(yes typos) The villans are russians their leader a freaky dominatrix. There after the kingdom of the crystal skull. An Myan or Aztech place which is altually a UFO because ITS ALIANS wait Aliens in a Stephen Spielburg film?? im utterly shocked...alright to wrape up its humor is stupid indiana jones has a son, alians are on earth the dominatrix diel and blah blah blah...

alright i did my best to review this while not ruining the whole movie....but i think i just messed up the vewiew, ill admit i was distracted with another movie (review comming soon) while watching this.

Quick review: Indiana Jones 4...brief reference to the first movie, theres killer ants, a russian dominatric, Jones is reunited with his love, he also has a son, a town explodes and theres ALIANS.....brief yet stupid humor throughout the movie....i mean the movie itself is average but it tried too hard and the alians concept ruined it....the son ehh it was predictable.....a 3/5....  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:56 pm
and now for your feature presentation another rental review.....

(alfred hitchcock music) -fades into the sillohete- -light turn on- "Good eeeevening, today i present to you folks another movie that i rented, its a movie that I....didnt like...go figure"

"No Country for Old Men" its supposed to be adapted from the book but im just reviewing the movie The casting is good, the movie was a bit stretched out but it somehow kept u from leaving during those scenes. The villan was good, the story was interesting...now ur wondering why im saying its a bad movie when it seems pretty good...well..it is...3/4ths of the way through

about after That blond cowboy gets shot (i forget the actors name he was from Natural Born Killers) after he gets s**t it went to s**t...yes spoilers..ish are in here...

the last 14th of the movie or so...the main character dies...by some mexicans...and thats no to view of if the mexicans die (in the movie they should) or get caught (no im saying the mexican characters in the movie who manipulated a family to kill innocent peoplke and take some drug money those mexicans..in that movie...should die... just so i dont seem racist to all of those politicly incorect people out there) lets see, the love interest dies, and the villan lives...but but it doesnt end there...as the final scene the sherrif (played by Tommy Lee Jones) goes in this boring talk with someone...and cue the credits

im sure someone will say "its a masterpiece" or something and its interesting character delelopment but that last 1/4th of the movie just ruined it everything else was good but then it went downhill...soo, yeah thats my review of that movie  

Saintsage777

Misfit_the

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:14 pm
Saintsage777

"There will be blood" urgh everyones entitled to their opinion. Yes the story of one mans greed as he consumes him, untill he becomes an a*****e/murderer i get that. But myself i wasnt a fan of the ending it had the "no country for old men " routine where it looked good but 3/4ths of the movie it changed the ending with the priest im sure it was symbolic and akk and ill admit the final line was witty. but nope still not a fan.

"There Will Be Blood" is essentially Macbeth... essentially... and it still remains one of my favorite movies with the ending being one of my favorite parts. With "No Country for Old Men" hmmmmm I am also fairly sure the ending which you thought boring held the essential themes and the whole reason why it's called "No Country for Old Men". I guess some movies just have those higher thought provoking endings that those who don't want to look deeper won't get or want to get. I can understand that feeling with "There Will Be Blood" because it is a tad slow but I thought for most people "No Country For Old Men" was such a good movie overall that the ending didn't shift their opinions and was a film for the masses.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:51 pm
Misfit_the
Saintsage777

"There Will Be Blood" is essentially Macbeth... essentially... and it still remains one of my favorite movies with the ending being one of my favorite parts. With "No Country for Old Men" hmmmmm I am also fairly sure the ending which you thought boring held the essential themes and the whole reason why it's called "No Country for Old Men". I guess some movies just have those higher thought provoking endings that those who don't want to look deeper won't get or want to get. I can understand that feeling with "There Will Be Blood" because it is a tad slow but I thought for most people "No Country For Old Men" was such a good movie overall that the ending didn't shift their opinions and was a film for the masses.

i do agree but from the "average joe" standpoint ehh not really" now an interlectual standpoint iu can see why it won awards  

Saintsage777

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:23 pm
I actually fell asleep watching No Country the first time... sweatdrop I feel really bad about it because I'm a big fan of the Coens. I thought it was good, really well made, and I loved the thematic content (because I'm secretly a pessimist at heart) but no where near as great as Fargo (which got unjustly robbed at the Oscars).

Though, you're dead on with the Indiana Jones movie. It was good, in theory, but it was trying way to hard to be something it's not: a great movie. I think I remember reading somewhere that the aliens concept was supposed to be for another movie, but Spielberg decided to wrap it up in his Indiana Jones movie. Personally, he should've stuck to Mayan and Aztec myth, and should've brought in like Mayan/Aztec gods or something. Maybe tie in Cortez's invasion, and make the movie more global?  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff