Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Fight Club... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

absolutezerocel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:02 pm
well guys i must admit that Fight Club is my favorite movie of all time, although the book was really good, i think this is one of the time where i have seen a movie be better than the book...anyways i just want to hear what you guys had to say about it  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:01 pm
Fight club is a really good one, you can watch over and over again and not get tired of it. Thata what I think anyway.  

oldtillyshifted

xOx_prinxexaiji_xOx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:29 am
blaugh yea.. of course,, its one of the best movie i have watched.. I love the twisted of the story,, great actors as well,, And I really like Edward Norton, He played it well.. heart heart blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:47 am
I agree, fight club is a good movie with a great plot, you sort of see it coming that he and taylor are the same, seeings that neither one are ever seen together or just miss the other. Funny how the human mind works.
User ImageYou scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.  

Little Ms Devorah

Rorschach Lives

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:21 pm
Good Movie. I like it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:25 pm
I love that movie, I had to watch it twice to figure out that he made Brad Pitts Character up. xD I was young when I first watched it though.

The soundtrack is amazing though. I love the Dust Brothers, I just wish they had included the opening song on the soundtrack. sad  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:50 pm
I thought it was alright. Not the most epic piece of film made in the 90s (that goes to Pulp Fiction), but a good film nonetheless.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:30 pm
RedWhiteBlack
I thought it was alright. Not the most epic piece of film made in the 90s (that goes to Pulp Fiction), but a good film nonetheless.

I'll back this up, although I'm not sure Pulp Fiction is my favourite '90s movie. I prefered the novel when it came to this film, as its uncompromising claustrophobia within the character's mind(s) really came to the fore, whereas the film felt a little too clear cut and unambiguous for me.  

loIitoads

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:36 pm
Lolicat von Doom
RedWhiteBlack

I'll back this up, although I'm not sure Pulp Fiction is my favourite '90s movie. I prefered the novel when it came to this film, as its uncompromising claustrophobia within the character's mind(s) really came to the fore, whereas the film felt a little too clear cut and unambiguous for me.

I've never read the novel, but in my experience, it is difficult for any filmmaker to present ambiguity on the screen. Even if the film is slick, and incredibly well made, that doesn't excuse the fact that the revelation near the end of the film is totally obvious, and was from the very beginning.

(Also, I distinguish "favorite" and "best" film of the 90s as two categories. I believe that "Pulp Fiction" was the best, while "American Beauty" is probably my favorite.)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:42 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Lolicat von Doom
RedWhiteBlack

I've never read the novel, but in my experience, it is difficult for any filmmaker to present ambiguity on the screen. Even if the film is slick, and incredibly well made, that doesn't excuse the fact that the revelation near the end of the film is totally obvious, and was from the very beginning.

(Also, I distinguish "favorite" and "best" film of the 90s as two categories. I believe that "Pulp Fiction" was the best, while "American Beauty" is probably my favorite.)

It is very difficult to present something so claustrophobic and ambiguous on screen, I agree, but I think it has been done, at least to some extent, with the likes of The Machinist (although I maintain that the ending of the film was horribly tv drama compared to the real meat of it).

I agree completely with seperating 'best' and 'favourite', as most of my favourite films from the nineties tend to be Gen-X flicks like Empire Records or Reality Bites. That said Slacker is definately one of my favourites and probably one of the best too.  

loIitoads

CaptainBaconMan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:43 pm
The book is better.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:36 pm
RedWhiteBlack
Lolicat von Doom
RedWhiteBlack

And see I honestly didn't care for Pulp Fiction all that much. I don't know why, there was just something about it that I found off putting. But American Beauty is a different story. That movie was absolutely mind blowing amazing!  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

loIitoads

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:31 am
sankapoo
RedWhiteBlack
Lolicat von Doom
RedWhiteBlack

And see I honestly didn't care for Pulp Fiction all that much. I don't know why, there was just something about it that I found off putting. But American Beauty is a different story. That movie was absolutely mind blowing amazing!

I adore Pulp Fiction for the amount of great scenes it has contributed to cinema history, and the non-linear story arcs, but it's by no means Tarantino's best.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:53 pm
Great movie I saw it just now they psycho  

word filter

loIitoads

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:55 pm
word filter
Great movie I saw it just now they psycho

Are they? I would argue that no, they're not entirely. There's something very instinctive about their actions, or rather, their re-actions to the modern world.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff