Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
WATCHMEN Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

totally awesome?
  yes
  no
View Results

LucyInTheSkyWithDiamondsX

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:46 pm
i dont care what people say. i effing loved that movie!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:06 am
It looks good. I was reluctant, I'll admit. The comic was made to show the differences between the mediums of comics and film. It was created under the pretense of not being able to be turned into a film.  

[Hollow Point]

Jadera1700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:04 am
I loved it. Twice. Ooh.

Once you start it, you absolutely hate The Comedian. You love Rorshach only because you have to follow him around. There's more to everyone than we think. Wow. You end up loving Edward Blake, end up hating the nice guys like Dr. Manhattan, and cry for the sociopath.

There was such an uproar about the giant squid that didn't show up. I'm staring at the screen thinking, "Because a giant squid would've made perfect sense with all this madness!" XP I was fine without the undersea creature. I even may have liked Ozzy in the end as well. I didn't like him until he the end--though he had a great attack scene. Hero's got moves.

I don't think I liked Silk Spectre II or Nite Owl II. Something about that didn't sit right. Hiding from themselves for so long without trying must make me queasy.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:18 pm
I kinda wish they included the giant v****a-squid. But I don't think it would have gone over very well. Plus I hear they didn't really explain the whole utopia thing, and the genetic technology that Ozzy was able to create.  

[Hollow Point]

Metal Vampiric Angel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:24 pm
I liked the movie, alot. It had the adult element that the comic had while not going to far like most movies did. I was actually surprised that they could make an R Rated movie like this without an ounce of 100% Visible Nudity. Yes, there was obvious nudity, but it was totally shadowed over. I liked this movie though, Nite Owl was cute!~  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:11 pm
I trully enjoyed that movie!

It was great ;3 Graphics/plot/the hold thing.  

The Dark Archer
Crew

Mimu-lou

Loyal Senshi

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:15 pm
IT was great!
I can't wait to read the comics, I could never get my hands on them untill now, They are everywhere lol.

And I love Rorshach. Idk why i Just did!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:07 pm
Jadera1700
I loved it. Twice. Ooh.

Once you start it, you absolutely hate The Comedian. You love Rorshach only because you have to follow him around. There's more to everyone than we think. Wow. You end up loving Edward Blake, end up hating the nice guys like Dr. Manhattan, and cry for the sociopath.

There was such an uproar about the giant squid that didn't show up. I'm staring at the screen thinking, "Because a giant squid would've made perfect sense with all this madness!" XP I was fine without the undersea creature. I even may have liked Ozzy in the end as well. I didn't like him until he the end--though he had a great attack scene. Hero's got moves.

I don't think I liked Silk Spectre II or Nite Owl II. Something about that didn't sit right. Hiding from themselves for so long without trying must make me queasy.

i totally agree with everything you just said.
i loved rorchach (in fact i found him kinda smexy xp )
the comedian was my second favorite character despite of and because of the fact that he was a totally jackass
and i (i dont want to say hate but) extremely disliked almost everyone else. night owl was ok (cept for the whole thing between him and the silver specter) and ozzy was ok cept for the fact that he caused dr. manhattan to have to kill rorchach crying
i agree that the explosions kinda made more sense than the squid thing.  

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:19 am
I thought the movie ending made more sense than the comic ending. But overall I thought it was pretty boring and having to watch Zach Snyder's style of directing for three hours makes me want to punch a kitten.

And Malin Ackerman was really bland.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:43 am
Quixotic Faye
I thought the movie ending made more sense than the comic ending. But overall I thought it was pretty boring and having to watch Zach Snyder's style of directing for three hours makes me want to punch a kitten.

I could agree on the boring to an extent, but the comic did come out of the 1980s. Comics held a huge difference in their print and plot. To make them come to life, as Snyder wanted to, and appease Alan Moore's fans, he had to go by the book as literally as he could. Long but there was meaning behind it. He didn't just spend a shitload of time and energy on empty space and meaningless dialogue.

Thanks, Lucy. ^_^  

Jadera1700

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:25 am
Jadera1700
Quixotic Faye

I could agree on the boring to an extent, but the comic did come out of the 1980s. Comics held a huge difference in their print and plot. To make them come to life, as Snyder wanted to, and appease Alan Moore's fans, he had to go by the book as literally as he could. Long but there was meaning behind it. He didn't just spend a shitload of time and energy on empty space and meaningless dialogue.

Thanks, Lucy. ^_^
Oh yeah, I agree. I just don't think the comic lends itself to a movie format very well - the main plot thread takes a back seat to the back story, which doesn't really mesh well with a format that works best when the plot is in the driver's seat. I don't mind Snyder taking the book literally; I have a problem with his liberal use of slo-mo. Okay, we get it, they're super heroes fighting bad guys. I don't really need to see that guys elbow go backwards in explicit detail to understand what you're doing there, Snyder. mad  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:29 pm
Quixotic Faye
Jadera1700
Quixotic Faye

Thanks, Lucy. ^_^
Oh yeah, I agree. I just don't think the comic lends itself to a movie format very well - the main plot thread takes a back seat to the back story, which doesn't really mesh well with a format that works best when the plot is in the driver's seat. I don't mind Snyder taking the book literally; I have a problem with his liberal use of slo-mo. Okay, we get it, they're super heroes fighting bad guys. I don't really need to see that guys elbow go backwards in explicit detail to understand what you're doing there, Snyder. mad

yeah thats one thing i really REALLY dont like about the movie. the slow mo, bloody fight scenes. i mean, i dont mind the blood, i just dont like watching it in slow motion. like the part where the woman gets shot in the leg and theres a shot from behind where her leg, like, explodes in slow motion. it's so gross.  

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Jadera1700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:29 am
Quixotic Faye
Jadera1700
Quixotic Faye

Thanks, Lucy. ^_^

yeah thats one thing i really REALLY dont like about the movie. the slow mo, bloody fight scenes. i mean, i dont mind the blood, i just dont like watching it in slow motion. like the part where the woman gets shot in the leg and theres a shot from behind where her leg, like, explodes in slow motion. it's so gross.

haha, slowwwww-moooooooow. . . I think forty minutes was contributed to just being slow. Didn't really need all the sex, wanted more Comedian and Rorshach abuse. The jail scene was pretty cool in slow motion, and the burning building. I liked their work too much to hate all of it. If the sound hadn't been there, the broken bones wouldn't have bothered me. I guess I'm just immune to some of that gory stuff. Better than the pencil trick, but not as hilarious. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:30 pm
Jadera1700
Quixotic Faye
Jadera1700
Quixotic Faye

Thanks, Lucy. ^_^

haha, slowwwww-moooooooow. . . I think forty minutes was contributed to just being slow. Didn't really need all the sex, wanted more Comedian and Rorshach abuse. The jail scene was pretty cool in slow motion, and the burning building. I liked their work too much to hate all of it. If the sound hadn't been there, the broken bones wouldn't have bothered me. I guess I'm just immune to some of that gory stuff. Better than the pencil trick, but not as hilarious. xD

thats exactly what i was thinking during the whole romantic scenes between night owl and whatsherface and the blue dude i was just thinking "man, get back to rorchach (or the comedian, thats good too)"
yeah the pencil thing was pretty hilarious. and the joker was pretty smexy, but we never say his shirt off like this!
User Image  

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:21 pm
Quixotic Faye

This is false. The comic's ending made perfect sense. He had to destroy a huge population of New York to make the super powers of the world unite and come away from the edge of nuclear war.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff