Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
City of Glass Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:29 am
This here is the forum for the City of Glass discussion. Just like in the City of Bones and City of Ashes forums, talk about whatever you feel like! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:02 pm
There was so much good and so much not so good in this book. Where to start?

Who else LOOVED Sebastian?  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Vice Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:52 pm
Honestly, way to smiley. I like him better as the demon.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:53 pm
Well yes. He was very much a bad a**.

See, I think a lot of the shock of finding out who Sebastian really is was lost because of the order of the book. If Jace had found out BEFORE Clary, I think it would have had a greater effect.
(And Jace's comment about how Sebastian seemed to be Dating Valentine would have been way funnier.)  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Vice Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:23 am
Definately! rofl That would've been awesome. It was kinda wierd how Izzy showed up, cause before, when she just gave up, somebody would've had their eyes on her to make sure she didn't try to sneak out. I didn't like that part, but, meh, w/e.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:42 am
It's hard for me to not love this book just because I already fell in love with the characters 2 books ago, you know? But yet I still feel like it was too predictable... idk I just wish there was more! I think I just expected more events to happen than the ones we kind of assumed would. And yes I absolutely loved Sebastian!  

Luanneee

Ultravoilet_Roses
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:55 pm
Ahem sorry to say but i really really dont like sebastion he jus seemed to be that slimy jerk person that everyone likes but for somereason u dont cuz u see thru his deceptions.... but otherwise i loved the book even tho it was slightly predictable i guessed that sebastion was jonathon when clary and him kissed and that junk came out of his hair. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:13 pm
That wasn't when I guessed they were siblings, but it was when I knew for sure he was working for Valentine.  

netherfreak
Captain

kari-fae

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:32 pm
this was a great finish to the series, though, as some have previously mentioned, it was a tad predictable. i always knew that jace and clary couldn't really be brother and sister, because they shared a strong connection and clary just felt too wrong kissing sebastian.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:58 am
i loved the book, like as it was repeated, it was abit predictable.

i didn't like sebastian. end of story.

plus i loved the Alec and Magnus scene!

Oh, and poor Max!!  

Lemuxx

Lemuxx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:02 am
Wait. Who's on the cover?
Sebastian?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:45 pm
Yep. Though I thought it was Alec or Simon at first. sweatdrop  

netherfreak
Captain

kari-fae

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:03 pm
oh i thought it was alec on the cover too! and yeah, i'm so happy that he and magnus are finally out in the open with their relationship, i totally burst with laughter when i read the scene in the accords hall where alec kisses him. but oh it was so sad when max died, i cried so hard, and then again when i thought jace was dead =(  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:53 pm
YAAY I know! I LOVE Alec + Magnus. I'm sooo happy about that hahaha.

And yeah even though in my gut I knew Jace had to live by the end... or else I would've like thrown the book across the room hahaha.... I couldnt believe he actually died! Like someone actually defeated him... i was like NOOOOOO. Eff you Valentineee  

Luanneee

kari-fae

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:03 pm
yeah i knew jace had to live too! it was so heartbreaking though and i got so mad when valentine started rocking him in his arms and calling him his son, then he wouldn't even finish the prayer to send him on his way to the afterlife in honour. that was just crap...grrr valentine.......  
Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff