Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply {::The Official DeviantArt Guild::}
The new critiquing feature is out. what do you think? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you think its fair for a select bunch to have this feature?
  yes.
  no.
  doesn't really matter to me. :/
View Results

chronos phantom

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:14 pm
It's been a while since I stepped in here so I dont know if this belongs in the front page. this is pretty dev art neutral though.

I'm here to see what your opinions are about a very helpful new feature that is out.

to be honest I dont see this as being a strict premium feature. its art for crips sake. For once there is a feature that actually can benefit mass amounts of artists in their art proffessions and not many will be able to use this. not all of dev art is full of premium people. some who arn't subscribed and could have a very good proffessional critique to some one will be missing out.

we know we can just comment what we think. but this can make things more clear in how your art is rated in some respects. more of a heads up.

I think its a vital feature for everyone to have and not just the pocket of dev art that subscribes.
having CSS and pics/stamps for a journal is one thing. But this I dont think should be allowed to a select few public.

tell me what you guys think of this. and for thosse new and coming in, tell me your opinions as well .

I'm just fine with giving my critique by commenting. but obviously dev art doesn't see it as a fully effective way of giving feedback.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:16 am
I like critiques by comments too so the whole new system seems a little too flashy...kind of like a game show. Especially with the star ratings.

I also don't like how you can't have the option of 'critiques' allowed without the new system. D8 People will think you don't want them when they're commenting.  

Rezseni

5,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Shaow Author

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:53 pm
Honestly, it's rediculous and slightly hypocritcal that the deviantart staff limit the people whom are allowed acess to this! They say they are for promoting and refining artists' styles through group evaluation and yet, they hold back a prime feature for accomplishing their "goal?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:51 pm
I don't really like it. Why can't you say all the same stuff in a comment?

sugarstevie

Metastability

6,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:31 pm
I've never really given a passing thought to it, mostly because I don't have a subscription. I do agree that critique can be passed through comments. I mean, I'm still learning as an artist, and would adore critique, but it's unfair that you need to pay. I think the DA staff was just trying to come up with appealing ways to lure people into buyiing subsciptions, but failed hard.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:51 pm
it's definitely just a money maker. i think it's rather ridiculous and unecessary.  

psycotic_wallaby

Moonlight Hunter

9,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Invisibility 100

Demian Mizire

5,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:14 pm
Well because I was only subscribed for 3 months(now not anymore) I only had it on like 2 deviations for less then a month. and nowone even did it. you can comment wich can be sometimes critique anyways. so i dont really care about it. plush it fills up my mail box even more  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:16 pm
I dislike the feature. >.<

Personally, I think subscriptions are useless.. Artists don't gain anything from it, and DA is turning into nothing but a popularity contest.. -_-

Critiques are fine in comments or even pm's.  

lovely lady celest

Zakira -Yoji-

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:42 am
I'll probably get slaughtered for saying this, but whoop-de-doo, what else is new ...^^;

I quite like the critique feature, because I get utter rubbish comments of *fangirly squeals* and the like, so when I put up *critique requested* it all stops. smile

Also, when people do fill in my critiques, it helps me to improve in my style.

Nuff sed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:50 pm
It shouldn't be limited to only people who pay; but on the plus side, comments should suffice.

And whatever happened to the "Advanced Critique Encouraged" option?  

QuiescentThunder

itschoo

Business Strawberry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:25 am
personally, i think it is unnecessary. critique can be put into comments. besides, didn't we used to be content with the "advanced critique encouraged" comment option?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:28 pm
I like it, but it really should be available to everyone. it's pretty much the only reason I bothered to buy a subscription.  

Sweetguts

Fashionable Seeker

4,850 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Chili Con Nama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:02 pm
I think it should be open to all. Paying customers aren't the only ones who want real critique. Half the time you get a comment, it's nowhere close to being critique. Even if you ask, you probably won't get one.

But it'll probably become part of regular members' pages in a year or so. The feature itself is a pretty good idea, because it has you narrow down everything to look for in a picture, and only those who use the critique feature will actually be trying to help. It won't be a casual "cool" or "LOL" comment they'll be posting.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:26 am
well some people simply cant afford to pay for the premium account and critique should be for free accounts aswell like I know theyre trying to get money to run the website but its for arts sake not profit they already get more than enough so i think we should have critique done for everybody because artist all over the world need it also there has to be some way of advertising your art so more people can see it because a lot of miniature artists get barely any page or picture views which in my opinion is downrating because some people try so hard to impress deviantart,but they get nowhere because nobody will come and look at their pictures  

Marilyn_Forez

The_Radioactive_Woman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:26 am
It's good that they have a critique feature, but it comes off as redundant to me.
Can't you just do a critique with a comment, too?
That said, I think that if they make a critique option, it should be readily available to everyone. I don't have a subscription, but i would like to be able to use a critique function if they have one.  
{::The Official DeviantArt Guild::}

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff