Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:13 pm
Ok, so here's the story. My friend and I went out to LA for this last week.
We ended up getting tattoo's on Venice Beach and while we recovered from the ink we were sitting at this little cafe and found these two guys sitting near us. They started talking about Colorado (where we're from) and my friend decided to ask them if they were from there.
So anyway, long story short, we found out they were both Marine's and they ended up giving us a ride (tattoo's on the feet make it very hard to walk).
Yeah, probably stupid, but we had a great time, probably the best time of the vacation. They cam back to our hotel room, we all got drunk, lots of making out and such and the next day the drove us around everywhere. We went into Hollywood, eventhough they said they had plans for the day. I guess it sorta ended up being a date lol (?)
Anyway, they had to head back to base that night and though my friend didn't hit it off with the other guy, me and the first guy (his name's Aaron) got along great. He's everything I'm looking for, not to mention he is absolutely beautiful! We swapt information and we're always talking now (when he has time anyway). Every time we talk he says how much he misses me, and how he's fallen for me, he even wrote a song about me.
I dunno, I guess I'm just kinda looking for input  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:46 am
well all in all - sounds like you had a good time and have no regrets. I see nothing wrong with what you did and since you and the guy are still talking, more power to you! To me meeting important people in your life takes on all shapes and sizes. Maybe this guy will turn out to be perfect for you, maybe he'll slowly fall off your fancy and you'll say oh well or maybe it will become a huge drama and you'll wonder why you even got mixed up with him to start with. Anyway what is important is you are giving it a fair go, you think he's great so GREAT! Go for it and chase what you want. How else can you expect to get it?

I hope this was the type of feedback you were looking for?  

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:47 pm
I'm not really sure what you're asking for. If it's something about long distance relationships, then yes they can and do work as long as both people are comitted to it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:17 am
Input:

Long distance relationships: They tend to work, especially if both trust each other, and more importantly, want things to work out. If he is an active Marine, be forewarned that things may happen while he is away, and as long as you are prepared for that, things will be fine. If he is inactive, ask him about the life of being in the army and don't be hesitant to ask questions should they arise.

A+ for having gotten along so well, though. It sounds like you two are very happy together. Keep it up and things will be fine smile  

Patron with a Mission

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:01 pm
Thanks for the imput guys. I dunno, we talk off and on, but I'm afraid to ask where it's going. It sort of seems unfair that he's so far away, and we seemed to have so much in common. I like him a lot, he's fun and attractive and an all around good guy. He's the kind of guy that I could have a relationship with and be happy, even if I only got to see him a few times out of the year.
I just feel like I've got all this bad karma comming down on me... and I don't know why. I like him, he seems to like me too. He tells me he misses me, but he's always so busy. He's just at a base right now for training, but he's off to Iraq at some point... I dunno. I feel like I'd like to try at a relationship, but I don't want to say something wrong and scare him off...
He tells me that he's fallen for me and all these things about why he likes me. I just don't know what I can and can't say... cry  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:50 am
The Last Chase
Thanks for the imput guys. I dunno, we talk off and on, but I'm afraid to ask where it's going. It sort of seems unfair that he's so far away, and we seemed to have so much in common. I like him a lot, he's fun and attractive and an all around good guy. He's the kind of guy that I could have a relationship with and be happy, even if I only got to see him a few times out of the year.
I just feel like I've got all this bad karma comming down on me... and I don't know why. I like him, he seems to like me too. He tells me he misses me, but he's always so busy. He's just at a base right now for training, but he's off to Iraq at some point... I dunno. I feel like I'd like to try at a relationship, but I don't want to say something wrong and scare him off...
He tells me that he's fallen for me and all these things about why he likes me. I just don't know what I can and can't say... cry

the main thing is he obviously has feelings for you. he didnt just make out with you have a couple nice days and just let that be that. you continued to stay in touch hes telling you he misses you. this is more then just hey remember that time we made out? Its actually a beautiful story. I would say talking to him bout how he feels towards you. Seeing where you both want it to go eventually. Right now since hes in training and he may be going to iraq making huge long term plans will be tough. Just enjoy the time you both have together, and try and atleast figure out if hes feeling the same kinda emotions as you are.My ex was in the military and when he was in basic he didn't get much time to talk, and include that with sharing time to call your family. I'd say you have to mean something to him.

Siumbering Princess22

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:14 am
Yeah, it's nice that he makes time for me. We really hit it off. Just not used to all of this and am sorta paranoid because my ex was such a compulsive liar. He'd say he'd call me and wouldn't, I'd make time for him, but I always had to work around his life instead of being a part or it. I'm just terrified that I'll say the wrong thing or push things farther than they should go. My ex was really insecure and he made me feel like I was forcing him into a long term relationship, when in reality I thought that was what he wanted.
I dunno, I guess what I'm getting at is that I've been given this outlook on myself that I am far too overbaring and I don't want to go to this guy with, "oh by the way, where's this headed?" and get nothing but silence in responce.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:22 am
They say true love happens when you're not looking for it. I know it happened to me. Good luck to you and Arron. Best thing to do it to take it one day at a time, be yourself and if it's meant to be it will happen.  

Sweet_lil_tomboy

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:26 pm
Thank you. I believe that everything does happen for a reason.
Like:
1. We were supposed to get our tattoo's the day we left, but the guy realized he couldn't do it then and had to change it to saturday.
2. If we hadn't have gotten so lost in Venice we would have been there almost two hours earlier.
3. If my friend Dee hadn't seen the little cafe on the way to the tattoo shop we wouldn't have decided to eat there.
4. If our waitress hadn't gone on break and forgotten to tell anyone we still needed to order we would have gone before those boys had even gotten there.
5. If they hadn't have started talking about Colorado Dee wouldn't have decided to talk to them
6. If we hadn't have gotten tattoo's we wouldn't have taken them up on a ride.
It's so strange how things happen. I just know I was supposed to meet him, we were supposed to end up where we have. But see this is the kind of weird stuff that I feel would scare him away. I'm a bit of a mystic, I feel things, I feel the souls of things around me and I have a strong belief in the idea that things really are ment to happen the way they do.
He's going to be out here in June, because his sister lives in Bolder. How weird is that?  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:22 am
something to keep in mind is, while I too believe in "fate", it only takes you so far. In other words, perhaps you were destined to meet, but that does not mean that you're destined to spend the rest of your lives together. It's completely possible that you could end up married, but it's also completely possible that things just won't work out.

Don't convince yourself that things -have- to work out because you were "destined to meet" because that could potentially cause problems not only between you and your interest, but also internal issues within yourself. If things don't work out and you have convinced yourself that he was "the one", you will blame yourself even if the fact of the matter is that things just didn't work out due to incompatibility. Even if things were going to work out, if you start bringing up long term commitment plans too soon or too often when he isn't ready, that could end up ruining the relationship when you otherwise would have been fine as some people would feel as if you are trying to "trap" them.

Just take things as they come and don't worry about where it is going. There's no need to rush. Things will happen when they are ready to happen, which might not always be when you want them to. As you can see in the list you gave regarding how you two met, things not going your way can still end up being for good in the end.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Sweet_lil_tomboy

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:47 am
The Last Chase
Thank you. I believe that everything does happen for a reason.
Like:
1. We were supposed to get our tattoo's the day we left, but the guy realized he couldn't do it then and had to change it to saturday.
2. If we hadn't have gotten so lost in Venice we would have been there almost two hours earlier.
3. If my friend Dee hadn't seen the little cafe on the way to the tattoo shop we wouldn't have decided to eat there.
4. If our waitress hadn't gone on break and forgotten to tell anyone we still needed to order we would have gone before those boys had even gotten there.
5. If they hadn't have started talking about Colorado Dee wouldn't have decided to talk to them
6. If we hadn't have gotten tattoo's we wouldn't have taken them up on a ride.
It's so strange how things happen. I just know I was supposed to meet him, we were supposed to end up where we have. But see this is the kind of weird stuff that I feel would scare him away. I'm a bit of a mystic, I feel things, I feel the souls of things around me and I have a strong belief in the idea that things really are ment to happen the way they do.
He's going to be out here in June, because his sister lives in Bolder. How weird is that?
Things sometimes are meant to happen just the way they do and somethings are meant to be worked on and nurtured in order for them grow with us. As far as scaring him because of your mystic beliefs just take it one day at a time and be yourself. I wouldn't unload it all on him at once because let's face it you could scare him away but if allow him the oppurtunity to get to know the real you before telling him it will all make sense to him and be less shocking for him in the end. GOOD LUCK smile heart  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:16 pm
ThisEmptySoul
something to keep in mind is, while I too believe in "fate", it only takes you so far. In other words, perhaps you were destined to meet, but that does not mean that you're destined to spend the rest of your lives together. It's completely possible that you could end up married, but it's also completely possible that things just won't work out.

Don't convince yourself that things -have- to work out because you were "destined to meet" because that could potentially cause problems not only between you and your interest, but also internal issues within yourself. If things don't work out and you have convinced yourself that he was "the one", you will blame yourself even if the fact of the matter is that things just didn't work out due to incompatibility. Even if things were going to work out, if you start bringing up long term commitment plans too soon or too often when he isn't ready, that could end up ruining the relationship when you otherwise would have been fine as some people would feel as if you are trying to "trap" them.

Just take things as they come and don't worry about where it is going. There's no need to rush. Things will happen when they are ready to happen, which might not always be when you want them to. As you can see in the list you gave regarding how you two met, things not going your way can still end up being for good in the end.

Whoa, whoa! I wasn't even going that direction lol. I'm a twenty-two year old woman. Yes, I believe that we were supposed to meet, but I don't know where it's going. Technically I don't even think we're at a dating status lol. But he's wonderful to talk to. He takes time out of every day to talk to me, to get to know me more. He's on leave from May 23 to June 21 and he asked if he could buy my a train ticket to come see him in Iowa (he's such a country boy lol). He really wants to see me and get to know me.
I don't even know how we would work as a couple anyway. I'm a city girl who wants to live in California and be a stunt driver, he wants to go to school in Colorado and then go back to his family farm. Right now I'm just enjoing his company and hoping for something great ^^  

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:21 pm
Sweet_lil_tomboy
Things sometimes are meant to happen just the way they do and somethings are meant to be worked on and nurtured in order for them grow with us. As far as scaring him because of your mystic beliefs just take it one day at a time and be yourself. I wouldn't unload it all on him at once because let's face it you could scare him away but if allow him the oppurtunity to get to know the real you before telling him it will all make sense to him and be less shocking for him in the end. GOOD LUCK smile heart

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to keep those things back until we know each other a little better. Thanks ^^  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:48 am
That's the impression I got from your posts at least and I have come across women who have taken on that train of thought very early in the relationship. Sorry that it was way off.

A friend of mine married at 21 so saying "I'm twenty-two" doesn't mean anything to me, by the way.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

The Last Chase

5,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:27 pm
I'm just a mystic. I believe that there are reasons for everything, but the 'reasoning' can be anything. Yes, I believe we were supposed to meet, what it will do to the future, I really have no clue. Yes, I like him, but I've been through enough relationships to know it couldn't happen over a weekend lol.

And I'm not saying anything against people getting married. All I'm saying is that I am old enough to realize that there's more to a relationship than, "I like this guy, I'm going to marry him."  
Advice Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff