Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
Star Trek: love it or hate it? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How did you like the new Star Trek Movie?
  Live long and prosper baby!
  I can't believe that did that! That's not Star Trek!
  Dude, it's just a movie get over it.
  I've seen better Trek movies
  Did we see the same movie, because I just drooled over the ships, and weapons.
  None of the above.
  Can't decide.
  Gold, gold, just give me gold!
View Results

Jadeling

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:27 pm
I just saw the new movie and I have to say, it was a lot of fun to watch. On the other hand now that I've had time to process what I saw, I will say that they went ahead a made a lot of changes to the Trek Universe, even if they were able to explain it away, I'm not sure I'm all too happy with those changes.

Still, the actors did a great job emulating the original cast. They even got some of the original lines "Pointy ear hobgoblin," and "I'm a doctor, not a physicist, damn it."

What about you guys? Did you love the new movie or hated it?

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:56 pm
I haven't seen it yet, but I think this movie will revive the franchise. From what I've seen in the trailers it looks awesome can't wait to see it.  

SocialZealot

6,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Jadeling

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:21 pm
I really liked the pacing of the movie. It didn't ever really drag; there was always a sense of urgency throughout, that when I left the theatre I was like, "That was 2 hours?" It's also one of those movies that even if you're not a huge fan of Star Trek, you'll probably have fun with this movie.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:47 pm
I'm a true Trekkie fan now ~ before I wasn't into it but my mom had been for a long time. Of course I went to go see the movie with her and now dazzeled by everything. The movie was a five star favorite; the picture was so clear i was amazed because when you get to action films and you see whats going on the lighting and picturing are off a whole bunch like the light will be dim at a good part or the picture is either too blury or shadowy to see any action and sometimes you wont see any of the action just the frame of the characters. This movie was a real burst in heading new action and fiction movies and also allows a way to open up new Star Track Movies to come. I Loves it heart  

LunaSoulKeeper

4,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100

Quack Quack Mutherducker

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:06 am
hold on a second...

BECAUSE THIS MOVIE BLEW MY F%(K!NG MIND.
the special effects were absolutely....gahh i can't even think of a cool enough word!

While waiting for the movie to start, my mom was saying how the show came out when she was in college. She tried to do the whole Vulcan greeting thingy with her fingers but she couldn't do it anymore because of arthritis lol

I am now going to name my first child Spock.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:09 am
lol plus when I got to the movie theater it was like, a rainbow coalition of nerds :p  

Quack Quack Mutherducker

Black-Ninja01

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:23 pm
Damn that movie was great. It is one of those movie that you can watch over and over again. I think that the movie was great. I had great action, mystery and suspense lurking at every corner. I hope that it is one of many more star trek movie (From the Same Director).  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:41 pm
Black-Ninja01
Damn that movie was great. It is one of those movie that you can watch over and over again. I think that the movie was great. I had great action, mystery and suspense lurking at every corner. I hope that it is one of many more star trek movie (From the Same Director).

yeah J.J. Abrams is a great director! He's the guy behind all those shows like Lost and Fringe. (the ones with the "bad robot" little ad after the show)

I think that this will be another Batman Begins. It revives the series, making it less...(trekkies forgive me) cheesy. It's like how Superman Returns went wrong. Starting from the beginning creates more of a connection and brings in more viewers who didn't have to be fans of the show to begin with. Like, in Batman Begins, it starts from how he became Batman. You get more of a connection instead of just being expected to know everything because he's batman.
I don't know. It makes sense in my head, though.

Hopefully it'll be more like the Batman franchise and less like the Spiderman or X Men ones. By this, I mean get better with every sequel instead of lose momentum.  

Quack Quack Mutherducker

iheartblank

Witty Humorist

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:41 pm
AWESOME!!!! And I'm not a treki- like at all. The story was great, the acting even better. The action and special effects... I loved it!!  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:44 pm
Oh, lest we forget the amazing Simon Pegg- who did and amazing Scotty. Whom ever doen't enjoy Simon should have their puls taken and a cat scan...

Oh oh oh! And Karl Urban... hmmmmm  

iheartblank

Witty Humorist

Jadeling

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:36 pm
I loved Spock, both of them... heart

Is it just me or did Chris Pine resemble Jeffery Hunter, the original Chris Pike, more than James Kirk?

Spoiler Alert!!

So....how did y'all like the Uhura/Spock pairing? It surprised me; but at the scene at the launching bay made a hell of a lot more sense, and funny.

I also enjoyed the scene where Kirk explains the logic of showing Nero compassion and Spock's all "In this situation, I am willing to fore go logic."

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:26 pm
Anyone else have anything to say about the movie?  

Jadeling

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:25 am
I thought it was entertaining and a great reboot to the franchise. I'm a little confused about how Nero's ship and Spock prime went into the past through a singularity.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:29 pm
awesome !!! loved it!!!User Image  

sky bunnydoodle

Black-Ninja01

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:08 am
Great movie best ever  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers