Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
blog much? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

it's Blog!
  No It's a trap
  No it's an arm race
  *runs*
View Results

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:35 am
Does any one blog around here? I was thinking about starting a very general/daily ranting blog on of the free popular ones. (Might help keep my English avg as well)

So if you are a blogger or someone who read people blogs.

Which site do you blog in?

What makes a good blog?

Any tips to a newbie like me?  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:27 am
blogs-eh...

i read them, most are good. i'd rather not share my inner thoughts with people around the world.  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:47 pm
Xalikar
blogs-eh...

i read them, most are good. i'd rather not share my inner thoughts with people around the world.

Yeah I was like that but since I don't have too many people 'side Gaiaonline that seem to share the similar thoughts. I thought maybe I will start one. I'm not sure.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:33 pm
i'd read it.

your posts don't hurt my eyes or make me lose my sanity.  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:23 pm
It really depends. For me, I usually will make a blog type post just to let people know what's going on in my life. Of course I'm not really the kind of person who's gonna put it somewhere on gaia or myspace, because that's disturbing. I'm considerably more apt to put it on a more close-knit forum with mostly people I know pretty well. I already have way too many stalker-friends. XD

If you don't care about whoever reads it, I guess livejournal is good. I know some people with it, even though I've never went anywhere near it. And there's always Gaia journals. XD  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:32 pm
I used to be big on livejournal... but after I turned like...16 I got over it ^^; It got dull when all my friends moved to myspace or some such crap. I do not even know my account names anymore sweatdrop  

A Song Is Born

Beloved Cutie-Pie

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:13 pm
I was never big on LJ, but I used it for journaling purposes. I used to do it pretty often, and then I just grew out of it. Then every now and then when life was particularly stressful, I'd go back in and write an entry again, but I couldn't see doing a blog all the time. Because, seriously, what could I possibly have to talk about that other people would want to read? And if I did have anything to talk about, I'd talk to my boyfriend or my roommate about it and have a lot more fun in the process. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:57 pm
I used to use Blogger, but the site just seemed so lonely! It's like your blog is just this little island out in the middle of nowhere, and you're just talking to yourself to keep from going insane...  

Ixcilia

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 pm
daft alchemist
I was never big on LJ, but I used it for journaling purposes. I used to do it pretty often, and then I just grew out of it. Then every now and then when life was particularly stressful, I'd go back in and write an entry again, but I couldn't see doing a blog all the time. Because, seriously, what could I possibly have to talk about that other people would want to read? And if I did have anything to talk about, I'd talk to my boyfriend or my roommate about it and have a lot more fun in the process. 3nodding

You have a point, but at the same time, wouldn't you want to keep a blog for yourself? Like, to look back at? Ir are you not really the kind of person who looks back..?  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:48 am
When I look back on old journal entries I wrote back in the day, I hate the person I used to be. Super depressed, angsty, just generally obnoxious average teenager-type. I can't stand to read things from the past. Remembering how god-awful I used to be is never fun. sweatdrop  

daft alchemist

Dapper Dabbler

8,050 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Yogurt Man

Swashbuckling Vampire

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:56 pm
I'm not a complete stranger to those feelings myself. And we have the home videos to prove it... ^^; But for me, I just like to keep tabs on what I did and when. Sometimes. XD  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:28 am
Well, I just recently got into livejournal. I used to try and write everything down on a journal but then then as senior year kept coming to and end I had more stress and more stuff to rant about and then well, let's just say my hand couldn't write that many words.

Then I started typing it. I figured, "why not type it and it goes a whole lot faster than writing it on paper!" (Yet I still find myself collecting journals...it's a wonder why I have so many journals in my closet with empty pages -_- *is a sucker for cute journals*)

For me, writing or in this case typing down your issues is like ranting to something/someone. It's a stress reliever. Maybe it's because I write original stories and I like writing but nevertheless.

So, whether you should keep one or not. It's entirely up to you. I can tell you for me it's a stress reliever, and no, I don't post every single day. I post like at like twice a week or something. 3nodding Also, I know people who don't like it and just well...just don't blog so yea. haha.

To put it all simple. It's up to you xd

Kobayashi-sama

CaptainSmirnoff

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:39 am
I never really got into blogging. I simply don't like the thought of strangers reading my inner thoughts and whatnot. I used to keep a journal to write down particularly personal stressful issues I didn't feel I could talk to anyone about, but sort of grew out of it. I like reading back on my old entries to see the person I used to be, and realize how much I've grown since then. Its interesting to see how much you can really change over a period of time.

I like reading blogs, though. I think a good blog is a mixture of interesting topics and their real life issues, experience, etc. It gets a bit boring if just one of the two, non stop. x3

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:24 am
I don't blog. Well, I used to. I think. I don't know, if you would call that blogging. I think it would.

Eh.

At any rate, I would rather someone converse their inner thoughts then posting it as one big chunk of text on the intranet. [In my opinion, please don't kill me. >.o]

Nemsy

Adrinix

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 3:21 pm
ive got a blog, its where i post my adult literature. but obvioulsy i cant post a link lol, i dont thing gaia would approve of it lol  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games