Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
I can never do my history homework the same way again... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Know what I'm saying?
  Totally!!! <3
  I know D: It's SO DISTRACTING.
  No...no I don't ._.''
View Results

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:35 pm
So I'm studying for my history final, and these were actually my first thoughts to each of the questions on the practice sheet:

"Why did the US enter WWI?"
[...HE WANTED TO BE THE HERO.]

"Who were the Axis Powers?"
[OMGIKNOWTHEANSWERFORONCE!!!]
"Who was the last to surrender?"
[Well, Italy HAD to be first. Hmm... it seems more Germany's personality than Japan though. I mean, he seems to hate America a lot more... *watches anime* ...oh my god what am I doing? >_< *reluctantly goes to check textbook* ]

"Describe the Alliance formed between Italy and Germany."
[... *nosebleed* ]

<_<;; Well... this is gonna be distracting during the final...

At least Hetalia helped me memorize the names of European countries for my map test... hopefully I can turn this around and use this as a study technique =D  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:47 am
I share your pain/fascination. I stole my friend's history book it write fanfiction! XD I wish I had history again...-has graduation in two weeks-  

Tabatha_Twitchet

No_Pun_Intended

Alien Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:26 pm

User Image

My WWII notes are covered in Hetalia doodles. Including one of America skydiving into France and Switzerland shooting him down.
(Swiss had nothing to do with the topic, I just like him shooting stuff)

I think Japan was the last to surrender in WWII, by the way.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:19 am
No_Pun_Intended

User Image

My WWII notes are covered in Hetalia doodles. Including one of America skydiving into France and Switzerland shooting him down.
(Swiss had nothing to do with the topic, I just like him shooting stuff)

I think Japan was the last to surrender in WWII, by the way.

I only want to be...

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

lol i doodle my notes too! XD
your right, japan was last to surrender, they dragged their feet that's why we bombed nagasaki.. (i personally think that we should not have bombed nagasaki. it was just going too far.)

User Image

...With you once again.

chiyo_xx

necrophagette

Wheezing Dabbler

14,600 Points
  • Bunstroyer 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Screeching Savior 100
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:00 pm
I was watching this documentary on PBS about Russia in WW2, and apparently at some point, Roosevelt sent a secret letter to Stalin, asking him to come to Alaska or something so they could chat... privately... Anyway Churchill found out sometime later, after Stalin was like "Um, no. I pretty much hate you." and he was "Deeply hurt." and I was like, "YEAH ENGLAND, GO CRY." and laughed for about forever. My dad was like "wtf?"

I think there's a book called Roosevelt and Stalin: The Failed Courtship which just makes everything even more hilarious...

Once at a press conference in the 1930s, a reporter asked President Franklin Roosevelt about his political philosophy. He seemed bewildered by the question, and after hesitating for a few moments replied, "Why, I am a Christian and a Democrat." Roosevelt's bewilderment seems never to have left him. He just did not think in terms of ideologies. For Roosevelt, Hitler and Mussolini were merely "gangsters," and the lawabiding nations of the world were using their police to take them off the streets of the world.

The same naivete hovered over Roosevelt's relationship with Joseph Stalin. World politics seemed to be nothing more to Roosevelt than local ward politics writ large -- a matter of alliances, horse-trading, personalities, and power. Personal loyalties and relationships were the heart of politics for the President. The same methods that got things done in Albany or Washington would work with Stalin at Teheran and Yalta, Roosevelt believed. The absurdity of Roosevelt's view of how to deal with the Soviets, and the disastrous results that followed, are the themes of this book.

... Isn't is just TOO perfect?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:06 pm
I kinda wish I had heard about Hetalia when I was in grade 10. But either way, it wouldn't have changed my perspective on the world.

oh Hetalia, why must you yaoify the world as we know it?  

Celebiest

Valiant Gentlewoman

31,575 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Trickster 100
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

Houdeanie Beanie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:31 pm
Heh. I'm taking history next year. Although, alas, it's only U.S. history I believe... crying Darn...I could've been watching Hetalia; would've gone something like this:
Me: watchs Hetalia with focused expression
Mom: Hey, what are you doing? Aren't you supposed to be doing hw?
Me: But this IS my hw. I'm studying, I swear! xd

But alas, it's not world history. sad  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:13 am
I share your pain. D8
I have PAGES of hetalia doodles on my history notebook...
And, c'mon, I was studing the HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE. I couldn't stop smiling. Seriously. My Teacher doubts my sanity now.

I'm studing right now for my college entry exams... I'm doing medicine, so i supose i'll only geek about history as a hobby from now on... Blame hetalia.

The worst part is: Here I go, Studing my countrie's part in WWII...(Brazil) And i find such:
Our troops defeated german/italian (if i remembember correctly) troops alongside the canadians.(Once, but it counts for my imagination >3>)
Oh... I SO want to see a Brazil-tan fighting alongside Matthew... *dreams*
What would be quite hilarious, but that's not my point. XD

Hetalia actually helped me remember deteils from history, and, damm, this is gonna help me in the exams... *has poor memory*  

Selene Eumelia

Durem Survivor

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Survivor 150

The Witch of the Wood

Fashionable Genius

10,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:36 pm
I fully understand what you're talking about. My class was talking about France's luck in war, and I kept giggling the whole time, cause I had the episode in my head. And when the teacher asked why I was laughing I said "'cause he fails." and he started to question why I called a country a "he." I couldn't explain it >.<
Then of course we went into Greece and Italy forming an alliance, and I continued to giggle. I got three detentions that section T.T But I did get to amaze my teacher by telling him how many marks Germany owed France. So I guess the show is good for you after all. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 4:51 am
I know this pain very, very well.
You see, my dad is a WW2 nut and likes talking about it a lot...
Now whenever he does, I space out and imagine the Hetalia characters acting out the events he's speaking of...
It's very difficult to keep a straight face, especially while watching the history channel. ; ;

K a r a - tan

whateverbloatswiththeboat

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:22 pm
User Image

My teacher: And we're not going to talk about the Austria-Hungary empire, because it's a waste of time.
Me: WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY... wait. On second thought, you're our teacher. You should know best! ((KOLKOLKOLKOLZ))

I don't like Elizaveta.

Ya da gözümdeki yaşarı kim eliyle silecek?

Bana yaşattığı anları sormadım ki sana.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:30 am
User ImageI know how you feel. My friends brother was reading out of his history book the other day since we were helping him with his homework and while he was talking I couldn't help picturing the characters. It's the same thing when I'm reading news from other parts of the world and when I watch the history channel. I only wish that Hetalia had been there for me when I was in school. All of my history teachers kind of talked in a monotonous voice that you couldn't help but fall asleep to.  

Rai Cloudfox

Maid 0f Time

Tipsy Fatcat

9,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:10 am
User Image

...I feel you. D:

I've actually had to describe the show to my history teacher, who's amazing, and she totally wants to check it out. c:

I make random little Hetalia jokes and riddles and she's always like, "I kind of get this!"

Lulz, I love her to death. My friend and I think that she should totally show some of the episodes next year in U.S. History. :'D (Even though I've already taken that class, I will be her Teacher's Aide next year. Kolkolkolkol~)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:11 pm
I've always been pretty good at history, so I feel sort of disadvantaged there. But I'm usually going, "I know this! Don't make me do a project to prove it!"
But today I ended up with a page full of Hetalia doodles in my science class. I was done writing my human body systems to the tune of Yellow Submarine  

Mubyou

The Brenana

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:54 pm
omg, I KNOW! History just got ten times more fun. I had to watch Flushed Away en espanol for my Spanish class. When the frog has the rat surrounded and the other frogs surrender instead, all i could think was "OMG, ITALIAN ARMY XD"
not the same, but still school-related :B  
Meeting Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces