Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
Are they making a movie? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dyed Rain

Devoted Zealot

8,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:11 pm
Hope so anyone know?  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:46 pm
There's a rumor, but i think it's just that. Though I did look and Clare said there was a lot of interest so here's hoping.  

netherfreak
Captain

kari-fae

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:03 pm
i'm honestly not sure about this....a movie does sound nice though. unfortunately, there are too many things that silly directors and screen writers could screw up, plus there's the issue of who would act in the movies, but if they could keep it as close to the storyline as possible and choose good actors, i would be so pumped ^o^  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:57 am
IT WOULD PWN TWILIGHT!!!
i would buy the tickets the first day they come out, and go c the movie the first day and time!!! i would REALLY REALLY hope that they do it...it would be a good trilogy movie set! jace would make it AWESOME!!! and it is so funny and it is not just centered around two ppl...(like twilight)...but a group of ppl, who has all different personalities...and i think that is why it would be better!

Anaya_of_Wolves

Dangerous Wolf

14,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Ultravoilet_Roses
Crew

Beloved Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:48 am
honestly i hope they dont make a movie cuz everytime they make a movie out of an amazing book they friggin skrw the whole junk up (excapt for the lord of the rings) like eragon and twilight.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:09 pm
...yeah...good point...*goes off and thinks about it*...great i am having second thoughts. they might mess it up...GRRR...now i kind of don't want a movie!! i have betrayed jace, but not wanting him a movie star*cries*  

Anaya_of_Wolves

Dangerous Wolf

14,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

ClaryF

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:15 pm
Despite the books made into movies gone bad (Ella Enchanted! crying ), I still look forward to the adaptations, because there is always a chance it might turn out to be pretty good...

So I would love for the MI series to be made into movies, and I;d just hope they get someone who does it right!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:41 pm
Ive always stood by this but I was talking to this guy at work and we were just talking about book into movies in general, but we were saying just have a young adult direct a movie based of a young adult book! I know plenty of ppl that could do it. Adults aren't fans so they just try to do stuff that'll make money. I ready a review for Angels and Demons and she was bashing the fact the director sticked to the book(even though i hear a lot of stuff was left out). I was so mad! Its that kind of discouragement that ruins movies made from books!  

netherfreak
Captain

cyntoxification

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:36 pm
I'm torn between really wanting a TMI movie trilogy to be made - and really NOT wanting it made into movies.

Twilight, in my opinion, was really different, and it was kinda ruined, compared to what it felt like reading the books (though I don't like that series much either way), and Hollywood pretty much wrecked all the other book series' horribly. LotR was only great because the effects were fantastic, the acting was pretty good and the movies were gloriously long and actually stuck pretty well to the books, and it included most of the things that happened in the book pretty fairly. I'm really glad for that, but that's really the only amazing exception I can think of.. Don't even speak to me about The Golden Compass and Eragon. ._. Harry Potter's alright too, but some of the movies disappointed me quite a bit. They need to be longerrr..

If they DO make a movie, I would want Cassandra on the set constantly, maybe even co-directing and producing it, and it has to be directed wonderfully. That's the only way I'll feel secure about it being made into a film, and a GOOD one at that. I'm waayy too afraid it'll get totally ruined. D:

The idea of a teenager or young adult directing it is pretty nifty. I'd say yes to that, but at the same time, we all have such different views of each scene and how the dialogue sounds to us, and who we would want as a cast, that it might not turn out anyway. We'd need like... some sort of unbiased director. Which is hard to find, since the person would hopefully have read the series. I dunno. Maybe it'd work though. I think giving it a try would definitely be cool!

And whoever says crap like THAT - "THEY STUCK TO THE BOOK, GOD THAT IS HORRIBLE" - is a damn idiot. I'd rather it stick to the book than go it's own stupid wayward storyline. The point of making a book into a movie is to bring a book to life, isn't it?
What a douche. )< That's so lame someone would say that.

.... o-o I wrote WAY more than I first meant to. HAHA! Oh my. Hi guys. XD;

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:06 pm
Cynoyonrae

but at the same time, we all have such different views of each scene and how the dialogue sounds to us, and who we would want as a cast, that it might not turn out anyway.

Thats another one of the problems with adapting books. One adaption some fans might love, yet at the same time, a whole 'nother bunch absolutely hate it.

The poor directors can't win gonk

A young adult director would be cool, but I'd feel sorry for them, because no matter what, they'd receive criticism in some way!  

ClaryF

cyntoxification

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:42 pm
netherfreak
ClaryF
Cynoyonrae

but at the same time, we all have such different views of each scene and how the dialogue sounds to us, and who we would want as a cast, that it might not turn out anyway.

Thats another one of the problems with adapting books. One adaption some fans might love, yet at the same time, a whole 'nother bunch absolutely hate it.

A young adult director would be cool, but I'd feel sorry for them, because no matter what, they'd receive criticism in some way!

You always recieve criticism, but at leat if a young dult did it they would stick to the book is all im saying.

Cynoyonrae: Also, the person thats said that was a critic from the LA Times but i dont remember her name and yes, she needs to burn

Definitely. It's always going to piss some people off and make some people extremely happy.

If they DO make a movie-- and I've been reading LJ comms, and apparently there's already directors expressing interest --I hope to GOD that it's fantastic. I'm caught between wanting to cry and wanting to die of happiness. DDD8 Aghhh...

And yeah. STUPID PEOPLE. UGHHH.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:36 pm
Cynoyonrae
netherfreak
ClaryF
Cynoyonrae

You always recieve criticism, but at leat if a young dult did it they would stick to the book is all im saying.

Cynoyonrae: Also, the person thats said that was a critic from the LA Times but i dont remember her name and yes, she needs to burn

Definitely. It's always going to piss some people off and make some people extremely happy.

If they DO make a movie-- and I've been reading LJ comms, and apparently there's already directors expressing interest --I hope to GOD that it's fantastic. I'm caught between wanting to cry and wanting to die of happiness. DDD8 Aghhh...

And yeah. STUPID PEOPLE. UGHHH.

Ya i just heard a lot of interet too. Gah, its so frustrating!!  

netherfreak
Captain

AcidCupcake---x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:43 pm
If they did make a movie this would be the cast I picked lol-

Cam Gigandet as Jace-
User Image He is the bad guy from Twilight but I think he's hot so...

Sophia Bush as Isabel-
User Image Just give her blue eyes and she would be perfect biggrin

Ian Somerhalder as Alec-
User Image

I can't think of anyone else right now though...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:44 am
Hopefully if they do which there is said to be interest in, they won't ruin it.  

Black Angels Love

Shameless Man-Lover

Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas