Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

S i l l i B o o

11,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:58 am
Is paying for an upgraded account worth it?

I mean I can see how helpful it is once you get popular and have really good art, but when you're a nobody like me with mediocre-at-best artwork, is it really worth shelling out the money?

I like that you can make your pages better--looking, but would it help me become more... I don't want to say 'popular' but that's what I mean. I don't know many people on dA and want to make more friends. >w<

What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:36 am
No, upgrading your account doesn't not increase your traffic. It just increases functionality for you yourself.

Which if it's worth it, depends on you. I like the functionality, but a lot of folks don't think it's worth it.

What would get you more page hits is the AdCast thing. I've never used it, and don't know of anyone who has. So I don't know how effective it is.  

thrivis

Bashful Cultist

myfluffy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:33 pm
What's your account?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:38 pm
What Thrivis said. For me, it's easier to browse without ads and more thumbnails per page, plus I like the CSS and the custom boses for my page. It depends on you tho'.  

this account is dead man

Demian Mizire

5,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:22 am
well I dont like to pay for any site. including this one.
I had it as a gift for a couple months,and voting is rather kewl,its not too worth it tho  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:17 pm
i think so. if your really trying to make your art better then you need to step up  

Prince of winds

jhale_9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:08 pm
I wouldn't know, but most people say they like it, even if they aren't "popular".  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:56 pm
I think its not. But, I'd like to upgrade it some time just cause i get bored easily. lol
But, its highly up to you.

Light_SakuraRose12

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Tallybeast

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:05 pm
I love my paid account. <3 I don't think I could ever go back to browsing DA with ads all over the place. Plus I like being able to beta test the new features. But that's the only real reason I could see for getting a paid account, to make using DA more enjoyable. There are no features in there that work as a traffic-generating tool I'm afraid. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:14 pm
I don't know? But I want one! heart  

ilovegingerfish

Chili Con Nama

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:07 pm
The only reason it seems like the popular artists all have a subscription is because their fans buy it for them. A good way to get a sub is to either pay for it yourself, get someone to donate one to you, or to participate in a contest where a sub is a prize for winning.

I've only had a sub once in my two years on DA. It was cool, but really, it just has a few perks is all. You can live well without it. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:48 pm
I feel that a Paid site is really good for an artist who has a few extra bucks, but if you aren't all that popular then it's kinda worthless, once an artist is popular a paid site seems far more worth it. Here's hoping you're popular! biggrin  

Chai_Chai_Chai

3,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Brandisher 100

Marilyn_Forez

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:09 am
[Strawberry Pie]
Is paying for an upgraded account worth it?

I mean I can see how helpful it is once you get popular and have really good art, but when you're a nobody like me with mediocre-at-best artwork, is it really worth shelling out the money?

I like that you can make your pages better--looking, but would it help me become more... I don't want to say 'popular' but that's what I mean. I don't know many people on dA and want to make more friends. >w<

What do you guys think?

well i noticed that all the daily deviations are from paid accoutns so i think it is worth it if tyou want to go big  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:25 pm
I wonder about this, too.

I see all the perks to it, like being able to organize your displayed art in whatever order you would like. Seeing who has visited your site, not having to deal with ads, and whatnot. But apart from that, I don't see a huge need for it. Plus, if you can get a subscription from someone else, that's like, way more kudos to you and your art. It also means not having to worry about this question. X3  

Tokgabi

xoxsamxox282

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:12 am
That depends. It's mostly up to you, of course. I have a deviantart and I can't draw for the life of me, so I submit literature. It's tough trying to become popular. If you already are, paying for it is probably a good idea. If not, again, its up to you. (:  
{::The Official DeviantArt Guild::}

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff