Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Capn Agonys

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:47 am
What do you girls think about it? Personally, I think it's okay, because it's still a real person.
Your opinions?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:04 pm
I'm a very physical person, so I've always had troubles with grasping the concept of online dating. Personally, I only start talking about a relationship if two people shared a kiss at least. ">.> This probably means I'm extremely biased when it comes to this matter.
So I for one wouldn't think much of it. To me, it wouldn't be any different from your character dating another one in an online rpg, I wouldn't really take things seriously.
I suppose online relationships (and thus also some of those that start out on gaia) can be very successful though :] but it just wouldn't be my cup of tea. It's not that I view it as something 'bad', but it jsut seems more like childplay to me in most cases. n_n"
<3

~LukaTheNeko~

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:07 pm
I don't know. If you're a cautious person. You never know who you run into on the Internet, you know.
But to be honest I don't quite approve of online dating on a social networking site where kids as young as thirteen are allowed to join. And it makes me feel even more uncomfortable because kids even younger than thirteen lie about their age just to join Gaia. I don't want kids as young as nine getting the idea to get into an online relationship. They don't know what kind of prowlers are out there.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:22 pm
I personally have dated someone from Gaia [we were together for a year and a half] and I have to say personally that at first its awesome. There's no pressure for the "normal" relationship stuff but honestly after awhile it gets kinda sad and lonely. Because you technically have a bf/gf but everyone around you considers it fake.
Besides, from experience, I know that heart break is almost inevitable. Especially if you don't find out until three months after the fact that his person has been seeing someone else.
So yeah, I'm fine with Gaia dating but as long as its not me.  

Rayne Skyver

Shameless Exhibitionist

10,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Citizen 200

Alyx Rodanthe

Sparkly Pup

8,900 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:17 pm
I agree with Rayne for two reasons:

I dated someone on here as well. He lived about 3,000 miles away. I never met him, and it got boring after a while.

Besides, I was there with Rayne through most of her *ahem* relationship. I know how messed up it got to be.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:53 pm
I think if it's approached correctly, dating on any online community can be safe and healthy, and even become something more real and serious.  

Drug Goth Crystal

Dellzasaur

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:57 pm
For me, nope.
I want to be able to at least see the person in real life. If not it's just awkward. I want someone to hold me in their arms or have the ability to feel their kiss...
If not it's just akward.

<3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:10 am
Not for me. I don't think I could have a relationship with someone over the internet... Sure, it's perfectly possible to have online friends, but a partner... It can't last unless the couple finds a way to be together, physically. I don't want to give up all the physical parts of the relationship, too. It's lacking something, and it can't last this way forever in my view.

I have a friend who met a guy from Germany over the internet. She moved in with him, and they've been together for two years. This one worked well and she's perfectly happy.
My brother, on the other hand, met a sweet woman from Denmark over the internet. They met in real life a few times, but none of them was really ready to leave their homes and they broke up eventually. Long distance relationships are hard.  

Im A Little Pea

Elegana

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:38 am
I actually hate in-school dating, thus I turned to Gaia.

I know a guy for about two years now, and it's been a year since we've dated (We're still dating). So far, it's been really good. He's in NJ, and I'm in OH, so it's not far.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:29 am
I wouldn't want to risk talking to a desperate, middle-aged men when I am not aware of it. So I would say no to Gaia Dating.
I don't even want to be in a relationship. I'm thirteen, I'm just a kid and I want that to remain. heart
Of course, I may eventually get a man when I'm older or so, but I do not want to think about it right nao xd  

Kunoichi Aiko

Aliareana

Frozen Bunny

16,650 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:46 pm
As long as you are smart about it and can candle a long distance (online) relationship, then there's not a problem. I met my now husband on Gaia in early 2004. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:56 pm
I wouldn't recommend it.

I was in an online relationship (well, we did meet but the distance made that difficult) and it left me disappointed and unsatisfied a lot of the time.

Fliegende Affen

FullMetalLex

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:46 am
I think it's stupid. It's not a real relationship at all. You will most likely never see them, and you never know who they really are. They can get away with anything. It's weird how people treat it like a real relationship, when there's no emotional value. It's fake relationship and the people who think it's real are kind of pathetic. I could see how someone with poor relationships in real life would want an internet boyfriend to feel excepted, but at that point, you should deal with your social issues. A real relationship is so much more valuable.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:38 pm
FullMetalLex: I completely disagree. The people who go looking for an online relationship, yeah they are usually the desperate ones looking for acceptance. However, there are people you meet randomly online that you have a connection with almost instantly. Those are the ones that usually start out as friendship. Since the only way to really have a relationship (friendship or otherwise) online is through communication, you can get attached to their personality. Yeah, there are people who lie about stupid crap, but it's not like people in your every day physical life tell the truth all the time. Your very best friend can lie to you and you might not ever know it. Your boyfriend could cheat on you. Being online is not any different than being in person accept that you can't touch each other. Most couples (who are over 18 ) do meet after some time and can end up happily married. It's not for everyone, some people really do need the physical aspect to be happy. For those who can handle it, you appreciate your partner that much more when you finally are together and you are better at communicating with each other from so much practice.  

Aliareana

Frozen Bunny

16,650 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

Azusanga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:00 pm
Gaia is a little iffy. There are little 10 year olds all around the towns asking to cyber and such, saying that they're 14, so it's difficult to gauge how old someone actually is.

I'm currently online dating someone, and we've been "together" for 16 months now. It's hard, since I'm a really physical person, but I've survived.

somehow.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces