Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplay History Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Obscuranoxious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:27 pm
So there hasn't been one of these threads and I wanted to jump the gun and make it (sorry Salsa, tis mein! razz )

Pretty much its a discussion/boast thread of our previous cosplay experiences. Talk about what you cosplayed as, what convention you wore it too, any funny/interesting storys that involved your cosplay, ect :3

Guess I'll start:

Recently during Otakon 2009 in July, I decided I was going to attend way too close to the convention (a month in advance to be precise), and in doing so I decided that I HAD to have a cosplay. Now, I rarely ever wear the same costume to multiple conventions as I usually lose interest in the series by the time the next convention comes around. This being the case, I refused to wear my Code Geass cosplay of Zero as I had become sick of the show after watching both seasons twice in subs and twice again in dubs and also seen other series since then.

However this lead to the problem of not being able to assemble a costume in time. So this convention I decided to go for an easy cosplay, one that could easily be assembled with everyday clothing. My choice: Teru Mikami of Death Note fame. Now anyone who had been to an Otakon since Death Note arrived in America would know that up til then Death Note had still quite a large fandom and still had cosplayers. So I went about assembling this quickly thought up costume.

The irony in this stuck me when I arrived at Otakon that friday morning. Death Note had finally died out as a fandom. That weekend, there was no photoshoot and I only saw 5 other cosplayers. 2 L's, 2 Misa's and 1 other Mikami. While I was actually glad that I did not have many other people cosplaying the same thing as me, at the same time I was disappointed, as only two people took my picture sad

So, thats my story. Anyone else got one? XD  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:26 pm
Omg you's such a betch! RAAAAGE! O:<
Jk jk, good thread idea :3

Lemme see, one of my stories--
Ah, back when I was still a naive little cosplayer in the beginning, I was crossplaying as Youji from Loveless. Now I have a rather large chest, so I obviously had to do some binding in order to have a boyish figure. And being as naive as I was, I bound myself against bare skin and walked around like that for almost 12 hours-- Imagine how much pain I was in peeling off the tape ;A ; Luckily it was a long time ago so the marks healed up on my ta-ta's, but I will never forget that pain of skin tearing T crying T

salsaplant

GO

AirborneInfection

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:49 pm
salsababy2889

Ah, back when I was still a naive little cosplayer in the beginning, I was crossplaying as Youji from Loveless. Now I have a rather large chest, so I obviously had to do some binding in order to have a boyish figure. And being as naive as I was, I bound myself against bare skin and walked around like that for almost 12 hours-- Imagine how much pain I was in peeling off the tape ;A ; Luckily it was a long time ago so the marks healed up on my ta-ta's, but I will never forget that pain of skin tearing T crying T

I would have kissed it better. ;0; Um... worst story.... Um, we'll just go with every costume I've done (if you can call them that). I've had one sucessful one that was planned. The rest of them were spontaneous. One day, when someone really loves me and makes me a costume for free, I'll have a nice cosplay.

Also I, myself, was confiscated by security.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:54 am
Hmm, let's see. Well, at my first expo, me and my friends decided to do a Kingdom Hearts II cosplay, just after the game came out I think. And we just couldn't move for people taking pictures of us! One memorable moment was being caught at the top of a flight of steps for about 15 minutes because people kept coming up to us to take our pictures... xD I loved it though so I didn't complain! Haha. Although my mouth did hurt from smiling so much.

Other than that, it has to be when I cosplayed as Vash the Stampede and I met Johnny Yong Bosch...ahhhhhh...I was so happy! x3 heart It was a total coincidence though, I didn't know he was going to be there until a couple of weeks beforehand. Oh, and when my boyfriend cosplayed as the father from Azumanga. Thay was so hilarious!

Miss_Goku

Obscuranoxious

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:29 am
salsababy2889

Um...ow? I'm a guy and that STILL sounds painful >.<

I got another one thats kinda pathetic, but freaking hilarious at the same time xD

At my first Katsucon back in 2005 (my third con ever and only second cosplay attempt) I went as Gaara from Naruto (back when I still liked Naruto. I was naive, dun hurt me ; A; ), however back then the only haircut I was allowed to get was a flattop. Anyone who saw the character knows he has shaggy hair, so obviously my hair was WAY too short, and I didnt have any way to get a wig. On top of this, my hair was light brown, and his was red.

My naive cosplay solution? Halloween Hair Spray -.- My hair was bright red and brown mixed, looked horrible and was nowhere close to what it should look like. The errors we make a n00bs.

Now heres the hilarity of this: Naruto was still a big thing back then, so of course it was the largest photo gathering of the convention. We got so many people, we had to evacuate the planned photoshoot area and lead a group of easily 200 people THROUGH the hotel lobby and to the streetside outside of the hotel (in Arlington which is just outside Washington D.C. mind you.) On top of this, we had a good 50 photographers who were attending the con taking our pictures, and even people driving by stopped to snap a few shots XD.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:33 am
I had so much fun when I went as Jasdero from D Gray Man and everyone was taking pictures of my exposed butt AND grabbing/spanking it XD  

SakuraRico

LyraOfSpinningWinds

Wealthy Millionaire

8,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:25 am
1. Lia de Beaumont from Le Chevalier D'Eon
2. Riiku's Theif outfit
3. PikaMoon (don't ask lol)
4. Kisa Sohma from Fruits Basket

Next Target; Misty from Original Pokemon with her psyduck  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:03 am
SakuraRico
I had so much fun when I went as Jasdero from D Gray Man and everyone was taking pictures of my exposed butt AND grabbing/spanking it XD
I love D.Gray-Man. biggrin I saw some awesome cosplays of it at the last couple of cons I've been to, including a darn smexy Tyki Mikk and his dark noah form version... heart Jasdero was awesome, shame he won't come back!  

Miss_Goku

Dawnstar95

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:40 pm
I've only been Ino from Naruto.
I'm remaking the costume now and plan to go as other people to convention.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:44 pm
I got a great story from my adventure into a glomp circle.

Me and my group all went into the circle. I was there as Ino. I was on the outside, waiting for someone to come and glomp me. THen out of nowhere, I heard someone shout "INO." Wen I look that way I saw a Sakura cosplayer running towards me. I thought I should play along so I shouted "Sakura." I met up with her a few other times in the glomp circle.  

Dawnstar95

tattahitotsuyakusoku

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:56 pm
i haven't been to a con... yet
i have cosplayed as Sailor Mars and Kagome to skool, and when i was wearin' my Mars costume some random person came up to me and said i was rapable... i was like eek ...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:27 pm
1. Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist - Failed....
2. Zero From Vampire Knight - =DD
3. The Scout From the game Team Fortress 2 - =D

need to think of something good for next years cons

Ausalytic

Vicious Sex Symbol

8,200 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jack-pot 100

Loup de la Soleil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:11 am
Hm, I've been Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach... which was fearful, the creepy stares I got from some guys was veeeeeery unnerving. Then there was the random Toshiro Hitsugaya that popped up everywhere I went... eep.

Also done a crossplay of D'Eon be Beaumont from Le Chevalier D'Eon (tried to do Lia and failed, but will do better with a dress I'll be making!), have been random cat girls (this one has stories), Sexy Jutsu Kakashi from Naruto (yay! :3), and I made up a random, spur of the moment cosplay with my True Blood t-shirt of Sookie Stackhouse for CONvergence.

As a cat girl at Anime Detour, I could be rather innocent but at CONvergence I just got creepy old guys coming up to me, eheh.... I had a free hugs sign as a cat girl at Detour and had a leash too. My friend was leading me around and when we wandered into the dealer's room she went one way and I went the other. This of course resulted in a jerk on my harness and a maniacal giggle from my friend as we tripped people up in traffic. -face palm-

Sexy Jutsu kakashi has gotten me the most attention so far but I'd like to refine it a bit still. I found the perfect top to double for a shinobi vest for $2 at Kohl's, yay! ^__^ I really liked my addition of oriental print high heels but they're a tad small on me and killed my feet and back as a result. sad

My next cosplays:
- Zelos Wilder crossplay from Tales of Symphonia
- Tamaki Suoh crossplay from Ouran High School Host Club
- Steampunk version of the scout from Team Fortress (though I've never played the game, I'm joining a group cosplay for next CONvergence)
- Lia de Beaumont from Le Chevalier D'Eon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:37 am
Athena_kitty
Hm, I've been Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach... which was fearful, the creepy stares I got from some guys was veeeeeery unnerving. Then there was the random Toshiro Hitsugaya that popped up everywhere I went... eep.

As a cat girl at Anime Detour, I could be rather innocent but at CONvergence I just got creepy old guys coming up to me, eheh.... I had a free hugs sign as a cat girl at Detour and had a leash too.

I've cosplayed Matsumoto as well, and I've had the same exact experiences... Just because I'm walking around with my boobs half out doesn't mean you have the right to blatantly be eye-raping me-- At least be more discrete about it! >.<

Lol, Airborne had the same kind of experience as a cat girl too-- Except she was actually confiscated by security... Quite litterally she herself was ^^;

salsaplant

GO

Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas