Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
Russia Fans here, plz~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Russia?
  DA~
View Results

nifty drifty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:45 am

lawl, How many people are Russia fans here?
Post a 100x100 icon of Ivan if you are~
(if you don't have one, just post heart Russia heart )
lawl~ gogo~

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:26 am
heart Russia heart  

Joker-Nightmaren

Wealthy Hunter

nifty drifty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:28 am

omg yey~

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:02 pm
I didn't draw this. ^^;

User Image  

FlickoFly

Dapper Dreamer

24,725 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • 5000 High Score 200

Hiroshikeno

6,525 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:07 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:28 pm

awee~

nifty drifty

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:04 pm
Unofficial!Mod moment, but please don't post art you didn't draw ^^; It makes people very angry and from what I understood this guild tries to practice the policy of not doing that since the Japanese artists got upset. A link to the art though, would be fine!♥

Also, since someone posted their art, me too~! I remember in the popularity polls not long ago (ok so like months ago) that the APH LJ-comm did, Russia was rather popular.

As for me I prefer intelligent conversation of him (I am not calling any of you unintelligent!), because I'm a history-f** and well, I'll not rant again. Oh also, bonus to people who know the color of his scarf is not pink... -Perhaps loves him and his history too much.-  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:56 pm

Got to say, I'm slightly put off by that, but whatever! ;D This is Hetalia Guilde, not Drama guilde.

If you wanna have a conversation about him, feel free to comment me, I suppose. I have a lot to say on Russia's behave~

Thank Russophilia.
Best. Philia. Ever.

nifty drifty

Damanit-yes

Lazy Strawberry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:09 pm
User ImageI drew it myself. ^.^ :3 X3  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:10 pm
I come off that way a lot. XD;; But anyone who's been in the guild a while knows me well enough to know what I mean, I think. I'm not as aggressive or judging as that statement seems, I just got offput by people calling him "evil" in the other thread.  

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Madame Royale
Captain

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:42 pm
You guys should discuss/rant/whatever about him anyway because it would be a really interesting read.

I'd start, but I only know about the Romanovs. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 pm
Well if you say that Kievan Rus was all the siblings together like it seems to be, then Ivan himself was alone around the time of the Mongols... The Grand Dutchy of Lithuania owned pretty much Belarus, and the Kingdom of Poland had Ukraine around the time of the Commonwealth... Russia was known as Muscovy, or the Grand Dutchy of Moscow... My studying got confusing around there. XD Either way, I felt really bad for Russia in the beginning of things. Went from being with his sisters, to tossed between the Mongols and even a young Lithuania.

One interesting thing was how many times Russia considered entering the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. If not for Poland pushing his Catholic religion on them, they might have. Instead, as we know, he joined Austria and Prussia to dissolve the Commonwealth. x.x (Which if you ask me was no small revenge for Lithuania getting with Poland for the Commonwealth instead of finally making their tentative situation stable and helping them get rid of the mongols. But that's another thing~)

sdfglkj -Just set up an entire entertainment center and a bookshelf and desk and needs to go to sleeeepp!-  

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

nifty drifty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:12 pm

@Love: ;D I totally get that you probably never mean to come off that way. :'D So I brushed it off a bit.

Lawl, but I totally love how the country is pretty united.
Back in the Cold War, the people of Russia all banded together to protect the secrets of their country. I'm not sure if they were ordered to do so or if it was just an instinct, either way it's pretty cool.

Also, during the World Wars, they were way kick a**, about how they used their land against the Nazis.

From what I've read and am told from my history teacher last year, the Russians would pack up, burn their villages to the ground, or least make their villages barren before the Nazis would arive. At this point of Nazi invation, the soldiers were starving. When they arived to these foodless places, they either starved to death, or ate each other, from what I'm told.

Another thing that I admire about Russia is the land. They have so much of it, and again, another World War reference, is when they were being attacked, is they'd back up till the Nazis were amoless and weak and then they'd push back and attack. Another skillful tactic was that they reused amo from both sides of war.

Lawl, these are things I'm told by teachers, but either way, damn~

And btw, the Russian culture in it's self is very interesting. I'm not sure how many other countries value their guests and eating, besides the Greeks (the bond between host and guest in Greece is held sacred, as told in the Iliad.), where it's very important to never pass up a meal. They offer food, it's very rude to turn it down.

Also, according to a book I'm reading ("Culture Shock" if any of you are interested), passing up a drink (alcoholic) is also considered rude. According to it, it means "I don't trust you" or "I don't respect you". But you shouldn't believe everything you read, I suppose.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:17 pm

Join with Russia, y/y? c:

User Image

Yes, I drew the scribble. o mai

Faberge

Faberge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:49 pm
RUSSOPHILIA

Back in the Cold War, the people of Russia all banded together to protect the secrets of their country. I'm not sure if they were ordered to do so or if it was just an instinct, either way it's pretty cool.

Ordered to; Stalin and his successors were paranoid beyond sanity and killed a lot of random people accused of being "disloyal". But geniuses, utter geniuses.

RUSSOPHILIA
Also, during the World Wars, they were way kick a**, about how they used their land against the Nazis.

From what I've read and am told from my history teacher last year, the Russians would pack up, burn their villages to the ground, or least make their villages barren before the Nazis would arive.

This is true! And not only this, but the Russian's relied a lot on bluffing. They had so little of their own resources that some soldiers would run into battle with mere sticks that were fashioned to look like guns. The saddess bit is, the Russian army was made up mostly of untrained farmers, women and children-- they were used as cannon fodder while the trained soldiers did their best to conserve what little ammo there was.

In WWII, Russia had the most casualties, because they used these untrained minions, it was very heartbreaking to know that many men and women's lives were expendable. But you must admit, that type of warfare is dedicated and, if I may say, insane enough to show any invading army that: "See? Our people are expendable, do you really want to keep coming when we have so many to throw at your armies?"

RUSSOPHILIA
Another thing that I admire about Russia is the land. They have so much of it, and again, another World War reference, is when they were being attacked, is they'd back up till the Nazis were ammoless and weak and then they'd push back and attack. Another skillful tactic was that they reused amo from both sides of war.

In the end, it was the Russian winters that kept them safe from invasion both times megalomaniac rulers attempted to invade. Hitler thought that if only he could reach Stalingrad, he'd win Russia-- and it was true, if his troops had made it that far, Russia would have fallen to Nazi occupation. But the Russian's were so ******** crazy they knew the winter would claim the tanks, unprepared soldiers and food stores of the armies. They just had to hold them off long enough.

The other megalomaniac tyrant who decided to try and take Russia?

Napoleon.

RUSSIOPHILIA
I'm not sure how many other countries value their guests and eating, besides the Greeks (the bond between host and guest in Greece is held sacred, as told in the Iliad.), where it's very important to never pass up a meal. They offer food, it's very rude to turn it down.

Romans had vomitoriums. Yes, you read that right. Public houses where the Romans where throw up the first three, four, five courses of their meals and sit back down to finish the next three, four, five courses. biggrin

Now see, I'm no expert on Russia, but I love the country. (AND IVAN.) My sister however, is the big wealth of knowledge when it comes to Russia, so a lot of what I said is paraphrased from what I hear from her. My expertise is a bit more scattered.

Go, go, Russia~!

Meeting Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces