Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
U.S and it's 50 states. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

_Italia-Kun_

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:58 am
So, if U.S. has fifty states does that mean he has fifty babies? Oh my god.
xd

And what's even more funny is, if you consider how one state was discovered/made. For example, Spain found Florida right? So does that mean Spain and America did "IT"?

America you whore!!!
(Jk,America's awesome.)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:30 pm
Pshh, of course.
Everyone knows America's been around the globe (so to speak) quite a bit. ;]

(...Not too sure how England would feel about it, though...)  

poptart fuse

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:02 pm
It's kind of hard to answer this, actually. I mean beyond the crack answer. A feeling of "nationalism" is what makes a country a country. A feeling of belonging to one whole, as in we in America know we are American and have pride in that. But we also have pride in our states, better believe it. I guess that's why some people have "state-tans".  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:20 pm
*thinks about a multiple personality New Jersey-tan* ffffff....lol.  

imacashew

pungent reliquary

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:53 pm
I never thought of it that way.. Wow, America is a dirty boy. :c  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:32 pm
I'd really love to see a comic about the annexation of Hawaii or Alaska.

(Unless there are some already. If so, ignore this post. sweatdrop )

Cas_Angel_of_Thursday

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:37 pm
Alaska was sold, not annexed. By Russia. Not sure about Hawaii though.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:42 pm
Oh, right.
Russia would've never allowed a take-over.

KOLKOLKOLKOL...

And we totally took over Hawaii.
Native Hawaiians still hold a bit of a grudge about that.
sweatdrop

Cas_Angel_of_Thursday

No_Pun_Intended

Alien Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:01 pm
I live in Michigan. It's, like, a France-Canada-America love child. xD And I love it..
<333

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:07 am
x_LoveObject_x
Alaska was sold, not annexed. By Russia. Not sure about Hawaii though.
Hawaii was it's own independent kingdom ruled by the ali'i, or royals. After the islands were discovered, they gradually accepted western influences and were able to prosper. At one time Hawaiians were the most literate people on earth, the bible and newspapers being published in Hawaiian; Iolani Palace, the former castle of the royals and the only place in modern day where the Hawaiian flag is allowed to fly unaccompanied by the American flag, was one of the first structures to have electric lighting; Ala Moana, Hawaii's major shopping center, was the first to ever feature an escalator.

Hawaii also had rich, though limited soil, unique plant and animal life found nowhere else in the world, a supply of koa wood an sandal wood, a perfect location in the middle of the pacific to create a military base, and various other resources so many countries set their eyes on obtaining it. However, the United States was the one to act first, pro-US forces in the islands overthrowing the current and final queen, Liliu'okalani (which, from what I understand, basically involved them aiming armed vessels at the harbor and threatening to kill a lot of people if the queen didn't surrender). At first, the current US government refused to accept the take over, saying what the men who staged it were being unconstitutional when they did it.

Following this, a rebellion was held to bring back the old kingdom, but quickly squashed. Although Queen Liliu'okalani claimed to have had no part in it, the Americans imprisoned her in a second floor room of Iolani Palace (during which time, she composed several songs, including the famous "Aloha 'Oe"). She was eventually released and died without being able to take back her kingdom.

Eventually, America did take over the islands. If I recall correctly, how my teacher explained it was that once the royal family had died out, it would be impossible to return the islands back to the ali'i, and that other countries were going to attempt to take over Hawaii in it's current weakened state, so the US was pretty much "forced" to take over. Either take over a country or stand by and watch a European nation take it over instead; both choices suck.*

*This is laced with my opinions and mostly memories from what I learned during history classes. So it may not be 100% accurate.

In short, Hawaii is like America's adopted child. Bad men killed her parents, and he took her in so she wouldn't be taken over by France or Russia or someone.  

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

amusedandconfused

Interesting Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:12 am
Hawaii is, of all the states, the one that should be a "nation" of sorts, I think. She WAS a natioon once. She's like Sealand or Selchys and stuff, I suppose.

Also, I think the states are necessary. Why? The civil war! Or did America just get multiple personality disorder for a while?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:49 pm
::imagines America with MPD::

OH. GOD.

Himaruya-san!
Please do a Civil War comic!
orz

Cas_Angel_of_Thursday

amusedandconfused

Interesting Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:38 pm
I know, America with Multiple Personality Disorder could be funny as hell. On the other hand, I have my little ideas for the state-tans myself, but oh well.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:42 pm
keep on playing our favorite song,
i turn it up while you're gone.
it's all i've got, when you're in my head...

Oregon-tan. He's always dying of dysentry.

*ba dum pshhhh*

...and you're in my head, so i need it.

zawazawaii

amusedandconfused

Interesting Cutie-Pie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:53 pm
Ahaha! That's good. I'd like the idea of New York-tan. She'd be interesting. And yes, in my mind New York-tan is a girl! So are the obvious ones with girly names, like Georgia, the Carolinas, Florida, Arizona, etc.  
Meeting Room

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff