Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions
Cosplays for Wheelchairs Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:00 pm
Pup-kun
Hello! So I go to a ton of conventions in Los Angeles each year, and I have some coming up where I'll be in a wheelchair. I know a few characters who are in wheelchairs, but I'd like to know if anyone can help with suggestions^^ I could be male/female, seeing as I look androgynes (Either/neither gender) huhuhu =w= So I'd be happy to have some suggestions! 8D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:01 pm
iZanami-oKami
Pup-kun
Hello! So I go to a ton of conventions in Los Angeles each year, and I have some coming up where I'll be in a wheelchair. I know a few characters who are in wheelchairs, but I'd like to know if anyone can help with suggestions^^ I could be male/female, seeing as I look androgynes (Either/neither gender) huhuhu =w= So I'd be happy to have some suggestions! 8D

Hallo hallo! A wheelchair, hmm? Well I do have a few suggestions for wheelchair people, 2 are men and one is female.

The first two off the top of my head are Rufus Shinra from Advent Children, as he is in a wheelchair during the movie. The next suggestion I have would be Nunnally Lamperouge from Code Geass, she may be a more popular choice as Code Geass still has quite a large fandom in the states. The third one I can think of would be Faust VIII from Shaman King (only reason I remembered this one is cause I just finished reading the true ending of the manga XD).

If I have more time I can do some more research and get back to you for this.

@Crusnik: His paudrons? Hmm...It depends on if you are willing to try your hand at making them yourself. I can recommend a pretty well made tutorial for armor that just might do the trick if so. You can usually buy the materials for said armor making for around 20 dollars or so. What sort of budget are you working with, I can assist if I know more. :3

salsaplant

GO

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:02 pm
nerd-chan
**WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE FMA MANGA/BROTHERHOOD**

Pup-kun

HAVOC.
Seriously, if I saw someone doing wheelchair!Havoc I would 1. j**z in my pants 2. Take 4 million pictures 3. give them a giant hug and 4. proclaim them the coolest person in the history of ever.
DO IT DO IT DO IT biggrin biggrin biggrin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:03 pm
Frosted Muffin Cakes
@Pup: You could go as Professor X from X-Men! biggrin

I'm not really sure what to cosplay.
I'm already planning two--Sheena, from Tales of Symphonia, and a steampunk version of the Medic, from Team Fortress 2.
Beyond that, I have no idea.

I only have one current photo of myself, and it's... really strange.
Located here..
(Don't ask. It was day 3 of a 4 day convention, and literally the only photo I could find.)
I'm fairly curvy (as shown), and not afraid to show it off. I'm 5'6'' or so, in case that makes a difference.

Any ideas? I'm ok with buying wigs, crossplay, whatever. I'm into video games, anime, science fiction, general comic books... just suggest whatever comes to mind. If I haven't heard of it, I'll look it up, read/watch the series, and go from there. smile

Thanks.

Edit: Ooh, I have another idea for you, pup! Have you ever seen Elfen Leid? There's that terrifying little girl near the end of the series who's in a wheelchair. I can't remember her name, but that'd be really cool. I've also never seen anyone cosplay her before.

salsaplant

GO

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:05 pm
Loup de la Soleil
@ Muffin: LOL! I love that picture. I do not like the cone of shame!! XD

Chu could always borrow wigs from me since I'll be buying a few more and for other peeps, I highly recommend this online wigshop:
http://www.cosworx.com/home.php

I second the Professor X cosplay!

For odds and ends to slap onto cosplays I really like to scour garage sales and places like Ax-man that just have lots of random s**t. Ragstock and other trendy consignment stores are good starting places if you suck at sewing like me. razz

I'm always looking for suggestions on what cosplays to do next! Here's a pic:

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z220/Athena_kitty/DSC00996-2.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:06 pm
Komori-Chan
Pup-kun

I have one more, I doubt you even know what it is... >__>;;

She's a "small" girl from Mai Hime, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mashiro_Kazahana

(Oh and by the way. XD Following the link to my dA(and maybe taking a look at the list in my profile), who do you think I should cosplay as?)

salsaplant

GO

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:07 pm
Loup de la Soleil
Frosted Muffin Cakes

I'm not really sure what to cosplay.
I'm already planning two--Sheena, from Tales of Symphonia, and a steampunk version of the Medic, from Team Fortress 2.
Beyond that, I have no idea.

I only have one current photo of myself, and it's... really strange.
Located here..
(Don't ask. It was day 3 of a 4 day convention, and literally the only photo I could find.)
I'm fairly curvy (as shown), and not afraid to show it off. I'm 5'6'' or so, in case that makes a difference.

Any ideas? I'm ok with buying wigs, crossplay, whatever. I'm into video games, anime, science fiction, general comic books... just suggest whatever comes to mind. If I haven't heard of it, I'll look it up, read/watch the series, and go from there. smile

Thanks.

Edit: Ooh, I have another idea for you, pup! Have you ever seen Elfen Leid? There's that terrifying little girl near the end of the series who's in a wheelchair. I can't remember her name, but that'd be really cool. I've also never seen anyone cosplay her before.

I has another pic of Muffin!
It's here:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z220/Athena_kitty/DSC00897.jpg
She's the Misa on the left sort of in the middle-ish...
: 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:09 pm
Komori-Chan
Pup-kun

She's a "small" girl from Mai Hime, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mashiro_Kazahana

(Oh and by the way. XD Following the link to my dA(and maybe taking a look at the list in my profile), who do you think I should cosplay as?)

salsaplant

GO

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:11 pm
Pup-kun
iZanami-oKami
Pup-kun

Hallo hallo! A wheelchair, hmm? Well I do have a few suggestions for wheelchair people, 2 are men and one is female.

The first two off the top of my head are Rufus Shinra from Advent Children, as he is in a wheelchair during the movie. The next suggestion I have would be Nunnally Lamperouge from Code Geass, she may be a more popular choice as Code Geass still has quite a large fandom in the states. The third one I can think of would be Faust VIII from Shaman King (only reason I remembered this one is cause I just finished reading the true ending of the manga XD).

If I have more time I can do some more research and get back to you for this.

nerd-chan
**WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR THE FMA MANGA/BROTHERHOOD**
Pup-kun

HAVOC.
Seriously, if I saw someone doing wheelchair!Havoc I would 1. j**z in my pants 2. Take 4 million pictures 3. give them a giant hug and 4. proclaim them the coolest person in the history of ever.
DO IT DO IT DO IT biggrin biggrin biggrin

Frosted Muffin Cakes

Komori-Chan
Pup-kun

Ah, thank you all! ;A; Rufus, Nunnally, Havoc, Mariko (Girl from Elfen Lied), and Mashiro are possibilities. I might do Rufus if I can get so many buttons in time, since I hate sewing buttons D8 But those are all good suggestions you guys gave me, I'm happy I asked haha. I shortened the quotes somewhat since I don't want to crowd this post if I'm going to try and reply to every other post that asks for help xD I'm grateful to be in this guild for not only it's fun, but help! 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:47 am
Love the suggestions so far 3nodding You could also consider going in a different direction: doing something that doesn't allow you to walk normally. I saw the most amazing Ariel in a wheelchair, which I thought was so original, since she was the only one who could do the mermaid tail legitimately!

LadyArya

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100

harukokun

4,750 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:20 pm
salsababy2889
Pup-kun

they are both guys but you could go as

sora from Air Gear he's awesome

or as ryuto asamiya from History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi but it's after his fight with kenichi  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:18 pm
I have seen an awesome darth vader cosplay, where the chair was disguised as a ship. (will try 2 find a pic)  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

A Blue-Eyed Monster

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:23 pm
K master of flames
I have seen an awesome darth vader cosplay, where the chair was disguised as a ship. (will try 2 find a pic)

Was this the one? Flippin' sweet.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:42 pm
A Blue-Eyed Monster
K master of flames

Was this the one? Flippin' sweet.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
yes, yes it was.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:15 pm
I'm surprised I didn't see it suggested yet, but Nunnally from Code Geass. Sure the chair will need some work itself to look right, but it is an option. And you get the added fun of being BLIND! (unless *SPOILER!!!*You wanna do R2 Nunnally who can see and semi-walk)  
Cosplay Ideas & Suggestions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff