Submit

Bright colours?
  Eck
  YAY
  u spl fny (me: YOUR FACE)
View Results

Azusanga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:47 pm
...Can we please avoid posting in bright colours, like cyan and yellow? I have decently bad vision, and I need to take careful care of it (I have my dad's eyes, so to speak, he can't see red and his vision is 75/20 (maybe worse then), so my vision is pretty bad), or I'm going to need glasses much sooner. Yes, yes, a little strain, just one or two people, what's the big deal, right?

1.) It aggravates me to need to highlight every post just to read it, since I can barely see it in the first place.
2.) Lasik and glasses are expensive. Nuff said.
3.) I'm on here A LOT, I'm a very boring person, so it's not just one or two posts every few day, it's 6+ every day.
4.) When I'm on at my moms, the internet is crap. Who knows when it's going to fall out. (1 mbps is the average.) I don't want to spend 3 minutes hightlighting, freezing, highlighting, freezing, highlighting everything and then the internet fails.

And I know I'm not the only person who gets annoyed by BRIGHT colours. If you post in dark ones, fine, go ahead, you're doing fine. Yellow, Cyan, Orange, please find something else to post in.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:55 pm
BaBy LoVeS tO dAnCe In ThE D A R K

Thank you.
I have bad vision to.

'CaUsE wHeN He's LoOkInG sHe FaLls A P A R T

RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:57 pm
Ditto.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:03 pm
I have pretty good eyesight, but bright colors hurt my eyes...  

Lieutenant Shotgun

whatagirlwants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:00 pm
thank you for this. I have a scar on my left eye so brightness causes pain for me. I will clarify for those who do not understand.

okay
okay
okay
okay
okay
okay
somewhat okay
somewhat okay
somewhat okay
not okay
not okay
not okay
not okay  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:03 pm
I hate obnoxiously bright font, too. It hurts my eyes.  

Rei Uchikino

greeness

Super Junior

20,925 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Building the Army 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:15 pm
I tend to not be able to see bright blues. my green type is fuzzy to me sometimes, but its usually not too bad. I can't read bright colors unless my glasses are off, but I can't see the screen with my glasses off unless I'm only an inch and a half away *has way worse vision than 75/20... it hasn't been that good since I was ten XD *
add mild dyslexia to that combination, and it just doesn't work XD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:17 pm
Bright colors hurt my eyes. To read some posts I have to highlight the whole thing to read it. Its no fun.  

Anabethe

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:26 pm
May I add small print as well?
Most of the time I wont bother reading bright text as well as anything smaller than size 11.

Because I am using size 11, let me know if that's okay for you girls or not - I'm more than willing to change it if need be.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:04 am
O: Is this colour bad?
I dunno, I have decently bad vision (astigmatism + near-sightedness) but fonts never really bother me. To cope, I turn down the brightness on my monitor and turn on other lights in the room. I cannot even look at my computer if it's the only light in the room, it strains my eyes too badly. But my friend's mom only used the computer in the dark. I never really understood how she could do that. XP

Oh, and if the posts are in like, obnoxiously bright unreadable yellow... I figure I don't care /that/ much what the person's trying to say anyway. XD

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Azusanga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:14 pm
.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.
O: Is this colour bad?
I dunno, I have decently bad vision (astigmatism + near-sightedness) but fonts never really bother me. To cope, I turn down the brightness on my monitor and turn on other lights in the room. I cannot even look at my computer if it's the only light in the room, it strains my eyes too badly. But my friend's mom only used the computer in the dark. I never really understood how she could do that. XP

Oh, and if the posts are in like, obnoxiously bright unreadable yellow... I figure I don't care /that/ much what the person's trying to say anyway. XD

It's not as bad as cyan or orange, but if the font was a tad larger, it'd be a bit easier to read :3

And the last section has a good point XD

@Pawz: Good point. Being a quarter of an inch from the monitor isn't too good for you either. It looks alright.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:22 pm
I always use dark colors, so I'm good.  

Meth on Meth

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:25 pm
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
=/ Is this (my post) really hard to read? I hate neon, but I can read this fine, but maybe it's because I have relatively good eye sight.

I'm not opposed to change if it's causing someone actual pain, not just getting on their nerves.
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:41 pm
.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

I also will skip reading posts if they hurt me. That means I will simply ignore you if you use bright colours, small print, text talk/chatspeak/leet/etc, terrible grammar, or an extreme lack of punctuation. This way I only have to deal with the people who can actually communicate on a normal level. It is not a guarantee, but it does help me keep my sanity online.

As for your pink, it certainly could be worse. If I am very tired or already irritated, I will ignore you. I may also not read your post in the same detail as I would with a darker colour. However, most of the time I will read it.  

faretheewell

Eloquent Informer

swiftwaters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:45 pm
i hate bright ,small, or to big posts to! i say that we start a pettition, to get rid of the stuff.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff