Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
twilight vampires...are they really vampires? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

twivamps? true vampires or no?
  no
  yes
  maybe... i think... well...
  they sparkle! like goldz!!!!!1!!!11!!!1!
View Results

fire axel 08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:46 pm
i have been looking around and i have relised that the "vampires" in twilight are not vampires at all

1: vampires have fangs cullens do not.
2: vampires die in sunlight cullens do not
3 vampires hate garlic cullens invite bella for italian...that HAS garlic
4 vampires burn at silver cullens wear all sorts of silver.

any ideas on what the cullens COULD be?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:47 pm
Superhumans who happen to drink blood.
Kudos on the David Tennant signature.  

Mad Haru

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:52 am
It's true that they don't follow the usual stereotypical image of vampires that we know. But... maybe Meyer wanted to write a vampire story that stepped away from some of the vampire stereotypes. *shrugs* Hard to say.

Maybe they are distinct cousins of the vampires. Sort of like how scientists claim that chimps are our distant cousins... confused  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:06 am
id like to point out their are at least half a dozen types of vampires. some who are more powerfull then others, or have abilitys others dont.
but honestly their are to many storys of vampire storys.
i might add that some romance storys are romantasizing vampires in other ways then the twilight vampire does. equily as apealing to the scences of the opposite gender and such  

idiotic randomness

meeiji

Monster Ship

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:48 pm
You just noticed this now?

But I think they do have fangs.
I think Meyer was trying to follow the vampire trend that seems to be taking over the media right now,
And then instead of making them something scary (like the classics)
She made it into something 'elegant' and 'beautiful' instead.

It's a step away from Dracula,
But pretty close to a lot of modern Vampire Novels.
Since vampires don't exist, it's really just:
Which vampires do you like more?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:48 am
To work at this you have to ask what makes a vampire. Seeing as vampires are mythical creatures there are no set in stone rules on what makes a vampire. You can go back to old fashion vampire with fangs, cant stand sunlight, garlic, or mirrors. They would draw blood and drink it. That's just going around old school Dracula. Twilight vampires are very different but they still can be called vampires its just their own things. I just call them a horrible excuse for a vampire and was made for the pure enjoyment of teenage girls. I personally think my favorite type of vampires is the amelia atwater rhodes vampires. Sunlight doesnt kill them but it makes them a little week (that is the only fact I am unsure about its been a long time since i read the books), they do dislike the smell of garlic but you would too if your since of smell was ten times better then a blood hound, putting a wooden stake though their heart it would kill them but then again it would also kill you if you put a steak though your heart, and my favorite is that holding up a cross doesnt affect them not like a shape is going to repel anything. To answer the question 'Are they vampires?' the answer is it depends what you call a vampire. I personally do not view the twilight vampires as vampires.  

ZealTheDemon

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:53 am
I'd say that in a way, yes the vampires in the Twilight series are a different type of vampire unlike a lot of others.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:25 pm
say, anyone ever seen "the last man on earth"?

it is an old black and white vincent price movie which is essentially the original "I am legend" movie.

(the current will smith version of "i am legend" is the 3rd, i believe)

anyway, in this movie, the deseased living dead are refered to as "vampires", and are given some of the vampire weaknesses (garlic, sunlight, mirrors [cant stand to see their reflections, but do have them])

Basically they are zombies, and act like zombies, but this was made prior to "night of the living dead", and the "zombie" was not really a coined term yet.  

Master Azrael Reaper

JumpingMysterios

6,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:27 pm
Harujiro no Yorozuya
Superhumans who happen to drink blood.
Kudos on the David Tennant signature.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:19 am
fire axel 08
i have been looking around and i have relised that the "vampires" in twilight are not vampires at all

Well basically nobody knows what real vampires act or look like. So you dont know s any of that stuff. So dont say anything about it if you dont know what vamp. act like.  

xDiYukishixDi

the_next_spielburg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:35 pm
I once read a Hellsing Twighlight crossover in which INtegra's speculation of the twighlight vampires is that theres a difference between brittish vampires and american vampires.

Which was a good point, is Edward the first american vampire? But then I realised Angel from Buffy.... wasnt he american? well wait... no hes not. he just resides in los angelas, wasnt born there. Okay.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:09 pm
fire axel 08

I have a suspicion that they are Stephenie Meyer's wet dream.
I think it makes more sense that she just created her own blood-drinking mythical creature. We're supposed to be scared of the Cullens, but they really never are much of a threat and they never give Bella a reason to stay away.  

bePeterPan

Afi_Kino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Let_Darkness_Rise
fire axel 08

Well basically nobody knows what real vampires act or look like. So you dont know s any of that stuff. So dont say anything about it if you dont know what vamp. act like.

I'll tell you who does: Perhaps the guy that made the first literary reference to vampires? And I'm quite sure that he did not envision sparkling, teenage romancing, baseball playing pretty boys. But, I'm not just hating on Twilight, I don't think the vampires from 30 Days of Night were real vampires either... They were more like regular cannibals with superhuman capabilities...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:22 am
Sparkly fairies --> Perfectly explains why they frolick in the woods and can jump high... they have hidden wings  

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

princess Nana 20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:46 am
i say there not vamps if u want to see real vamps watch true blood  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items