Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
So Confusing, HRE and Chibitalia Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sebastian Enkayvidom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:27 am
There's one thing I don't understand about Holy Roman Empire.
I know that he broke up into many different parts, including Germany, so...does that mean that Germany is, basically, Feliciano's beloved Holy Roman Empire, only just a part of him? (Wow, what a confusing sentence...) gonk

Also, little Feliciano would always be made to wear a dress, so I was wondering if Holy Roman Empire thought he was a girl. (I sure hope not!) crying

I know that Feliciano knew that HRE was a boy, so does that mean that, since N. Italy also likes pretty girls, that he is bisexual? heart

I'm so confused!

It's kind of lame that I don't know so many things about my favourite characters... redface

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:12 am
From what I understand, HRE did think that Chibitalia was a girl.
As did Austria for a while.

As for Italy's sexuality, Italians are supposed to be the 'lovers', right? So I think in Italy's mind, gender doesn't really play much of a part. Maybe he's pansexual?

And Germany in fact being HRE all-grown up is a hot topic among Hetalia fans. None of us really know for sure since Himaruya-san hasn't said anything about it yet. We're only speculating at this point.

Like I said before, this is just from what I understand on these topics. I don't think Himaruya-san has comfirmed any of this for sure.
confused

Cas_Angel_of_Thursday

Sebastian Enkayvidom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:12 pm
Oh, I understand. That's pretty depressing. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:53 pm
Bear in mind, I'm SUPER new to Hetalia, and don't know very much about it except what I learned from the anime up to episode forty-something. sweatdrop  

Sebastian Enkayvidom

FeIiciano

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:04 pm
Woah-- We both use the same image in our signature!

But, from what I know, HRE thought Feliciano was a girl. And I'm thinking Austria and Hungary probably did, too. (How nobody was able to tell is beyond me. But that's the wonderful logic of anime, right? : D)

And Germany being HRE? Well nobody knows~
(Personally I hope not. -not a Ger/Ita fan-
Like it was said before, Himayura-san hasn't confirmed it. But he did say he'd give HRE/Italy a happy end, right? (I don't remember where I saw that, though.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:01 pm
There's been several hints towards Germany being HRE, and also a comment made about newer nations 'inheriting the memories' of older ones or something. I think even looks alone are too much to ignore, and the little comic with Italy talking to Chibitalia (yes himself) and then you see Chibitalia while Germany's holding him, reaching for him and saying "It's me!", which made me think that he recognized Germany.

I don't give a damn who wants to avoid the Ger/Ita pairing, in my mind it's one and the same with the HRE/Chibitalia pairing, just that they're grown up now. -Seen too many people either bash Italy or not like it just because EW OMG BOTH BOYS.- And it makes the Ger/Ita pairing even more sweet in my mind, because Italy can have his lost love back, even if Germany never remembers that he was/is HRE. I do hope its confirmed someday.

As for Italy's sexuality, considering he outright said "My first love was a man." and that he hits on women so much, he's bisexual.

*Also, Austria thought that Chibitalia was a girl, but Hungary knew he was a boy.  

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Da-cookiemonster499

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:48 pm
Yeah HRE definitely thought Chibitalia was a girl.

It's not 100% proven but it's been hinted that Germany is the grown up HRE. There's a whole lot of controversy w/ it but....the resemblance is uncanny and the Valentine day's strip showed a major resemblance in their personality towards love.

Honestly about Italy's sexuality....I don't think they guy even notices/cares. Knowing his personality....  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:24 am
You've all been very helpful! Thank you.

Personally, I prefer the idea of Germany being HRE all grown up because Italy loved him when they were children. It's very sweet.

Sebastian Enkayvidom

Luckybug76

Dapper Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:06 pm
The way I always saw things was that HRE thought Chibitalia was a girl, so that's why he fell in love with him/her. Chibi, on the other hand, has one of two things:

1. He was gay from the start
2. He was too little to realize that he was a guy (not sure if that's possible... but maybe...)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:16 pm
The entire concept of the Holy Roman Empire is a little scattered unto itself. The empire was essentially Germany territories all loosely joined together and protected the Catholic Church. As it began to loose power and declined after the Protestant Reformation and the Thirty Years War, it simply became known as the Habsburg Empire after the rulers of the territories. Prussia broke away from the empire and became its own country, and eventually, more powerful than the Holy Roman Empire. Eventually, the entire empire was destroyed by Napoleon Bonaparte.

Both Austria (who owned Northern Italy at the time) and HRE thought he was a girl. North Italy in turn, being deemed a girl from a young age, also thought he was a girl.

He's not gay, he's just very misled. He also seems to have no past memory of his childhood with HRE and neither does Germany (who as a child was HRE). The only countries who can recall the events are Austria, Prussia, and France.

It's alright, it is a very confusing subject.  

Dark_Passion_Poet

NosferatuGirl

14,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:09 am
If I remember correctly from my AP Euro class, originally, Germany was a bunch of individual countries ruled by princes. They all united under one ruler, and formed the HRE, which eventually included part of France, Northern Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Vienna, and some other countries. They had an electorate and that electorate elected an emperor. Eventually, they came to be ruled by the Hapsburgs out of Austria (I think. It's been a couple years). Anyway, countries started gaining independence, and the HRE dwindled. Napoleon and the French eventually killed it in the 1800's, I think, and it went to being the German Confederation. I think that was taken up by Prussia, and then the Germans ate what Prussia gave them, and became one big Germany. Well, it became a really big Germany until the end of WWI, when Germany was cut down to size (still bigger than they are today) and their king ousted. It then became the Weimar Republic, and was eventually seized by Hitler. Well, I shouldn't say seized, because he was elected. Anyway, I think it is highly likely that the HRE becomes Germany later on in APH. Why? Because the last of the HRE turned into what we now call Germany. And there you have it. smile If any part of that was wrong, you're free to correct me. As I said before, It's been a couple of years.

Just as a side note, I know my students are going to watch at least part of APH, or just read it, when I start teaching US History. I still have a few years to go, but I will definately do it. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:27 pm
NosferatuGirl

Just as a side note, I know my students are going to watch at least part of APH, or just read it, when I start teaching US History. I still have a few years to go, but I will definately do it. xd

ZOMG.
I know you. Hi, friend. =D

Also, I want to be in your class when you teach this! Would you let me enroll, even if I'm in my twenties at the time? ::pouts::

Cas_Angel_of_Thursday

NosferatuGirl

14,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:03 pm
xxSkinnyBearxx
NosferatuGirl

ZOMG.
I know you. Hi, friend. =D

Also, I want to be in your class when you teach this! Would you let me enroll, even if I'm in my twenties at the time? ::pouts::

I'll sneak you in through the back door. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:14 pm
According to my sister's (magical) history textbook, there was a German leader by the name of Luther that became the Holy Roman Emperor, so I'd say that's pretty substantial evidence that HRE is Ludwig.  

Luckybug76

Dapper Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:24 am
Luckybug76
According to my sister's (magical) history textbook, there was a German leader by the name of Luther that became the Holy Roman Emperor, so I'd say that's pretty substantial evidence that HRE is Ludwig.

...How the heck is that proof in the slightest? NosferatuGirl had points at least. And regardless of what history says, what's true is what the comics say in the end. Which is hinted, but not for sure unfortunately.  
Meeting Room

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff