Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply T3h Movie World
WORST MOVIE EVER Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hamster-Chan27

Sparkly Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:56 pm
Okay, we can spend hours on saying what our favorite movie is. So instead of spending hours of arguing about which movie you've watched so much that you know every single line, let's argue about the movies that make you wanna kill your hours cause you wasted two hours of your life that you never get back.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:44 am
Originally it was Legend of Bagger Vance, but last year I saw a movie that was so bad it was triumphent in its badness.
That movie is Coraline.
When I heard Henry Selick would be making the book Coraline into a movie, my reaction was, "Oh my gosh, they're gonna botch it."
I was right. The story was faithful to the book (with the exception of the added unneccessary character, Wybie), but in terms of character development, they were unfaithful. In the book Coraline is bored, clever, and actually likable. In the movie she's an unlikable brat! In the book, her real mother is sarcastic but sweet. In the movie, she's sarcastic and just as unpleasant as her daughter. Mrs. Forcible and Mrs. Spink are corky but endearing in the book. In the movie they're flat-out weird cougars. The drawing of Mrs. Forcible, Mrs. Spink, and Mr. Bobiensky were very crude and uncalled for. The only characters who were faithful in the book were the Other Mother/Beldam/whatever she's called, the Other Father, and Coraline's real father.
As for the movie in general, it quickly goes from creepy with slight enchantment to trippy insanity that is neither haunting nor magical. I thought the garden scene and the first dinner Coraline has with the Other Parents were wonderful and the part where the Other Mother turns into a spider was pretty sick, but the mice circus scene was weak, the scene where she's looking for the second soul when the pink hand and green hand grab her was trippy, most of the characters felt one-dimensional and empty, and just when you think the movie has ended, they do this thing in which the Other Mother's hand chases after Coraline in a desperate attempt to get her. At that point the movie just falls apart. The end (when it finally comes) was the most cliche, forced, contrived, put-together-at-the-last-minute ending I've ever seen.
I tried to like it, but the whole movie's just exhausting and unpleasant with a bratty, main character who by the time her good side starts to show, my sympathy for her was already out the window.
Henry Selick's movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas, is creepy but it never loses its magic and it never goes from creepy to insane and Jack Skellington is a very sympathetic character, as well as Sally and the Halloween Town people. Yes, Oogie Bogie is a nutjob and I don't like his musical number, but other than that the movie is dark, creepy, and fun. I somewhat liked it the first time, then liked it alot the second time. It's strangely enjoyable.
Coraline, on the other hand, is a movie that slowly loses whatever magic it had as the movie goes on and the flatly written characters makes it even worse. Unlike Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline is exhausting, not enchanting.
I guess the worst thing of all is it doesn't have any emotional center. It's just about this bratty little girl who hates her life and goes into this parallel freakshow version of her world and all this weird, trippy stuff happens and blah, blah, blah.
If you disagree, that's perfectly cool. If you think Coraline's the greatest movie ever made, that's cool, too. You're entitled to your opinion.
For me, this movie was basically a noisy, insane, over-the-top spectacle.  

Rosary16

Undead Superstar

Dangerous Flatterer

8,075 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:04 am
Jack O'Lantern. The movie sucked so ******** hard I didn't even make it twenty minutes past opening credits...totally gay.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:48 pm
batman and robin.
i love the batman movies, but that one was terrible.  

the_forgotten_thought

Rasha is alone

Witty Phantom

12,700 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:04 pm
Mall Cop, I liked some of it, but all the crap in it made it suck  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:52 pm
bolt completey BS  

Da_Kurlzz0502

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:52 pm
the_forgotten_thought
batman and robin.
i love the batman movies, but that one was terrible.

That movie was so off the wall I couldnt believe they made it. And I love Uma Thurman! Her talent was totally waisted in this movie.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:54 pm
Rosary16
Originally it was Legend of Bagger Vance, but last year I saw a movie that was so bad it was triumphent in its badness.
That movie is Coraline.
When I heard Henry Selick would be making the book Coraline into a movie, my reaction was, "Oh my gosh, they're gonna botch it."
I was right. The story was faithful to the book (with the exception of the added unneccessary character, Wybie), but in terms of character development, they were unfaithful. In the book Coraline is bored, clever, and actually likable. In the movie she's an unlikable brat! In the book, her real mother is sarcastic but sweet. In the movie, she's sarcastic and just as unpleasant as her daughter. Mrs. Forcible and Mrs. Spink are corky but endearing in the book. In the movie they're flat-out weird cougars. The drawing of Mrs. Forcible, Mrs. Spink, and Mr. Bobiensky were very crude and uncalled for. The only characters who were faithful in the book were the Other Mother/Beldam/whatever she's called, the Other Father, and Coraline's real father.
As for the movie in general, it quickly goes from creepy with slight enchantment to trippy insanity that is neither haunting nor magical. I thought the garden scene and the first dinner Coraline has with the Other Parents were wonderful and the part where the Other Mother turns into a spider was pretty sick, but the mice circus scene was weak, the scene where she's looking for the second soul when the pink hand and green hand grab her was trippy, most of the characters felt one-dimensional and empty, and just when you think the movie has ended, they do this thing in which the Other Mother's hand chases after Coraline in a desperate attempt to get her. At that point the movie just falls apart. The end (when it finally comes) was the most cliche, forced, contrived, put-together-at-the-last-minute ending I've ever seen.
I tried to like it, but the whole movie's just exhausting and unpleasant with a bratty, main character who by the time her good side starts to show, my sympathy for her was already out the window.
Henry Selick's movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas, is creepy but it never loses its magic and it never goes from creepy to insane and Jack Skellington is a very sympathetic character, as well as Sally and the Halloween Town people. Yes, Oogie Bogie is a nutjob and I don't like his musical number, but other than that the movie is dark, creepy, and fun. I somewhat liked it the first time, then liked it alot the second time. It's strangely enjoyable.
Coraline, on the other hand, is a movie that slowly loses whatever magic it had as the movie goes on and the flatly written characters makes it even worse. Unlike Nightmare Before Christmas, Coraline is exhausting, not enchanting.
I guess the worst thing of all is it doesn't have any emotional center. It's just about this bratty little girl who hates her life and goes into this parallel freakshow version of her world and all this weird, trippy stuff happens and blah, blah, blah.
If you disagree, that's perfectly cool. If you think Coraline's the greatest movie ever made, that's cool, too. You're entitled to your opinion.

I will agree to disagree with you on this one.  

rocksteadyandbebop

rocksteadyandbebop

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:00 pm
Transformers 2 and Ghost Rider. These are two movies that should not have been made. Transformers 2 felt like one big toy commercial. Ghost Rider should have been a darker movie similar to the Blade movie but instead it just came off campy.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:40 am
Legally blonde 2.
Spawn
Spider Man 2  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

pxxn

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:47 am
Transformers&transformers 2, god those where awful. I can't stand Michael Bay.

oh can't forget Mall Cop, it put me to sleep after the first 20mins =/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:00 am
2 years here and this is the first post ill do in the forum becouse some one have to say it first:

Dragon Ball Evoluti (Dragon $s%T! )

The most stupid movie maked.

Good old major actors for a Bad production. Pure publicity more than other thing haha rofl stare lol cool rofl  

Alexisxtreme

Rosary16

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:07 am
rocksteadyandbebop
Rosary16
That movie is Coraline.

I will agree to disagree with you on this one.

Like I said, if you liked it, that's totally cool. You are entitled to your opinion. We can agree to disagree.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:35 am
First post in teh guild!-Ghost Rider!
The acting SUCKED and the story was CHEESY!!

Xcharger

Generous Guildsman

the_forgotten_thought

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:47 am
rocksteadyandbebop
Transformers 2 and Ghost Rider. These are two movies that should not have been made. Transformers 2 felt like one big toy commercial. Ghost Rider should have been a darker movie similar to the Blade movie but instead it just came off campy.

wow, how could i forget ghost rider? i hate nicholas cage.  
T3h Movie World

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff