Reply It's A Girl Thing!
So Valentines Day.. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArrogantlySpiffy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:30 pm
To me, I've never really thought of it as a romantic day.

I mean, I know it is, and it's great for couples, but for me I've always thought of it as a day to celebrate everyone you love. Like your friends and parents and children as well as whoever you're with romantically.

And I've never really gotten depressed on valentines day not having a boyfriend, because it's a day about love, and I love plenty of people waaaaay more than I would some guy I was interested in at the time.

Your thoughts??
((also, my bad if this is in the wrong forum, I just couldn't figure out where else it would go >.<))

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:36 pm
all i want on that day is my boyfriend ^^  

i am dark rose

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:36 pm
--Anorexic beauty queen, with painted eyes so toxic...--

I do agree with you.
But see as more romantic.
I agree that family and friends should be included in the love-fest, but I see it as primarily romantic.

--...Flowers painted on her back, centerfold erotic--

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:44 pm
I see it as more of a romantic day.
And I see it also as a day to celebrate
the ones you love.

Seawicket

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:48 pm
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I see it as nothing more than a day when society tells you who ever gets the biggest flowers are loved the most.

I see nothing romantic and nothing signifying love. =/

((Though as a joke I'm considering buying my entire class, I'm in high school, the little cartoon valentines we all bought as little kids.))
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:24 pm
n0morenice
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
I see it as nothing more than a day when society tells you who ever gets the biggest flowers are loved the most.

((Though as a joke I'm considering buying my entire class, I'm in high school, the little cartoon valentines we all bought as little kids.))
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

OMG You should do it. XD

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

ArrogantlySpiffy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:50 pm
n0morenice
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

I still do that too xD  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:52 pm
[Small-Wisper]
n0morenice
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

I still do that too xD

As do I. x3  

iDorkosaurous_Rex

Break My Reality

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:53 pm
[Small-Wisper]
To me, I've never really thought of it as a romantic day.

I mean, I know it is, and it's great for couples, but for me I've always thought of it as a day to celebrate everyone you love. Like your friends and parents and children as well as whoever you're with romantically.

And I've never really gotten depressed on valentines day not having a boyfriend, because it's a day about love, and I love plenty of people waaaaay more than I would some guy I was interested in at the time.

Your thoughts??
((also, my bad if this is in the wrong forum, I just couldn't figure out where else it would go >.<))

i agree wit chu 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:07 am
Yeah, I feel the same way. I've never have a bf on V-day, I can't wait though!
I'm already dressed.  

Free_to_Dream

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:09 am
I don't think it's great for couples... or anyone, really. Why use only one day out of the year to let someone know how much they really mean to you? I do stuff like that every day.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:38 am
I typically celebrate the love with my friends. This year I have a boyfriend instead of spending it with my bestie like usual, it will be with him. Everyday is a great day to show appreciation though

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

Miss_Goku

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:51 am
Well to be honest with you I always found it a little annoying...I have spent the last few years with my boyfriend on Valentine's of course, but I've never really been that into it. o_o  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:30 pm
I have grown to dislike it more and more as the years go on, but I can admit that's probably because I'm jealous of those girls that get stuff showered on them by their boyfriends and I don't get anything.

But I really think it's an over-commercialized excuse for a holiday to sell chocolate, flowers, and whatnot. If you really need a pre-designated holiday to make you do something special with that someone then I don't really know what to say to you. I don't see why a holiday is necessary.  

Chichilla

Tipsy Raider

ArrogantlySpiffy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:29 pm
die kleine Fee
I don't think it's great for couples... or anyone, really. Why use only one day out of the year to let someone know how much they really mean to you? I do stuff like that every day.

I agree with you too a bit, but then you could say that for every holiday, like thanksgiving, you could say "why be thankful only on one day?"  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff