Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:08 am
i don't wanna start a big fight, but who thinks gaia should make baby bumps for the older female members?? like for women who have had a baby or are pregnant. i'm neither of those but i'd so get one if they made some. i thought we were gonna get something like that from the changling baby, but i was wrong. gonk
your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:09 am
I don't think it's a good idea...

It seems like it would encourage pregnancy to younger members. But, then again, that's just my opinion.  

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:10 am
I think it's a cute idea. I actually signed a petition for baby bump sort of items. Here's hoping the petition gets enough signatures.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:11 am
Hester Peche

It seems like it would encourage pregnancy to younger members. But, then again, that's just my opinion.

Hmm, I haven't thought of that. This is very true. Seeing as how a good portion of Gaia is made up of younger teens. They're very impressionable at that age.  

Rei Uchikino

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:18 am
Rei Uchikino
I think it's a cute idea. I actually signed a petition for baby bump sort of items. Here's hoping the petition gets enough signatures.
i think i signed one too, but i doubt we both signed the same one.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:20 am
Rei Uchikino
Hester Peche

Hmm, I haven't thought of that. This is very true. Seeing as how a good portion of Gaia is made up of younger teens. They're very impressionable at that age.

Yeah, I mean yeah it's a cute idea but... I don't like it when stuff like that is glamourized...  

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:39 am
Hester Peche
Rei Uchikino
Hester Peche

Yeah, I mean yeah it's a cute idea but... I don't like it when stuff like that is glamourized...

Especially considering there was that pack of school girls a few years ago that all got pregnant together.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:13 am
broken_bleeding_angel
Hester Peche
Rei Uchikino
Hester Peche

Especially considering there was that pack of school girls a few years ago that all got pregnant together.

You mean the one in Massachusetts?
If so, yeah. I can't say I'm from Mass without someone asking me if I knew those girls DX

Regina Cordium

Friendly Mage

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:15 am
broken_bleeding_angel
Hester Peche
Rei Uchikino
Hester Peche

Yeah, or they on like MTV or VH1 they have a show following teen mothers and their pregnancies and stuff...and they aren't showing much of the negative aspects...which worries me.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:17 am
Ohhh and there's this girl in my grade(she doesn't go to my school anymore, thankfully)who had a kid last March, I believe. Something like that.
Did I mention we're in 8th grade? neutral

Regina Cordium

Friendly Mage

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:19 am
Entei-Chan
Ohhh and there's this girl in my grade(she doesn't go to my school anymore, thankfully)who had a kid last March, I believe. Something like that.
Did I mention we're in 8th grade? neutral

Holy crap...that's insane.

I just read an article about a 9 year-old who gave birth in China.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:20 am
Honestly I don't think it will make younger girls go out and think, "I wanna be like my avi" and get pregnant. They are just pixels.

I do think that maybe if they did come out with this, they should name it something like beer gut or something. and have specific shirts that go with it.

I've signed a couple petitions for this item.  

Seawicket

Seawicket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:21 am
broken_bleeding_angel
Hester Peche
Rei Uchikino
Hester Peche

Lifetime Movie Network just came out with a movie about this. Pregnancy Pact. Did anyone watch this? I did, and honestly, it was a good movie.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:24 am
iCrickle
broken_bleeding_angel
Hester Peche
Rei Uchikino
Hester Peche

Lifetime Movie Network just came out with a movie about this. Pregnancy Pact. Did anyone watch this? I did, and honestly, it was a good movie.

I watched it with a friend. And it was really good.
But I heard that there wasn't even a pact. >.>

Regina Cordium

Friendly Mage

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:24 am
iCrickle
Honestly I don't think it will make younger girls go out and think, "I wanna be like my avi" and get pregnant. They are just pixels.

I do think that maybe if they did come out with this, they should name it something like beer gut or something. and have specific shirts that go with it.

I've signed a couple petitions for this item.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. Kids can't possibly be that impressionable.  
23. ✿ - - - Gaia Community & Tektek

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff