Reply 16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking
How to make kickass Ramen:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:02 pm
Maybe you already have your own little recipe for spicing up these infamous lunch noodles, or maybe you just eat them as they come. I'm gonna share my own little recipe to make amazing ramen. Try it; it's really good and fun to make 3nodding

You will need:

-(preferably) Extra Firm Tofu
-Ramen noodles, not in the cup. The kind you actually have to cook. I usually use Oriental flavour but i just did this with Chicken for lunch today and it came out really well.
-Sesame oil
-Rice Vinegar
-Soy sauce
-Powder Ginger and Garlic
-1 egg
-(Optional) Mushrooms, shiitake are good, some veggies, chicken, etc.

First, prepare the amount of water you need. Let it cook until you get it just before boiling. Meanwhile, cut up the tofu into small squares. The amount of tofu is up to you. Experiment! Get out sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, powder ginger and garlic. Get out your egg and crack it open over a small bowl. As the water comes to a boil, add in these ingredients. Pour in only a FEW drops of sesame oil as it's very strong, add in enough soy sauce so the water turns a little brown but not too much, a little bit of rice vinegar, and then sprinkle a little ginger and garlic. Not too much, but just enough to give it zest. As it boils, pour the egg in and stir it around, thoroughly breaking it up. It should then cook in small, broken up clumps. Also, if you decided to add them, pour in your chicken, mushrooms, veggies, whatever. Then, finally add your noodles. Cook them enough so that they're cooked but still firm. Like pasta, you want it to be 'Al Dente'. Soggy noodles are not fun. When it's all cooked, turn the stove off and move the pot to another burner so it can cool. This is when you add your flavour packet- depending on how much 'stuff' you poured in, usually you only need 3/4 of the flavour packet. If you want, especially with oriental flavour, add in a small spoon of peanut butter (think of peanut butter noodles. It's the same concept).

Serve, and enjoy!! 3nodding If you try it, be sure to tell me how you found it. Also, SHARE YOUR OWN RECIPE!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:03 pm
Sounds yummy. Try making those noodles with tai peanut sauce. Its very yummy and it has a slight kick to it.  

Matron Mord Sith

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:55 pm
Matron Mord Sith
Sounds yummy. Try making those noodles with tai peanut sauce. Its very yummy and it has a slight kick to it.

Be sure to try it next time you make Ramen smile Also experiment and build off of it to make your own. And yeah peanut sauces are good! I don't really eat them much when we order Chinese food but it's still good. That's where the peanut butter comes from. A girl from my Aikido class actually told me that. It was at a summer camp she was working at years ago (I didnt even realize she was from aikido even though I saw her often xD)  
16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games