Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:43 pm
[BRAINSTORM!]

[What do you think makes a good/healthy or a bad/unhealthy relationship?!]

Ok ladies!

I have an idea and fun activity for us all. And it's a learning one too. Quit your groaning and don't roll your damn eyes at me. D:< I will smack your damn eyes right out of your head child! D:<

So what's this "activity" you say?

Well I figured it would be fun for us to make a post saying one thing that you think makes a good/healthy relationship.

Why?

Simply because I want to make this a guide for all of your girls. But in order to do that we all need to know and respect what we each thinks makes a healthy/good relationship.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:47 pm
[RULES!]

1. Make one post saying one thing that you think makes a good/healthy or a bad/unhealthy relationship and why!

2. If you disagree with something someone has said then please keep it to yourself or discuss it with them in private. (Unless you find it truly offensive in anyway then please notify me via pm and I will speak with the person and act as your inbetween.)

3. No, "Just b-cuz" or Cuz I said so" reasons as to why you think that. I've never seen this as a good excuse/reason as to why anyone thinks a certain way of something, so please EXPLAIN why you do.

4. This is not a debate. Keep it positive and no rude or demeaning remarks to anyone, figuratively speaking or not. (i.e calling a woman a ho for what ever reason)

5. State YOUR opinion. I don't want to hear(quote) what your mother, friend or any other person in your life has to say about it. I want YOUR thoughts on it.

6. No posts are "right" or "wrong". Everyone has a different view.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:51 pm
[What makes a good/healthy relationship?]

aecatgirl

Good/healthy relationship:

Okay, I think that it is crucial for a healthy relationship to establish trust. To keep lines of communication truly open you need to know that you won't be judged for how you feel or what you think and you need to feel comfortable telling your partner these things. Have a clear understanding of what aspects of the relationship are to remain strictly between the two of you.

DeeDarling

Being able to accept your partner/mate whoever etc. as who they are and what they are, and not trying to change them. We all have some common ground that keeps us interested in eachother, but we also have dislikes and flaws. No matter what they are we should accept them, and move on because there are no perfect guys or partners. Every person we meet in life will have atleast one attribute that we dislike about them. And that's okay, as long as we don't try to change them which could lead to rip-tides in the relationship. No person is out of anyone's league, we are all equal as human beings and are all equally beautiful in our own way.

SilkTail
Good-healthy relationship:

I think that you should spend time with each other, and be involved with the partner. I do not mean to say "go to clubs and drink until drunk together". I mean, plan out activities in general, or go out to the park together once in a while.

This is important because it gives you a chance to connect, relate, and have fun with your partner. "Having fun" does not always means having sexual intercourse, or making out, or huggling under the quilts. It can also mean going to watch a soccer game together, talking to each other, and playing with each other (like tennis, or cards). Spending time not only strengthens your relationship with your partner, but friends and family as well.

HaWkGiRL
Trust also helps in a relationship, but the biggest thing is honesty. If you're partner trusts you, it doesn't mean jack if you're lying to them. Tell them who you are, what you think of them, and everything. If you don't, then it will cause conflict from both people in the relationship. It is necessary for both people to put forth the effort to keep the relationship going, but it is very essential to stay true to yourself. Show your partner who you are and don't be afraid to be yourself. It's important for trust to be real, not fake. If trust is fake, it will only cause a bunch of ridiculous drama that can easily be avoided.

I hope I explained myself well enough. =3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:57 pm
[What makes a bad/unhealthy relationship?]

-PrimaCzarina-
[[Bad/unhealthy Relationships:

Do not let your partner think that you're living depends on them being with you. This means saying things like "I would kill myself it you left me," or "I would be dead by now if it weren't for you," or any other statement that sounds like a threat to your life if he/she decides to leave. It is unhealthy and will lead to both of you being miserable.

((Note: This does not mean that your should keep suicidal thoughts to yourself. That would be a whole other issue.))
]]

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:58 pm
[Example]

Good/Healthy Relationship:

I believe that establishing communication all throughout a relationship is what helps makes/keeps it healthy. I believe this because with out communication you know nothing. You wont know if they're truly happy or sad and such.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:03 pm
[Reserved]

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

LyricalSoul93

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:42 pm
Can we post now??

...I don't want to be gutted like a fish blaugh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:42 pm
Lol yes it is open now. XD  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

LyricalSoul93

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:46 pm

Okay, I think that it is crucial for a healthy relationship to establish trust. To keep lines of communication truly open you need to know that you won't be judged for how you feel or what you think and you need to feel comfortable telling your partner these things. Have a clear understanding of what aspects of the relationship are to remain strictly between the two of you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:49 pm
That's a good one. I agree with it. Thank you. ^w^  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

-PrimaCzarina-

Fluffy Prophet

9,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:18 pm
[[Bad/unhealthy Relationships:

Do not let your partner think that you're living depends on them being with you. This means saying things like "I would kill myself it you left me," or "I would be dead by now if it weren't for you," or any other statement that sounds like a threat to your life if he/she decides to leave. It is unhealthy and will lead to both of you being miserable.

((Note: This does not mean that your should keep suicidal thoughts to yourself. That would be a whole other issue.))
]]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:11 am
Bad/unhealthy Relationships: Cheating stare  

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

dreamlikediana

Fashionable Cutesmasher

6,275 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Being able to accept your partner/mate whoever etc. as who they are and what they are, and not trying to change them. We all have some common ground that keeps us interested in eachother, but we also have dislikes and flaws. No matter what they are we should accept them, and move on because there are no perfect guys or partners. Every person we meet in life will have atleast one attribute that we dislike about them. And that's okay, as long as we don't try to change them which could lead to rip-tides in the relationship. No person is out of anyone's league, we are all equal as human beings and are all equally beautiful in our own way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:28 pm
Good-healthy relationship:

I think that you should spend time with each other, and be involved with the partner. I do not mean to say "go to clubs and drink until drunk together". I mean, plan out activities in general, or go out to the park together once in a while.

This is important because it gives you a chance to connect, relate, and have fun with your partner. "Having fun" does not always means having sexual intercourse, or making out, or huggling under the quilts. It can also mean going to watch a soccer game together, talking to each other, and playing with each other (like tennis, or cards). Spending time not only strengthens your relationship with your partner, but friends and family as well.  

ThornySinger

2,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:16 pm
Thank you ladies. ^w^

Lady Kira X: I need you to explain why in your post please.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff