View Results

Mikleo

Melodious Mage

13,425 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:29 am

I'm more impressed to NOT see a forum here. >>

Axis Powers Hetalia (more commonly known as Hetalia) is a comic strip/anime created by Hidekaz Himaruya. He created the series during his college days in New York City. Following the anime's release, he returned to Japan.

Hetalia is a satire of the world and it's wars, and then some. Mostly full of humorous moments and serious moments. The characters are primarily the worlds' countries in human form, adopting the personalities Himaruya-san observed. (As such, America is a character obsessed with cheeseburgers and trying to always be the hero)

Beginning as a Japanese comic, Hetalia quickly got a fanbase. And soon, because of translators, it was spread to the rest of the world, earning mixed reviews from 'the best thing ever' to 'an abomination'. The series still continues to this day.
Now that the anime has released, the fanbase seems to have grown. The series is currently at 5070+ 5-minute episodes AND a full hour long movie!

It's very easy to be offended by this series, but it's all in...questionable taste. The series has a humongous fanbase. And the series' many implied pairings has exploded due to the series' base with the wars and the countries' relationships with each other, be it Belarus' obsession with her brother Russia or Holy Roman Empire's affection toward North Italy in the Chibitalia segments. There are hundreds of pairings any fan can enjoy.

Now that I'm done talking, if you're an old fan/new fan/curious, what do you think of Hetalia? c:
I'm sorry if my information's not accurate...I did this off the top of my head, aside from the mixed reviews. Those were from my friends.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:11 am
I love Hetalia!!!!
specially Russia, Canada and Prussia ^-^  

ShushYourPrettyMouth

Mikleo

Melodious Mage

13,425 Points
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:29 pm

Those three are awesome. :'D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:58 am
I watched an episode and I had no idea what the Hell was going on.
Probably won't try again until an English dub is released, either.  

Letter-W

Shy Star

Mikleo

Melodious Mage

13,425 Points
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:38 pm

Here's the thing about the story Shadow, it's not supposed to make sense. The anime was wholly based on the 4-koma like manga.

Funimation has claimed rights to the first 2 seasons so, it'll be dubbed sometime.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:56 pm
User Image
I am aware of this. Thing was, I spent the entire team reading the subtitles. Now what was going on in terms of animation, I couldn't tell you. That's what I meant.
I like to watch it, not read it. confused

Ω

Letter-W

Shy Star

Mikleo

Melodious Mage

13,425 Points
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:46 am

It's alright. I was just trying to inform. :3
gg kinda went a little loose with the subs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:05 pm
i like
korea
japan
prussia
russia
north and south italy
canada
and
china  

SzayelChan

Lady Kyuubi the 1st

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:18 am
Italy is so cute... I like Japan too 3nodding

GO ESTONIA!! whee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:17 pm
User Image

I started watching Hetalia after hearing people talking about how horrible and racist it was. I was curious and wanted to find out for myself whether I thought it was really malicious or just off-colour humour. I quickly decided it was the latter. XD

Hetalia is so adorable and hilarious, I just can't help but love it. I LOVE the stereotype of America (And I'm an American so.... razz ) and I think that Italia/Holy Roman Empire are so damn cute together in Chibitalia. And I love how Italia is yelling "Doitsu! Doitsu!" every two minutes. XDD I just love it entirely.

Does anyone know what's up with gg lately, btw? I've noticed a lack of updates of Hetalia as well as Kobato for the past few weeks. o.o

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

kyra-san

Shirtless Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:05 pm
A friend informed me about this series a long time ago. Back when before /cm/ started making a gazillion threads and fangirling over it. I lieked it back then. My friends and I would have inside jokes and everything.
Ever since the anime came out, the number of fans has skyrocketed. I was pretty happy about this at first, but then the fans started being really obnoxious. Kind of pissed me off, and I'm not the only one. I know tons of people who started disliking Hetalia because of it's annoying fans.
Anyway, I'm a bit disappointed in the fans. They remind me of Narutards. :/

Still liek Hetalia though btw.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:26 pm
akdikfjhejkfdhdI'm so obsessed.
I just kind of wish the fanbase was kind of different, because now people hate it because of the annoying people who fangirl over it.

(I'll admit I may act like that sometimes...
sweatdrop )  

Happy Tragedy

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200

Mikleo

Melodious Mage

13,425 Points
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:08 pm

I dunno what's up with gg. They haven't been subbing and I almost want to believe it's because APH got licensed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:55 pm
I didn't really like Hetalia, since it didn't make any sense to me.
But I think you exagerrated a bit saying it had a "humongous fanbase", when it actually isn't that popular compared to lots of other animes.

x-Shadow Wind

kyra-san

Shirtless Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:35 pm
x-Shadow Wind
I didn't really like Hetalia, since it didn't make any sense to me.
But I think you exagerrated a bit saying it had a "humongous fanbase", when it actually isn't that popular compared to lots of other animes.
Sure, it may not be as popular as some other anime, but it's still pretty darn big. It's currently on it's 725th thread on /cm/. 725 threads. I don't think I've ever seen another series have such a high combo. /cm/ seems to shoot out thread after thread after thread. Like rabbits.
Also, the amount of fanart Hetalia has can easily outmatch many more popular series. Hetalia has so much fanart, it's ridiculous. (how else can they continuously make threads?)

It may not seem like it has a big fanbase, but I guess it depends on where you hangout. Wherever I go, there's always Hetalia fans, so I just assume that it has a giant fanbase of annoying fangirls/boys. *shrug*

tl;dr: Hetalia has ridiculous ammounts of fanart and a lot of threads on /cm/.

14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff