Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
Is he gay? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tangerine_Monster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:08 pm
Right, well I've got a friend (lets call him Bob), who one of my friends thinks that he is gay. This is pretty confusing for me, because
a) She has great gaydar,
b) I don't
c) I've asked him if he's gay before, and he says he isn't, but he's a pretty secretive guy, so he could be lying.
So, here's the evidence my gaydar-toting friends presented me. I was just wondering if you guys could give some input.
-He loves drama (both personal drama and acting drama)
-his favorite musicians are Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, McFly (british boy band) and Regina Spektor.
- He cares about his appearance (he tries to look like he's in a british boyband)
- All his friends are girls.
-he likes shopping
-he doesn't date. Although he claims that this is because he wants to wait until college. Which makes sense, because he does really care about academics.

Personally, I don't think it proves anything, but what do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:24 pm
Haha, that actually sounds eerily like a couple of my guy friends! XP But they're all straight. I'm friends with a bunch of the theatre kids, and they're straight D:
Honestly, that doesn't really prove anything, haha. Points 2, 3 and 4 all apply to one of my best friends, but he's not gay. (I catch him using his iPod touch as a mirror all the time! XD!)
And besides-- why wouldn't any guy like Lady Gaga? Hahah. She's hot! If I were a guy or lesbian, I'd totally dig her. XP

Besides, why does it matter if he is or isn't gay?

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:25 pm
Have you heard of the term meterosexual? Its a man who is very feminine but still likes girls. They take great pride in their appearance and may have feminine tastes in clothes and music. They are often mistaken for gay, because of the stereotype that gay men are feminine. Your friend could be a meterosexual, or maybe he is homosexual but doesn't feel comfortable discussing it with you.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:15 am
Maybe he's bisexual?

I dunno, but I keep on telling one of my guy classmates that he was gay (because he acts like thatoh and his nickname from me is Coco (-nut head, once he put a magnet on his head, then it stuck there! And because he's an idiot.) the Cheating (He tries to cheat on tests at the beginning of the year) Perverted (Accidentally touched on of my girl classmate's boobs; it was either him or my other guy classmate) Bisexual (explained in this post) Klutz (trips most of time.) with the Carpet Head (His hair feels like a carpet).), then, I found out that he liked a girl in our class (who I think turned him down because of his sexual orientation xD) and because of that, I call him Coco the Cheating Perverted Bisexual Klutz with the Carpet Head.

Oh and another guy classmate of mines acts REALLY gay. I mean, he frickin' t-bags people, most guys. (NOT LIKE THAT YOU PERVERTED FOOLS!) And another one, he's gay too, because you know one of those pouches that you open by taking out a button or something, then you pull it out and you get what ever you need from there?

That one. I think. Well, BOTH of those guys use that frickin' pouch as an 'extension' if you know what I'm talking about... -shivers in disgust-

And on their desks they always press their bodies in and out, repetivly.

And once when the first guy puts his head down-ish, and his hands are under the desk, and makes certain noises, yeah, my other classmate (he's not gay or bi) thought he was giving birth. I thought he was masturbating.

And you're wondering why this is related, look into the paragraphs.

So yeah, your friend is either bi or straight, not gay. And to check if your guy friends our gay, (this is to all girls) see if they do the things my guy classmate do... sigh... and I feel sorry for my best friend who sits on the same row as those guys (it's like this: Gay Guy 1 ; Gay Guy 2 ; Best friend) as the seating arrangement.  

Kizume-Chan

Tangerine_Monster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:07 pm
Thanks. I don't think he's gay either, but I was wondering if it was just because of my lack of Gaydar.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:15 pm
Don't take my word on this, but maybe. He actually sounds alot like my gay friend but that doesn't really mean anything I guess.  

The_Megal

5,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200

Muffin of Magic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:30 pm
User Image
Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness,heart, talent, guts...

I think that judging someone by their music and clothing styles, as well as being in theater (theater is not for gay people. I am in theater, and though I am bi, many of my buddies are straight - even going out with each other!), is kind of... Never mind. But it really shouldn't matter whether he's gay or not. He's your friend, he tells you that he's straight, good enough. :3 If you truly think that he is homosexual, signal to him that you are openminded and happy to hear his story. But, otherwise, he may just be a 'meterosexual', as a earlier comment put it.

...That's what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:13 pm
Muffin of Magic
User Image
Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness,heart, talent, guts...

I think that judging someone by their music and clothing styles, as well as being in theater (theater is not for gay people. I am in theater, and though I am bi, many of my buddies are straight - even going out with each other!), is kind of... Never mind. But it really shouldn't matter whether he's gay or not. He's your friend, he tells you that he's straight, good enough. :3 If you truly think that he is homosexual, signal to him that you are openminded and happy to hear his story. But, otherwise, he may just be a 'meterosexual', as a earlier comment put it.

...That's what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice.
Well to be honest a lot of gay men act very feminine. I don't know a ton of gay guys, but the ones I do know are either in theater, act very flamboyantly, take great pride in their appearance, or like "girly" music. The only real test of homosexuality is who a person is attracted to, but sometimes behaviors like this can be very typical of a homosexual man. No guarantee of course.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

Booty Popping

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:42 pm
metrosexual! chur friend is confizzled!!

anyways dont worry about, if he's gay, than you can write hot yaoi stories, if he's not then uh....write hot yaoi stories anyway!!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:32 pm
Well, if he's just your friend then it really doesn't matter if he's gay or not, does it? I mean, if you like him or something then that complicates it all, but otherwise then he's still your friend, no matter his sexual orientation, rigth? I have a friend who fits....almost all of those, except I know he's not gay because...well, I've seen the list of girls he's played for total fools and you know, glared at the hickeys on his neck. Yuck.. But then, in contradiction to that, I have a friend who is gay, except for the only one out of the list he fits is the cares about his appearence one. (Trust me. He's REALLY hot.) wink Haahaa, yeah. But I think that we should judge people on personality rather than that kind of stuff...just be his friend and he'll appreciate you so much for that!!  

viper_353

XxNicholeMariexX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:03 pm
Yes.. I have a gay uncle. And I go to drama sometimes, gay guys there. Yeah he is.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:35 pm
viper_353
Well, if he's just your friend then it really doesn't matter if he's gay or not, does it? I mean, if you like him or something then that complicates it all, but otherwise then he's still your friend, no matter his sexual orientation, rigth? I have a friend who fits....almost all of those, except I know he's not gay because...well, I've seen the list of girls he's played for total fools and you know, glared at the hickeys on his neck. Yuck.. But then, in contradiction to that, I have a friend who is gay, except for the only one out of the list he fits is the cares about his appearence one. (Trust me. He's REALLY hot.) wink Haahaa, yeah. But I think that we should judge people on personality rather than that kind of stuff...just be his friend and he'll appreciate you so much for that!!
No, I don't like him. But my (possibly) manic-depressive best friend does.  

Tangerine_Monster

Lustnmisery

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:08 pm
Kaiyle Brightblade
Have you heard of the term meterosexual? Its a man who is very feminine but still likes girls. They take great pride in their appearance and may have feminine tastes in clothes and music. They are often mistaken for gay, because of the stereotype that gay men are feminine. Your friend could be a meterosexual, or maybe he is homosexual but doesn't feel comfortable discussing it with you.

I agree with Kaiyle  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:50 pm
Kaiyle Brightblade

I have a gay friend, Jake, who really isn't girly, just sensitive and kinda outdorrsey. 8D So, thats true, not all gay guys are girly. :3 However, there is this really girly gay dude in the middle school building, so yeah there are both manly and girly homosexuals. XD

Wait... that definition... does that mean there can be female metrosexuals? Just wonderin. :3 (Tomboy=Metrosexual??) lol

LMAO, about your friend's psydonym (fake name... hope i spelled that right.) I name EVERYTHING Bob, includeing my English II class journal.  

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100

Queen of Peeps

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:20 pm
metro friends are the best smile  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items