Submit

Do you believe in ghosts?
  Yes
  No
View Results

gothangel12345

Invisible Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:15 pm
I have noticed throughout all my life the changes in my peers towards the opposite gender. I mean, sure, I've snuck a peek every once in a while at a guy who was hot and what not, but I've never been crazy about anyone.

Mostly all of my friends have had a boyfriend(s), but I've always been the thrid wheel, staring from the sidelines. I've had like two real crushes (since 1st grade to the 12th grade...) so imagine.

I don't consider myself ugly, but not attractive either. I'm short, chubby and look a total mess without any make up on. I know that I have low self esteem, but I try my best to change that. Honestly!

Here's an old picture of me, around a year 1/2 ago. I'm the one standing up with the OMG face because I was going to comb my friend's hair:

User Image

Please ignore that stupid expression on my face.

The only guys that I think get interested in me, end up being my best friends. I'm okay with that, but I dunno, isn't it about time that I start taking deep interest in guys? As in, finding someone who could be more than a friend?

(I'm straight, if you haven't noticed yet... just clearing that out.)

I'm 17, in my first year at College, and not ONE guy seems to be interested in me. My friends and family say that it's because I'm too mature for the guys that I've met so far, and that my personality is too... hm... sorry, I don't know how to say it in English. I guess temperamental would be the closest thing to what I want to say.

I have never EVER had a boyfriend. Whenever I meet someone new and the question of me being single pops up, I answer that I am single. It usually brings surprised and "REALLY?!" faces. It only makes me feel worse.

Is there something wrong with me? With who I am? I am not changing for anyone. If someone is going to love me, he has to love me for who I am, not for someone I'll pretend to be.

Some people say that I should just wait, that someone right for me will appear soon enough, but somehow, I don't see that possible. I just don't know what to think about myself anymore. I don't want to judge myself by the fact that I'm single, if that makes any sense.

I guess I just need some advice or support from other girls about this "boy issue".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:28 pm
You don't need a boyfriend, so don't worry about it.  

DJ Ria

X_xSin Falconx_X

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:16 pm
Do you show interest in the guys who seem interested in you? The ones who became your best friends, I mean. Because a lot of times you have to be REALLY straightforward with guys... They don't get subtle hints AT ALL... confused  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:52 am
I've never had a boyfriend, so I can't say that I don't need one. I've survived without one, but I'd like to try having one.
&
Hm, I guess not. I'm too shy to be very straightforward and flirty. I'm just myself... =(  

gothangel12345

Invisible Gaian

iYukiChii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:08 am
o .o i have a crush on a guy but he is already taken...i dont even want to say how long ive ben single  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:16 am
My suggestion to all, who are searching:

- take the time and write down in detail, how he should be
- read these notes and search for hints, where such a boy most probably would be found
- talk with the people there and find out, who fits your description most  

Indy1969

Excitable Strawberry

22,275 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Healer 50

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:57 pm
First off, I think you are very beautiful.

Second, no one needs to be in a relationship. To be honest, relationships take away from studying, time with your friends, and personal hobbies. If you really love someone that will all seem worth it to you, but you shouldn't feel too eager to give up your alone time.

Third, teenage guys are not perfect. Some of them are jerks, and some of them are shy. The most brazen guys who are skillful in expressing their feelings and asking girls out are very often only interested in sex. As a mature girl with respect for her body, you wouldn't hold too much interest for them. Believe me, thats a good thing. The ones with a deeper interest in a true relationship probably don't have as much experience in communicating their feelings. I'm sure there's been more than one guy who liked you, but was too shy or felt too awkward, and so you never found out. Maybe he became your friend instead.

Fourth, people who act surprised that you are single aren't trying to be rude. They're trying to pay you a compliment. It's meant to be taken like, "Oh a beautiful, smart, and nice girl like you doesn't have a boyfriend? No way!" Its not something to feel bad about. Its just a poor way of trying to say you are attractive and an ideal girl to go out with.

In short, there is nothing wrong with you. If you met someone you REALLY wanted to go out with, then you should try and make him your boyfriend. But other than that, don't stress about it. Enjoy your time being single where you can make your own schedule. Mostly, be glad that you are not like the dozens of other girls on this subforum who are upset because of break ups, cheating, or crushes who don't like them back. You really don't need that heartache.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:31 pm
Kaiyle Brightblade
First off, I think you are very beautiful.

Fourth, people who act surprised that you are single aren't trying to be rude. They're trying to pay you a compliment. It's meant to be taken like, "Oh a beautiful, smart, and nice girl like you doesn't have a boyfriend? No way!" Its not something to feel bad about.

Hey, that was what I was going to say! ><
Eh. I have to say that's what I think. ^^

Darkest Strawberry Angel

Arashi Erina

Ruthless Hunter

17,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:41 pm
If only I could be strong enough
To see that it's over
I wish I never loved you...
Hey, I'm 18 and never had a boyfriend either, so don't worry about it! Like my mom always says, try to be friends with everyone, not date everyone.
Cause you were suppose to be coming back to me
Where are you now?
I should've known better

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:58 pm
You don't NEED a boyfriend. It's good to be just friend C:

I think your really pretty btw :3
If I looked like you I would be VERY thankful, >...<

w u u b i e

Xx_Rawr_Dino_xX

Fashionable Star

1,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:45 pm
i agree w/ firefluf your really pretty >.<  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:04 pm
To be honest, I thought I was going to stay single for the rest of my life as well--simply because I just never took interest in guys (nor girls). I thought something was wrong with me. I would see an attractive guy and just admit to myself that he's handsome, but that was it. I never liked a guy enough to daydream about him or to want to date him.

I kept thinking that way until I dated my first boyfriend, who I'm still with now. Neither of us were looking for a significant other...we just kind of "happened." It'll naturally come to you when the time is right, so you shouldn't spend too much time thinking about this.  

HuoXingC

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Tsiklop

Dapper Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:11 pm
User Image

I've never had a boyfriend, either. Of course, I'm only 16, but there were girls in my class dating back in 5th grade. If you could call holding hands on the playground dating. I like to look at it as there being nothing wrong with me, but with everyone else, a fact supported by popular culture.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:58 pm
Thanks for the support... and compliments >////<
I guess I just need to be patient. It's not that I NEED a boyfriend, but it's just that I feel that there must be something wrong with me, if everyone else has (or at least had) one by now.

Still, its true. I love my alone time, and I think I'm not ready to give it up just yet. lol  

gothangel12345

Invisible Gaian

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:19 am
Also, the later in life you start dating, the more mature you and your partner will be. That means your first relationship will be much better, and you can remember it fondly. Can you imagine if your first relationship was so diluted with middle school drama that you couldn't look back on it happily? You'd lose something.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff