Submit

Does it seem like he likes me?
  Yeah, it looks like it.
  Maybe
  No, not really.
View Results

Fatgirl and Robin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:55 pm
Ok, so I have a friend, Josh, who I've had a crush on almost all year, and I was finally starting to not like him like that..but now he's acting different then before. Before, I'd give HIM the hugs. Now I'll be at my locker, and he'll come up behind me and just hug me/squeeze my shoulder, and then walk away after saying "Hi." I've never seen him do that with anyone else.
Then, on one of his blogs, he mentioned a girl he's liked for a while never staying single for more than a day (so I know it wasn't me, since I've never even had a boyfriend xD), and when my best friend Savanna and I mentioned it, he said it was Kaitylin, but he quickly changed the subject, saying it was 'built up frustration from sixth grade'. Ugh! I'm about ready to ask Savanna to ask him if he likes me.
What do you guys think? Does it seem like he likes me? Or is he just being friendly?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:23 pm
User Image
It seems like he might like you.

But don't ask your friend to ask him if he does. Sometimes having someone relay the message between people makes one of the parties wonder if they really mean what they say then, since they are not hearing it directly from that person.

I think you should just go up to him and say something along these line;

If you like him back - "Hey, I know we've been friends for a while and I want you to know that if you ever have anything you want to say to me, I'm hear to listen." It doesn't put much pressure on him, since you're not asking him to tell you anything directly, but it gives him the option that he can talk to you when he feels up to it, which is a comfort.

If you don't like him back
- "Hey, I just want you to know that I really appreciate you being my friend and I hope nothing comes between us" Establishing that you look at him as a friend is a bit of an easier way to let him down gently without him asking you out.

Ingou

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Fatgirl and Robin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:51 pm
I do like him. But I don't want to seem weird. It's just not like me to say that kind of thing. I used to flirt with him a lot, but he's been absent, and I don't have any classes with him, so I rarely see him anymore, so that's why I started to try and not like him. He was absent up until lunch today when he randomly showed up and I like, tackled him.
Anyway, his birthday is this Friday. Is there anything I could get that might imply I like him, but I can pass off as a just-friends present if he doesn't like me back? Or should I just get him a video game, since he's a huge gamer?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:13 pm
Go for it before somebody else does and than you will be kicking yourself for losing your chance!  

Tyler Lily

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:26 pm
It could go either way. The best present that tells someone you might like them is something thoughtful that they will really enjoy, or something that reminds him of a memorable time you spent together.

Or you could take him out to a birthday dinner with just the two of you, and see how things go. Thats the sort of thing that can be just friendly, but if he likes you back it will quickly turn into a date.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:49 pm
User Image
You could always make him something to eat, like cookies, cupcakes, etc. A lot of guys like food. ^^

The thing about gamer people is that it's hard to know what they want unless they tell you, and even then someone else might get it for them, so one of the copies would be taken back.

You could just ask him if there was anything special he wanted for his birthday. He might be really honest and hint towards something that only you can do, such as draw really good or give really good hugs.

Or you could kiss him on the cheek~ ;3

I think next time you are at school, you should try to ask where he is and when you find him, give him a big hug or maybe cover his eyes and say "Guess who!" If it is totally out of your box, you don't have to, but if you give a guy a bit more attention, sometimes they pick up on it.

Ingou

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Fatgirl and Robin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:00 pm
Well, I got him a video game and a card, and he said the game looks awesome, and the card was funny [it was one of those talking cards with the bunnies that are on crack].
Anyway, he went to find my friend Brianna, who's normally with my friend Diana (if Diana's not with Brianna, she's with me). A little bit later, Diana texted me asking if I still liked Josh. I told her I did, and she told me to ask him out. I swear she knows something I don't...After pestering her about this, she said that 'since he's in a good mood since it's his birthday tomorrow, and he doesn't like anyone right now, it's the perfect time' uh wut? I smell lies. And then in 4th period, when I mentioned this to Brianna, she was like "I told her not to!" but wouldn't go into further explaination.
I'm so confused.
o-o  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:14 pm
momo the strange you shoudl ask him- i know its scary but sometimes guys are just as scared as we girls are about rejection. If he says no don't let it bother you, he may feel different at a later time;.  

Shala livid

8,240 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Ingou

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:40 pm
User Image
I would say to go ahead and ask him.

I mean, it's better to find out this way than to go through all the "Does he like me? Why hasn't he asked me out yet" and other confusing issues that come with dating.

Say something like "Hey, I don't mean to put you on the spot, but I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out some time."

If you feel like it, you could add in "Not as friends" or "just as friends" depending on how he responds, since some boys get kinda' weird if you cross the "just-friends" line, even if they do like you back.

I'm sorry if anything I'm saying doesn't help at all >_<

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:20 pm
go for it!!! and dunt do wat i do, i mean really i have everthing planned out perfectly~~ but then... im too chicken or shy to do it!!! so im just left there in my fantasies wondering if he really does like me, even if like about 20 other people say so. =[  

Slightly Dorky

Samiesha

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:01 pm
Maybe he likes you AND this other girl. It's possible.
It sounds like he is getting over her though.

So let's get this straight: You like him, you would make playful contact with him, but since it wasn't going anywhere, you have backed off and are moving on.
Now, he is suddenly doing something he never did before: HE'S going up to YOU and continuing what you always initiated but have stopped doing.
That's such a guy thing! I think he likes you back.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:11 pm
WELL, today I went and gave him a hug before 5th period (which is right after lunch, so my friends and I were taking our time), and like, I was pulling away, but he kept his arm around my shoulder. I, of course, let him, but after a few seconds he pulled it off. Then in the halls after sixth, I saw him and ran over to him, and he put his hand on my shoulder (no, I wasn't have a breakdown or screaming or anything. He just did it).
So, now I'm like, "You know what, if he doesn't like me, I think I have a right of kick his a** for all this FLIRTING AND LEADING ME ON." So I've decided that tomorrow I'm going to tell him I have a crush on him. Totally nervous, of course, but hopefully, I'll keep this resolve...Wish me luck!  

Fatgirl and Robin

Swervey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:11 pm
I might be too late but GOOD LUCK!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:09 pm
I decided not to do it.
*shot*
But it's like, I was planning on telling him on Wednesday, which was a VERY important club meeting, and I was nervous enough (btw, I'm going to be an officer next year. Ohjeez. o-o)
Then I was like "I'll do it Thursday." I decided not to, yet again, because Wednesday was a a horrible day, and today was pretty shitty too. I knew that if he rejected me, I'd probably call my dad and tell him to get me an early dismisal, then go home and cry all weekend. xD STRESS IS NOT FUN.
So I've decided to put if off until everything has calmed down with my friends, so if he DOES reject me, I have some stable minded people to comfort me.  

Fatgirl and Robin

eccentricanomaly

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:23 pm
It's possible, but a few of my guy friends act like that around me, yet they all have girlfriends. ::shrug::  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff