Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
Parasite eve Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Runner4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:52 am
Has anyone heard of Parasite Eve? It is a RPG made by Squaresoft.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:05 am
Oh hell yeah!! I love that game!! Eve is so creepy, yet strangely captivating!!  

Darkness Wizard

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:52 am
i never played the first one (i watched a few people play it), but it looked great. i absolutely loved the second one, although i never beat it...i need to keep an eye open in local stores to see if i can find a copy in good condition.

i loved the weapons system and the graphics were beautiful for ps1. squaresoft can do no wrong (i wish i could say the same for enix)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:10 pm
Just so you know, the gameplay of PE1 and PE2 is totally different. PE1 is more like Vagrant Story with the gridded sphere as your attack range, whereas PE2 plays more like the RE series. And quite a number of people feel that PE2 is sub-par compared to the first one. And the atmosphere of each game is pretty different too. PE1 feels kinda like Silent Hill, as in it uses music and visuals to create that horror atmosphere, while PE2 relies on violence, like RE and Dino Crisis, to create the horror feel. I didn't finish PE2, because of the RE type control, but PE1 is a must-play.  

Darkness Wizard

Julep

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:45 am
i think they took it out straight from RE games.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:52 am
But I Still think it rocks! I dont know, its something about the storyline that makes me feel like im in X-files or soething eerie-aliean effect  

Julep

Teddy Tibbers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:28 am
no......can you post some pictures, maybe i ccan recognize, might have seen it when i browse through the game scetion of .........various stores......  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:08 pm
^ sure, here you go:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

shawchert

Invisible Shapeshifter

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:04 am
This was quite an intereting game, i played it till my brother took off and sold it -_-  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:54 pm
I want that game...I'm still trying to find both PE 1 and 2. Anyway, I think the girl name Namine from KH2 looks like Aya.

t(0.0t)

chaos.ultima.mage

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:19 pm
that is rather interesting. since she's a Squaresoft character, it's legal, so i wouldn't be suprised.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:18 am
i just recently found this game in my sister's room, which is really weird because she has always abhored video games. it wont play in my ps2, but i still got my ancient ps1 which it works just fine in. yeah this brings back memories. also found ff5 & 6 as well as crono cross in there. ahh yes those were the days before ps2....  

Owenlars2

Owenlars2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:19 am
oh shoot also wanted to mention that in japan they made a pe movie htat was supposedly really good, though i have not had any luck in finding it translated.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:00 pm
And in case anyone didn't know, the original Parasite Eve novel from Japan has been translated and should be on sale here in North America.  

Darkness Wizard

Zarloft

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:57 pm
the origional novel which was sold in Japan took forever to get translated here but the movie based on the novel in japan never came to America. The games were based on the novel but were more like the manga that was made after the novel.  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff