Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Do people usualy say or spell your name wrong? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

are you going to tell us your name?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

ReyEssa Catastrophe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:50 pm
my name is ReyEssa. with the capital E in the middle. my mom thought the capital would help people say my name but that was a fail.

my name is pronounced Ree-ehh-saw  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:57 pm
Your talking about real name right? If so mine is Dylan and everytime i have a substitute teacher they always pronounce my name Die-lan instead of the proper way.  

St33z

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:59 pm
Usually its my last name people get wrong and it is werid to me they dont get it right.

Williams usually they miss one of the L's or the S on the end.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:39 pm

My name is Mai (My)

I've been called Mia, May, Maya, Me(Which I don't even remotely see), and various other things..
It's awkward, because whenever someone calls out the name "Maya", I automatically turn and discover that they were actually calling out someone else...

[Comic.Explosion]
Vice Captain

Gracious Guildswoman

ReyEssa Catastrophe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:36 am
mai. that is a pretty name. i would deffinently say it like may if i saw it and never heard it.
i like it =]  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Why thank you smile
Your name is pretty as well, is it a cultural name or?

[Comic.Explosion]
Vice Captain

Gracious Guildswoman

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:29 pm
People keep misspelling mine,how does one misspell Samantha? ~reason why I had people just put Sam on papers~ :/  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:24 pm
i'm in the process of changing my name. in the meantime, i write my new name in japanese whenever i sign something. but when the time comes to sign my current name, in english, i have a tendency to misspell it =____=;  

Chocofreak13

Aged Gaian

10,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Hygienic 200

beaulolais

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:07 pm
people always say Joanne

or Joan

or even Johanna

but they hardly ever say "Joanna"!

is it so very hard, people?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:23 am
Oh my gosh... I have this problem all the time and it has gotten past the point of being annoying. My name is Jonathan. People have tried spelling it Johnathan, Jonathen, Jonathon, Johnathon, Johnathen, etc... but they have never tried to spell it Jonathan. Is it really that hard to figure out how to spell it the right way? If they can't figure out how to spell it on their own, then could they at least just have me spell it for them? It is really just that easy. I wouldn't get upset if they just admitted that they had no idea how I spelled my name and asked me to spell it for them.

(Oh yes, I don't like being called Jonathan unless it is by family members or school councilors. I am JJ to a few and John to most. Then again, I love being called Sarge.)  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

beaulolais

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:57 am
Sergeant JJ
Oh my gosh... I have this problem all the time and it has gotten past the point of being annoying. My name is Jonathan. People have tried spelling it Johnathan, Jonathen, Jonathon, Johnathon, Johnathen, etc... but they have never tried to spell it Jonathan. Is it really that hard to figure out how to spell it the right way? If they can't figure out how to spell it on their own, then could they at least just have me spell it for them? It is really just that easy. I wouldn't get upset if they just admitted that they had no idea how I spelled my name and asked me to spell it for them.

(Oh yes, I don't like being called Jonathan unless it is by family members or school councilors. I am JJ to a few and John to most. Then again, I love being called Sarge.)

well i at least shall properly remember you; my brother is Nathan, so i just add a Jo just like my own name.

Aren't i clever?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:24 pm
beaulolais

well i at least shall properly remember you; my brother is Nathan, so i just add a Jo just like my own name.

Aren't i clever?

That is very clever of you. I wish that more people were clever like that.  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

Expal816

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:25 pm
My Name Is Bradley. ppl mess up and call me Brandon, Brady, Brandley, Stanley, Peter, and Charles.

...and frequently!!!! gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:09 pm
My real name is pretty common. I've never known someone else called Malakai though. It's usually just shortened to Mal.  

Technicolor Tragedy

ReyEssa Catastrophe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:39 pm
[Comic.Explosion]

Why thank you smile
Your name is pretty as well, is it a cultural name or?

my dad actually thought of it when he heard about some russian presidents wife on the radio. her name was Raysa. its just purley super duper american =P  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games