Reply It's A Girl Thing!
Boobquake!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felicitystar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:52 pm
So recently a Cleric from Iran named, Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi, made this quote:
"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes."

WTF?

This is so absurd I don't even want to believe that he truly believes this. This is just another reason to blame women for something they have no control over.

To counter act this a Purdue University senior, Jennifer McCreight, decided to prove to him that women do not cause earthquakes. She created a day known as Boobquake.

She's asking women to dress immodestly on Monday, April 26, so that any discernible effects upon the Earth's tectonic plates can be traced.

Though dress immodestly with what you're comfortable in. Showing a little ankle can be considered immodest to some people.

So April 26, 2010 is Boobquake!!

Are you participating?
What do you think of this whole situation?

I hope to take pictures soon. The ladies are seeing a little more then usual today and I put up a sign in my car window that says "I CASE EARTHQUAKES!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:11 pm
I'm so joining this...  

RosesFallingLikeRain

Desirable Businesswoman

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Full closet 200

u nd i

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:15 pm
Felicitystar

"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity"

He got it right up to here, in my opinion.
But earthquakes? lol  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:49 pm
While I do think that today's sexually charged atmosphere contributes to immoral behavior in both sexes women certainly are not the only ones to blame. This guy is just trying to find someone else to blame other than himself for his dirty mind.

If God were to punish mankind by raining down fire and brimstone on the earth I'm sure it would be due to the actions of BOTH sexes.. and certainly not for women showing a little cleavage.

As for participating in Boobquake day.. No, I wont be partaking in any flesh-exposing activities until later this evening when I take my daily shower. xd  

Stostina

Denkou Soshiatae

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:10 pm
u nd i
Felicitystar

"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity"

But earthquakes? lol

Jsut because women dress in what others (OTHERS, beging the king word. PLease note that this whole thing is based off of a woman not living up to another person's standards.) would imodest clothing does not mean that they "lead young men astry and ruin their chastisy". A girl does not physicaly PULL a boy's eyes away from a Math book or Bible, and it is CERTAINLY not the girl's fault for the boy's lack of virginity. If he wanted it, that's fine. If she wanted it, THAT"S FINE.

So in my eyes, you're wrong. He didn't get it right up to there.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:25 pm
Denkou Soshiatae
u nd i
Felicitystar

But earthquakes? lol

Jsut because women dress in what others (OTHERS, beging the king word. PLease note that this whole thing is based off of a woman not living up to another person's standards.) would imodest clothing does not mean that they "lead young men astry and ruin their chastisy". A girl does not physicaly PULL a boy's eyes away from a Math book or Bible, and it is CERTAINLY not the girl's fault for the boy's lack of virginity. If he wanted it, that's fine. If she wanted it, THAT"S FINE.

So in my eyes, you're wrong. He didn't get it right up to there.

Haha, sorry for stating my opinion.  

u nd i

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:52 pm
So we sailed on to the sun,
Till we found the sea of green...

User Image
[ ^ to me it sounded like she meant that it made sense up to there, not that it was correct up until there. and there are some women who do that on purpose. but also men don't have to be distracted and look like pervs, so it really depends on individual encounters, i think. P: sorry for getting involved, i just thought i'd share my opinion while they are floating around here... ]

Oh god. That guy does not make sense. At all. I think he does just want to blame women for something. :/
It is [ might be ] his belief, but it's just so... ridiculous!
I'll wear a dress on Boobquake day. That's immodest enough for me. Dresses are gross.
And I think it's a great idea.
Ha, men. Ha.

And we lived beneath the waves,
In our yellow submarine.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:29 pm
[~+~]

I have to admit, i lol'd when this made the news on Radio 1 this morning.
x3

I was very surprised.
But no earthquakes that i know of.

And does it count if i leant forward a lot (unintentionally at the time might i add) and accidentally exposed some of my lack of cleavage?
;D

User Image

Empty Spiral

asjgrjkshvfgjkhs

Shadowy Shapeshifter

4,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:59 pm
sigh
Felicitystar
So recently a Cleric from Iran named, Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi, made this quote:
"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:17 pm
Empty Spiral
[~+~]

x3

I was very surprised.

And does it count if i leant forward a lot (unintentionally at the time might i add) and accidentally exposed some of my lack of cleavage?
;D

User Image

User Image

Only if you do it on purpose. ;P
I just thought of something... wrong. And it probably doesn't make sense.

He's probably only saying that because he's weak and womens make him have earthquakes in his pants.

In our yellow submarine.

alienli

Friendly Tipper

DaisyHeadCasey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:28 pm
omg wtf??? STUPID STUPID IRANIAN!!! Even tho u get shot in ur country if u wear a tank top doesnt mean it causes EARTHQUAKES RETARD!!!!!! scream  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:32 pm
My entire college campus (female population only, obviously) participated in this event.

Coincidentally, there was a VERY minor earthquake in Taiwan that same day. I'm currently in a Geology course focused on natural disasters and earthquakes do occur every day, even big ones, it's just that no one reports on them when they occur in unpopulated places which is why might seem like something really strange is going on with all the earthquakes recently.  

Nicky Cade

Muffin of Magic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:44 am
╔══════════════╗

☞ In some Middle Eastern countries, women have to cover their entire body (except eyes), while men can wear extremely tight pants. Uh, what about our "chastity"? ☜

╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:48 am
Lucid Phantasm
Empty Spiral
[~+~]

x3

I was very surprised.

;D

User Image

User Image

Only if you do it on purpose. ;P
I just thought of something... wrong. And it probably doesn't make sense.

He's probably only saying that because he's weak and womens make him have earthquakes in his pants.

In our yellow submarine.
[~+~]

rofl

User Image

Empty Spiral

Femme Autobot Crescendo

Proxy Werewolf

12,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:20 am
My mother was discussing this on her forums.

If god was mad at immodest clothing, he would've struck our school down with an INDEPENDENCE DAY LAZOR when the rap-video trend began.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff